The Outpost Highlights
- Views, views and more views
- Game drives are spectacular
- Walking safaris are a must
- The honeymoon suite
- Did we mention the views?
The Outpost Lodge Information
- Lodge type; Safari Lodge
- Location; Kruger National Park
- Lodge size; 12 suites
- Recommended stay; 3-5 nights
The OutPost Lodge is perched high up on a hilltop overlooking the Luvuvhu River and the surrounding hills and valleys.
The lodge that is all about the utmost in luxury and service while offering guests safaris in one of the most beautiful areas of the entire Kruger National Park.
This area of the Kruger National Park has to be without question our favourite region, the landscape, the wildlife, the birdlife, the history and the spot were three countries join (South Africa, Zimbabwe, and Mozambique) make for one extraordinary destination.
The Makuleke Concession is some 26 500 hectares in size and is positioned in the far north-western region of the Kruger National Park.
The Makuleke and Pafuri regions are famed for their abundant wildlife with large herds of elephant and buffalo, large cats and numerous species of antelope.
For birders, more than 350 species have been recorded in this area alone.
Rooms and Suites
12 unique and modern completely private open-plan suites are on offer, all with some of the best 180-degree views available in the whole of the Park.
The bedrooms, the en-suite bathrooms, the lounge areas and the private verandahs are all open out onto views like no other. King-sized beds and baths large enough for two adults are without question two of the highlights of the OutPost.
The Outpost’s new eco-friendly satellite lodge, Pel’s Post accommodates only 8 guests in 4 unique stand-alone, open plan suites. A personal chef, private vehicle and guide offers guests the luxury of setting their own pace while on safari.
This exclusive use camp, perched along the Luvuvhu river bank, offers unparalleled views of the vast remote wilderness and river below.
Cuisine and Wine
One aspect of the OutPost that is guaranteed to delight is the cuisine, whether it be breakfast, lunch, high tea or dinner.
A must do experience is lunch out in the bushveld under Baobabs or on the river banks with the surrounding wildlife and birdlife.
- Dining Room
- Wine Cellar
- Swimming Pool
- Superb South African wines
- Deck with Spectacular Views
- Lounge with Fireplace
- Fictional, non-fictional books and novels
- In-room Massage Therapies
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in central area
Morning, afternoon and early evening game drive come with highly experienced local guides and spotters, as previously mentioned this is one of the best areas in the whole of the Kruger for both wildlife and birdlife.
Walking safaris are also available; this activity is a must.
Children over the age of 10 years are most welcome at The Outpost Lodge.
Spa and Wellness
In-room Massage Therapies come highly recommended, these range from full body massages to beauty treatments.
Rates from R8 100.00 pp
- Per person per night sharing (pp)
- Rates are in South African Rands
- *Rates may vary according to season
- Fully serviced Luxury accommodation
- Two game drives per day in open safari vehicles with sun-downers and snacks
- Optional game walks
- Three meals daily
- Tea & Coffee
- All beverages excluding premium wines and spirits from our wine cellar. Laundry Service
- Wi-Fi in central area
- Road transfer from the Pafuri runway to the Lodge for fly-in guests
- Curio shop purchases
- Premium wines from the wine cellar
- Telephone calls
- Lodge Transfers
- Massage therapies
- Compulsory international fully comprehensive travel insurance
- Park Entrance Fees