- Malamala Game Reserve
- Leopard sightings
- Historic 1920s Transvaal homestead
- Relaxed and social atmosphere
Kirkman's Kamp Information
- Lodge type; Luxury Safari Lodge
- Location; Malamala Game Reserve
- Lodge size; 18 Suites
- Recommended stay; 3-7 nights
Kirkman's Camp with her rolling lawns overlooking a sweeping bend on the Sabi River is one of the few remaining classical colonial lodges found in South Africa. This historic camp dates back to the early 1920's while celebrating the atmosphere of a landmark South African homestead.
Located within the Private Mala Mala Game Reserve, one is guaranteed a safari experience second to none as there is no better wildlife area anywhere within the greater Kruger National Park region.
Children are welcome here Kirkman's making this the perfect destination for you and the whole family.
MalaMala Game Reserve has been in existence since 1927 and offers visitors the most exciting wildlife experiences in Africa. This Private reserve comprising of 33 000 acres shares an unfenced 19km border with the famous Kruger National Park.
When it comes to wildlife sightings, it is a given that 96% of the time clients get to view the "Big 5" during a stay with the reserve. There are not a lot of reserves in the whole of Africa that can come up with similar stats - trust us on that one.
It is correct in saying that MalaMala is not part of the Sabi Sand Game Reserve, but an entirely free-standing entity squeezed in between the two giants of the safari world.
Rooms and Suites
18 luxurious cottages all gracious styled in a colonial atmosphere are available, each one with a private veranda, en-suite bathrooms, air-conditioning and spectacular views.
The en-suite bathrooms boast a large claw-foot bath as well as a separate shower area for complete comfort and luxury during your stay.
Cuisine and Wine
Breakfasts, lunches and after high tea are all served on shady verandas surrounding the main homestead overlooking rolling lawns and out onto the surrounding bushveld.
Dinners, on the other hand, are served in either the African boma around a roaring campfire or at the main homestead, this is all based on what the weather is doing.
All cuisine is created from only the finest and freshest produce available, most of which is sourced from the surrounding local communities.
The main homestead at Kirkman's Camp is the focal point of the lodge, with a spectacular swimming pool, gorgeous lounge and dining areas and well as a fantastic library.
Activities in and around the MalaMala Game Reserve include;
- Exhilarating bush drives (morning and afternoon)
- Night drives
- Guided bush walks
This is the MalaMala Game Reserve at it's best.
Kirkman's Kamp is child and family friendly, and all ages are most welcome.
Family rooms are set up in a way that children are accommodated in the living area of the suite, remembering that all suites at malMala main camp have two bathrooms.
Activities available for the little ones to participate in are as follows;
- Wildlife tracking from their spoor markings
- Basic bush survival skills
- Dangerous animal warning signs
- Basic first aid for emergency situations
- Kids learn how to make fire and to participate in the meal preparation
- Children can communicate on the radio when out of game drive times
- Special children meals are on offer
- Babysitters are available
- Child-friendly movies and board games
Spa and Wellness
Massage and treatments services are available to guest on request. There is a small fully equipped gym onsite with all the necessary equipment to keep one slim and trim.
Rates from R9 980.00 pp
- Per person per night sharing (pp)
- Rates are in South African Rands
- *Rates may vary according to season
- Three meals daily
- Soft drinks
- House wines
- Local brand spirits and beers
- Teas and coffees
- Refreshments on game drives
- Safari activities
- One hour nature walks accompanied by experienced armed trackers (subject to availability)
- Emergency medical evacuation insurance
- Transfers to and from the lodge airstrip
- Telephone calls
- Safari shop purchases
- All items of a personal nature
- Fine wines
- Premium brand spirits and cigars
- Government bed levy
- Conservancy or park fees
- Landing fees
- Administration fee