Cheetah Plains Highlights
- Baths overlooking the bushveld
- Close to Malamala and the Kruger National Park
- Stunning boma and cuisine options
- Private game drives and photographic safaris
- The hospitality team is up there with the best
- Complete off-the-grid accommodation
- The ultimate in privacy
Cheetah Plains Lodge Information
- Lodge type; Exclusive-Use Safari Lodge
- Location; Sabi Sand Game Reserve, South Africa
- Lodge size; 3 Luxury Villas
- Recommended stay; 3-5 nights
Cheetah Plains Offers Unparalleled Privacy And Exclusivity In The Sabi Sands Game Reserve
Cheetah Plains Lodge and Game Reserve is that quintessential luxurious safari lodge that caters to small groups (max six people at any one time) and those seeking out the ultimate in privacy and exclusivity.
So looking for a safari lodge offering an exclusive and private safari experience with all the luxury included, look no further.
Cheetah Plains is up there with the best safari experiences in Africa.
The Cheetah Plains Game Reserve is found in the northwest corner of the Sabi Sands Game Reserve, with the Kruger National Park and MalaMala as neighbours. Think about that for a second, and one will realise that wildlife and birdlife here are up there with the best in Africa, never mind the Sabi Sand Game Reserve.
Rooms And Suites
Each of the three private safari houses (bush villas) offers a shared formal lounge, living room, sun deck, lap pool, loggia, fine wine gallery and dining room. Each house comprises four graciously appointed free-standing Private Suites and two inter-lead (ideal for when travelling with kids).
Remember, these are safari houses and not safari suites. There is enough space in each one to swing an elephant, never mind a cat.
Cuisine And Wine
The traditional and delicious South African home-style cuisine is offered under the African skies and served warmly.
Each safari house has its private chef to cater to all one's needs.
Early morning and late afternoon/ evening game drives set out daily to spot as much wildlife as possible. Sunset drinks against the dramatic, inspiring African sunset are, of course, standard, a chance to stretch those legs and take in all that surrounds them.
Specialised birding and photographic safaris are also available.
Onboard each safari vehicle is a bird book, binoculars and a professional-level Nikon D850 camera fitted with a 200-500mm telephoto lens plus a memory card provided for guests' enjoyment.
Game drives are in; prototype Land Cruiser Electric safari vehicles. Yes, you read that right; Electric vehicles.
Travelling with the family and kids in tow is encouraged at Cheetah Plains. For families with kids that are 12 years and younger, there is a unique safari program in place.
All safari houses offer inter-leading private suites, a family/ living room and, for when the kids get bored, a games selection and Netflix.
Kiddies cooking classes and babysitting options are also on offer.
Spa And Wellness
Personal wellness is in the hands of your dedicated wellness therapist. Enjoy your pampering in the privacy of your Private Suite, allowing the therapeutic experience to envelop you completely.
A selection of touch therapies or beauty treatments is available.
Cheetah Plains Lodge is the perfect destination for those seeking a private and exclusive safari experience.
Its three luxury villas, stunning boma, photographic safaris, off-the-grid accommodation and unrivalled privacy in the Sabi Sand Game Reserve offer everything from an African Safari lodge.
Whether travelling as a family, as a small group of friends or even as a couple looking for the highest degree of privacy and luxury, Cheetah Plains is what you are after.
With its off-the-grid accommodation, personal wellness treatments, birding activities and electric safari vehicles – Cheetah Plains provides guests an unparalleled experience in the Sabi Sand Reserve.
Rates from R137 800.00 exclusive use
- Cheetah Plains Lodge Rates
- Exclusive use, based on 4x people sharing
- Rates are in South African Rands
- *Rates may vary according to season
- Afternoon Tea, Dinner & Brunch
- Speciality teas & filter coffee
- Twice-daily game drives
- Game drives include a sunrise / sunset stop & stargazing
- All house drinks including a selection of South Africa’s most enjoyable wines, local beers and spirits
- Non-alcoholic beverages.
- Transfers between Arathusa airstrip & Cheetah Plains are included when flying with FedAir / Airlink / Private Charter.
- 15% VAT
- Sabi Sand Reserve entrance fees & conservation fees
- Flight transfers to and from the lodge
- Curio shop purchases
- Telephone calls
- All other incidental costs
- Emergency medical evacuation
- Travel insurance
- All premium spirits, wines and champagne