Singita Sweni Highlights
- Panoramic game-viewing decks
- Outdoor daybeds
- The size of the suites
- The views from the suites
- The main Sweni guest area
- Wine cellar
- Cuisine is outstanding
Singita Sweni Lodge Information
- Lodge type; Safari Lodge
- Location; Singita Kruger
- Lodge size; 7 suites
- Recommended stay; 3-5 nights
The intimate and luxurious Singita Sweni Lodge is tucked into the banks of the Sweni River. A hidden gem that offers visitors contemporary design, architecture and cuisine, all within the surrounds of a magnificent wildlife destination.
Being so close to the river's edge, guests at Sweni are treated to an incredible number of wildlife and birdlife sightings year round.
Sweni is without question of our favourite lodges within the Kruger National Park. No one has yet to match the levels of service, luxury and wildlife other than the other Singita lodges.
The private Singita concession within the Kruger National Park borders Mozambique and consists of 33 000 acres of some of the best wilderness experiences found anywhere in or around the National Park.
Wildlife and birdlife populations in the concession thrive across four distinct ecological zones.
Of interest, this area is famed for the four particularly formidable prides of lions that are found here. These prides are often the subject of National Geographic documentaries.
Rooms and Suites
There are six suites (1-bedroom) with open plan lounge and sleeping area decorated with African artefacts, leather and khaki.
Luxury suites with floor-to-ceiling glass walls consist of luxurious bathrooms, indoor and outdoor showers, an expansive living area, and private wooden leisure decks. All suites are air-conditioned and also offer the option of ceiling fans.
A new Pool Suite is available to guests; this 1-bedroomed suite offers the same levels of attention and the six suites above with the difference being a private swimming pool. This Pool suite can be connected to the adjoining suite to create a two bedroomed option perfect for families.
Cuisine and Wine
Guests at Singita Sweni Lodge encounter something truly original: a cuisine inspired by African flavours and yet guided by the Western culinary tradition. Menus cater to both the adventurous and more conservative tastes and all special dietary requirements can be accommodated.
Ask to visit the wine cellar, where you will find an extensive array of some of South Africa's finest wines.
- There is a swimming pool
- Spa and gym facilities
- The Singita Boutique & Gallery
- There is complimentary internet (WiFi) access
Guests have access to a wide range of activities, including;
- Early morning game drives and guided bush walks
- Guided safari walks on request
- Mountain biking and archery
- Afternoon (into evening) game drives in open Land-Rovers
- A swimming pool for relaxation and sun tanning
- Very experienced guides and trackers
Children of all ages are welcome at Singita Sweni Lodge.
Spa and Wellness
Spa treatments are enjoyed in the seclusion of a dedicated Spa area between Lebombo and Sweni lodges, or on a private deck and even an option of a treatment in the comfort of your own suite.
Treat yourself to at least one spa session during your stay, we did and can highly recommend "The African Experience" de-stress from the Singita signature treatments list, 120 minutes of pure bliss.
Treatments are available for children over 12 years of age.
Rates from R22 750.00 pp
- Per person per night sharing (pp)
- Rates are in South African Rands
- *Rates may vary according to season
- All meals and beverages (including premium wines, spirits and liqueurs, but excluding French Champagne)
- Twice daily open Land Rover safaris
- Walking safaris
- Mountain biking safaris (accompanied by experienced guides and trackers)
- Return road transfers between the Satara airstrip and the lodges
- Laundry service
- Tourism Levy
- Telephone calls
- Purchases from the Singita Boutique & Gallery
- French Champagne
- Spa treatments
- Transport to and from the reserve.