Rates from US$ 820.00 pp
- Per person per night sharing (pp)
- Rates are in US Dollars
- *Rates may vary according to season
- Lodge type; Safari Lodge
- Location; Sabi Sand Reserve
- Lodge size; 19 suites
- Recommended stay; 2-5 nights
MalaMala Main Camp is South Africa's legendary and exclusive destination. Internationally acknowledged as "the top wildlife viewing destination in the world", Main Camp is set in beautiful surroundings on the banks of the Sand River.
The ochre-coloured buildings of Main Camp are clustered amid shady trees and manicured lawns overlooking the Sand River. The individually decorated, spacious and comfortable rooms under traditional thatching, enjoy spectacular views.
Despite the comfort offered, Main Camp retains an authentic atmosphere.
MalaMala Game Reserve has been in existence since 1927 and offers visitors the most exciting wildlife experiences in Africa. This Private reserve comprising of 33 000 acres shares an unfenced 19km border with the famous Kruger National Park.
When it comes to wildlife sightings, it is a given that 96% of the time clients get to view the "Big 5" during a stay with the reserve. There are not a lot of reserves in the whole of Africa that can come up with similar stats - trust us on that one.
It is correct in saying that MalaMala is not part of the Sabi Sand Game Reserve, but an entirely free-standing entity squeezed in between the two giants of the safari world.
The 19 luxury rooms consist of twin or double rooms, suites, family rooms, a disabled suite and one single room.
Each of the air-conditioned rooms enjoys a spectacular view of the surrounding bush and are equipped with "His" and "Hers" en-suite bathrooms, insect proof screens and top quality large twin beds.
Individually decorated, they feature sets of animal or bird prints, complementing the attention to detail for which MalaMala Main Camp is world famous.
Bush cuisine is served in the grand old African manner, under the stars in a reed-enclosed boma, a MalaMala tradition for over 60 years.
Enjoying superb food and outstanding South African wines is yet another highlight of the Mala Mala Main Camp experience.
- The impressive lounge, air-conditioned dining room and historic bar are conducive to good companionship
- An air-conditioned library with satellite television, internet connectivity and DVD player
- A large wooden safari deck in the shade of a Jackalberry tree
- A large infinity pool with magnificent views across the river
- A well-appointed safari boutique with quality clothing, jewellery and artefacts
- Mobile Phone coverage and Wireless internet connectivity is available
Activities in and around the MalaMala game Reserve include;
- Exhilarating bush drives (morning and afternoon)
- Night drives
- Guided bush walks
- Dedicated photographic vehicles
This is the MalaMala Game Reserve at it's best.
MalaMala Main Camp is child and family friendly, and all ages are most welcome.
Family rooms are set up in a way that children are accommodated in the living area of the suite, remembering that all suites at malMala main camp have two bathrooms.
Activities available for the little ones to participate in are as follows;
- Wildlife tracking from their spoor markings
- Basic bush survival skills
- Dangerous animal warning signs
- Basic first aid for emergency situations
- Kids learn how to make fire and to participate in the meal preparation
- Children can communicate on the radio when out of game drive times
- Special children meals are on offer
- Babysitters are available
- Child-friendly movies and board games
Massage and treatments services are available to guest on request. There is a small fully equipped gym onsite with all the necessary equipment to keep one slim and trim.
- Almost guaranteed leopard sightings
- Wildlife is spectacular
- Game drives
- Large infinity pool
- Classic safari style
- Photographic safaris
- Air-conditioned, en-suite accommodation
- All meals and snacks
- Game drives in open 4-wheel drive safari vehicles conducted by an experienced ranger
- Nature walks
- Transfers to and from the MalaMala Game Reserve airstrip
- Telecommunication costs
- Airport transfers (except for MalaMala airstrip to/from the MalaMala camps)
- Transfers to/ from any other camps (excluding MalaMala Game Reserve camps)
- Sabi Sand Wildtuin entrance fee if travelling by road
- US$ 12.50 per person per day Community Levy