Sable Camp Highlights
- Almost guaranteed leopard sightings
- Small intimate safari lodge
- Rangers and guides
- Being in the MalaMala Reserve
- Cold beers on the deck
MalaMala Sable Camp Information
- Lodge type; MalaMala Luxury Camp
- Location; Sabi Sand Reserve
- Lodge size; 6 suites
- Recommended stay; 2-5 nights
MalaMala Sable Camp is situated at the southern end of the Mala Mala Game Reserve in a prime elevated position overlooking the Sand River and surrounding bush; Sable Camp is an ideal retreat for the more reclusive traveller who prefers privacy and exclusivity.
The fully air-conditioned, beautifully appointed Sable Camp has a genuinely colonial feel enhanced with modern comforts.
Large wooden deck surrounding Sable Camp provide the platform from which to admire the unimpeded views that make the Sable Camp experience so rich and interactive.
MalaMala Game Reserve has been in existence since 1927 and offers visitors the most exciting wildlife experiences in Africa. This Private reserve comprising of 33 000 acres shares an unfenced 19km border with the famous Kruger National Park.
When it comes to wildlife sightings, it is a given that 96% of the time clients get to view the "Big 5" during a stay with the reserve. There are not a lot of reserves in the whole of Africa that can come up with similar stats - trust us on that one.
It is correct in saying that MalaMala is not part of the Sabi Sand Game Reserve, but an entirely free-standing entity squeezed in between the two giants of the safari world.
Rooms and Suites
Five luxurious suites individually decorated with classic high thatched ceilings all offer king-sized beds, en-suite bathrooms and a verandah with views out over The Malamala reserve.
The Lion's Den suite consists of 2 en-suite bedrooms with a central yet separate lounge area, The Lion's Den is perfect for families or two couples travelling together.
Cuisine and Wine
Breakfasts with a choice of full English or continental, lunches are an extravagant buffet styled affair while dinners offer a variety of African styled cuisine options, all meals are served either in the dining area, outside deck or in that stunning boma.
An excellent selection of wines from the in-house cellar and cold beers are are the perfect accompaniment to meals.
A highlight of ones stay at Sable Camp is the opportunity for a bush breakfast and picnic lunch.
- Small library with satellite television
- Safari bar and dining-room
- A large wooden safari deck
- Stunning swimming pool below the camp
- Mobile phone coverage (MTN)
- Complimentary internet and Wi-Fi connectivity
Activities in and around the MalaMala game Reserve include;
- Exhilarating bush drives (morning and afternoon)
- Night drives
- Guided bush walks
- Dedicated photographic vehicles
This is the MalaMala Game Reserve at it's best.
Unfortunately, children under the age of 12 years are not accommodated, look at MalaMala Main Camp for a more family-friendly environment. Children over the age of 12 years can be accommodated in the family room options.
Spa and Wellness
Massage and treatments services are available to guest on request and are offered in the privacy of one suite or private deck. There is no dedicated spa area on site.
Rates from R 19 800.00 per person
- Per person per night sharing (pp)
- Rates are in South African Rands
- *Rates may vary according to season
- Air-conditioned, en-suite accommodation
- All meals and snacks
- Game drives in open 4-wheel drive safari vehicles conducted by an experienced ranger
- Nature walks
- Transfers to and from the MalaMala Game Reserve airstrip
- Telecommunication costs
- Airport transfers (except for MalaMala airstrip to/from the MalaMala camps)
- Transfers to/ from any other camps (excluding MalaMala Game Reserve camps)
- Sabi Sand Wildtuin entrance fee if travelling by road
- US$ 12.50 per person per day Community Levy