Cheetah Plains Highlights
- Baths overlooking the bushveld
- Stunning boma
- Photographic safaris
- Private decks
- Off the grid accommodation
- The ultimate in privacy
Cheetah Plains Lodge Information
- Lodge type; Exclusive-use Safari Lodge
- Location; Sabi Sand Reserve
- Lodge size; 3 Luxury Chalets
- Recommended stay; 3-5 nights
Cheetah Plains Lodge and Game Reserve is that quintessential luxurious safari lodge that caters too small groups (max six people at any one time) and those seeking out the ultimate in privacy and exclusivity.
So looking for a safari lodge that offers an exclusive and private safari experience with all the luxury included, then look no further.
Cheetah Plains is up there with the best safari experiences in Africa.
The Cheetah Plains Game Reserve is found in the north-west corner of the Sabi Sand Reserve with the Kruger National Park and MalaMala as neighbours. Think about that for a second and one will realise that wildlife and birdlife here is up there with the very best in Africa, never mind the Sabi Sand Reserve.
Rooms and Suites
Each one of the three private safari houses offers a shared formal lounge, living room, sun deck, lap pool, loggia, fine wine gallery and dining room. Each house comprises of four graciously appointed free-standing Private Suites, two of which inter-lead (ideal for when travelling with kids).
Remember, these are safari houses and not safari suites. There is enough space in each one to swing an elephant, never mind a cat.
Cuisine and Wine
The traditional and delicious South African home-style cuisine is offered up under the African skies served with warm hospitality.
Each safari house has its own private chef to cater to all one's needs.
Early morning and late afternoon/ evening game drives set out daily to spot as much wildlife as possible. Sunset drinks against the dramatic, inspiring African sunset are of course standard, a chance to stretch those legs and take in all that surrounds.
Specialised birding and photographic safaris are also available.
Onboard each safari vehicle is a bird book, binoculars and a professional level Nikon D850 camera fitted with a 200-500mm telephoto lens plus memory card are provided for guests’ enjoyment.
Safari vehicles are; prototype Land Cruiser Electric safari vehicles. Yes, you read that right; Electric safari vehicles.
Travelling with the family and kids in tow is encouraged at Cheetah Plains. For families with kids that are 12 years and younger, there is a unique safari program in place.
All safari houses offer inter-leading private suites, a family/ living room and for when the kids get bored, a games selection and Netflix.
Kiddies cooking classes and babysitting options are also on offer.
Spa and Wellness
Personal wellness is in the hands of your dedicated wellness therapist. Enjoy your pampering in the privacy of your Private Suite, allowing the therapeutic experience to envelop you completely.
A selection of touch therapies or beauty treatments is available.
Rates from R22 695.00 pp
- Per person per night sharing (pp)
- Rates are in South African Rands
- *Rates may vary according to season
- Afternoon Tea, Dinner & Brunch
- Speciality teas & filter coffee
- Twice-daily game drives
- Game drives include a sunrise / sunset stop & stargazing
- All house drinks including a selection of South Africa’s most enjoyable wines, local beers and spirits
- Non-alcoholic beverages.
- Transfers between Arathusa airstrip & Cheetah Plains are included when flying with FedAir / Airlink / Private Charter.
- 15% VAT
- Sabi Sand Reserve entrance fees & conservation fees
- Flight transfers to and from the lodge
- Curio shop purchases
- Telephone calls
- All other incidental costs
- Emergency medical evacuation
- Travel insurance
- All premium spirits, wines and champagne