Rates from R11 410.00 pp
- Per person per night sharing (pp)
- Rates are in South African Rands
- *Rates may vary according to season
- Lodge type; Luxury Safari Lodge
- Location; Kruger National Park
- Lodge size; 9 Thatch Suites
- Recommended stay; 2-5 nights
Although similar to Lion Sands Tinga Lodge, Lion Sands Narina has a distinctly more African feel. Like the bird, it was named after (the Narina Trogon), the lodge is unobtrusive, yet undeniably beautiful, blending perfectly with the riverine forest vegetation.
The main deck is on stilts overlooking the Sabie River, and the suites are connected by an elevated wooden walkway. The lodge comprises nine suites.
Game sightings are exceptional at Lion Sands Narina Lodge. In winter, elephant and buffalo are seen daily, with large herds making their way down to the river in a cloud of dust. Lion prides are frequently seen, lazing in the shade of large figs and leopards make an occasional appearance. White rhino is sometimes seen grazing in the evenings below the main deck.
Lion Sands Narina Lodge on the banks of the Sabie River, inside the excellent wildlife viewing part of the Kruger National Park only 5 minutes from Skukuza airport.
The Sabie River area offers the greatest density of leopards within Africa, as well as in addition to one of the highest predator densities. The lodge being in the Kruger National Park overlooks the Sabi Sand Game Reserve.
Each suite has a private viewing deck and heated plunge pool with magnificent views of the Sabie River.
The suites are equipped with en-suite bathrooms, a large outdoor shower, minibar, safe, two air-conditioners, overhead fans, direct dial telephones, satellite television and DVD players. The suites also have hair dryers, international adaptors and insect repellent spray.
The Lion Sands Narina Lodge culinary experience is further enhanced by the tranquil settings in which the meals are enjoyed. Breakfast and lunch are enjoyed on the decks of the lodges, under the shade of the 200-year-old Jackalberry tree. The gently flowing Sabie river and the soporific call of the emerald-spotted dove provide the perfect accompaniment to the range of delicacies prepared by the Narina chefs.
Evening meals are often serenaded by the some of the local wildlife - one can almost detect a wistful tone in the call of the hyena and jackal as the tantalising aroma of a bush barbeque drifts through the bush. One detects a distinctive scolding note in the roar of the lion, as the fare his lionesses has provided does not compare favourably with the meal being enjoyed in the traditional bomas at Legends and Narina. There is a note of envy from the hippos grazing on the riverside vegetation as a romantic dinner for two is enjoyed by guests on the deck of their suite.
Facilities at Lion Sands Narina Lodge include a library stocked with an array of African literature, a wine cellar stocked with premier South African and international wines, a boma, bar and wellness treatment room.
There is also a large eternity swimming pool situated next to the wooden deck allowing unobstructed views of the Sabie River.
Safaris are conducted in open vehicles, in the early morning and late afternoon. Drives are usually 3 hours in duration depending on game viewing and weather conditions.
Early morning drives usually stop for refreshments in the middle of the drive. Afternoon drives usually stop for sundowners at a scenic spot (where possible) before proceeding with a night drive.
The Tinga concession has 5000 hectares of exclusive traversing. This includes 35 km of river frontage along the Sabie and Sand rivers. In addition to this, Tinga vehicles are permitted to traverse the entire Kruger network. To ensure the guest comfort, there are only six guests allocated to a vehicle.
Children 10 years and older are welcome. Childrens' activities and meal options are of course available.
A range of body, skin and grooming treatments are on offer; best enjoyed in the quiet hours between game drives.
- Views out over the African bushveld
- Private plunge pools
- Main guest areas
- Free Wi-Fi (in guest areas)
- Almost complete privacy
- Luxurious accommodation in a suite with lounge and private plunge pool
- Three meals per day
- Afternoon High Tea
- Well stocked mini-bar in room
- Beverages and selected snacks (ALL soft drinks; teas/ coffees and a selection of beers, spirits & house wines)
- Two game drives per day with FGASA qualified Field Guide and expert tracker
- Guided bush walks
- Safari Sundowners, including beverages & canapés
- Hippo Tour
- Wildlife lectures
- Bush breakfasts, picnic lunches and our spectacular bush dinners under the African stars
- Henna Pre-School visit (excluding weekends, school & public holidays)
- Skukuza Airport transfers
- Premium brand beers, spirits, cellar wines & champagnes
- Cigars & cigarettes
- All flights and transfers (other than Skukuza Airport transfers)
- Telephone calls
- OneLife MORE safari boutique purchases
- Spa treatments & products
- Kruger National Park entrance & conservation fees
- Private Safari Vehicles
- Specialist activities such as a night at one of Lion Sands' Treehouses
- Helicopter rides