Cheetah Plains Highlights
- Watching wildlife from the swimming pool
- Friendly staff and guides
- Photographic safaris
- Local village trips
- All meals and wine list
- Dining in the boma
Cheetah Plains Lodge Information
- Lodge type; Safari Lodge
- Location; Sabi Sand Reserve
- Lodge size; 8 Chalets
- Recommended stay; 3-5 nights
Cheetah Plains Lodge and game reserve is that quintessential traditional family-friend safari lodge where what matters is the comfortable accommodation, the friendly services and smiles, fantastic wildlife sighting and delicious South African home-style cuisine.
So looking for a safari lodge within that mid-range budget, that is small, intimate and family friendly with great wildlife, well look no further.
The Cheetah Plains Game Reserve is found in the in the north-west corner of the Sabi Sand Reserve with the Kruger National Park and MalaMala as neighbours. Think about that for a second and one will realise that wildlife and birdlife here is up there with the best in the area (all at and what can only be described as very very good rates).
Rooms and Suites
With only eight thatched safari cottages and one bush cottage Cheetah Plains offers a level of privacy that is only matched by lodges costing three to four times as much.
Each one of the safari cottages offers up as standard air-conditioning, double (or single) beds, en-suite shower and a verandah overlooking the gardens.
The bush cottage, on the other hand, offers up two bedrooms, lounge, en-suite bathroom with bath and shower, air-conditioning and a verandah overlooking the surrounding bushveld (this is the ideal space for families).
Cuisine and Wine
The traditional and delicious South African home-style cuisine is offered up under the African skies served with warm hospitality.
An inviting swimming pool awaits with views out over the waterhole where if lucky one can watch elephants, buffalo and the rest of the wildlife species coming down to drink during the midday heat.
Early morning and later afternoon/ evening games drive set out daily with the goal of spotting as much wildlife as possible. Sunset drinks against the dramatic, inspiring African sunset are of course standard, a chance to stretch those legs and take in all that surrounds.
Specialized birding and photographic safaris are also available, these safaris have set departure dates so please contact us, and we will advise. One could always request a tailor-made birding or photographic safari.
Regret no children 12 years and under accepted. Only children 13 years & over are allowed at Cheetah Plains & will be charged the applicable adult rate.
Rates from R5 195.00 pp
- Per person per night sharing (pp)
- Rates are in South African Rands
- *Rates may vary according to season
- All meals, local & speciality teas & fabulous filter coffee
- Lunch on day of arrival must be pre-booked
- Game drives - including sunset stop and night drive with astronomy
- All drinks including a specially selected selection of fabulous South African house wines (red/white & sparkling), local beers, non-alcoholic beverages as well as selected house premium spirits
- Transfers to and from Arathusa airstrip when flying with FedAir / Unique Air / FlexeFlyer
- Emergency medical assistance within the Cheetah Plains traversing (excluding evacuation)
- VAT at 14%
- Sabi Sand Reserve entrance fees & conservation fees which will be charged (in cash) at Gowrie Gate
- Transfers to and from the lodge other than the Arathusa airstrip
- Curio shop purchases
- Telephone calls
- All other incidental costs
- Emergency medical evacuation
- Travel insurance/travel cancellation refunds
- All premium spirits, wines (sparkling & champagne), mineral water