- Departure; Scheduled and tailor-made departure dates
- Duration; 11 Day Botswana Safari
- Lodging; Luxury Tented Mobile Safaris
- Group Size; Maximum 12
- Note: Travel insurance is compulsory for all safaris
Days 1-2: Moremi / Khwai
- Upon arrival at Maun Airport, you will be warmly welcomed by a representative of Uyaphi.com, who will direct you onto your light aircraft flight to Khwai Tented Camp.
- The only proclaimed wildlife reserve in the Okavango Delta, Moremi Game Reserve is also widely regarded as the most beautiful.
- Moremi Game Reserve has the most diverse habitat and animal populations in Botswana.
- The reserve contains about a quarter of the Okavango Delta and stretches across several thousand square kilometres, comprising a stunning landscape of forests, lagoons, floodplains and islands.
- Game viewing is excellent year-round, and resident species include lion, cheetah, leopard, elephant, wild dog, zebra, red lechwe and much more.
- Spend two nights at Khwai Tented Camp.
- Game drives, guided walking safaris, evening drives and a visit to the old bushman village of Khwai.
- All meals, all beverages (except premium brands) and adventures
- Semi-permanent, Hemingway-style tent
Days 3-4: Savute
- After breakfast, you will be transferred by light aircraft to Savute Airstrip.
- Some of the largest concentrations of wildlife in Southern Africa are found in the Savute (sometimes spelt Savuti) area.
- Situated in the famous Chobe National Park on the border of the Okavango Delta, Savute is best known for its channel, which mysteriously fills up and dries up periodically, seemingly unrelated to the rainfall.
- Savute supports the greatest concentration of the king of all beasts – the lion.
- The landscape of Savute is strikingly different from the lush Chobe riverfront, with an almost desert-like feeling.
- Spend two nights at Savute Under Canvas.
- Adventures include twice-daily game drives in semi-open 4x4 vehicles with guaranteed window seat.
- Includes three meals daily, soft drinks, house wines, local brand spirits and beers (excluding premium brands), teas and coffees.
- Accommodation is in a spacious tent, with an en-suite bathroom that features a separate w.c. and an al fresco bucket shower (hot water delivered on request).
Days 5-6: Selinda
- After breakfast, you will be transferred by light aircraft to Selinda Airstrip.
- The Selinda Reserve is a 320 000 acre (129 500 hectares) private wildlife sanctuary in northern Botswana.
- The famous Selinda Spillway, which links the Okavango Delta to the Linyanti and Kwando wetlands and rivers, meanders through the area.
- Abundant wildlife is attracted to the vast floodplains and grasslands along the river, with large numbers of elephant and vast herds of buffalo congregating around the Zibadianja Lagoon in the dry winters.
- Predator viewing is also exceptional, including lion, leopard, wild dog and cheetah.
- Adventures include walking safari and canoeing.
- Game drives are offered, but game drives are a supplement to other activities (walking and canoeing) as opposed to the emphasis.
- Your stay includes three meals daily, alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages (excluding imported and premium drinks).
- Accommodation is in Selous style tent with a private open-air en suite 'bustani' bathroom including a flush toilet, double basins and hot and cold water bucket shower.
Days 7-8: Chobe River
- After breakfast, you will be transferred by light aircraft to Kasane Airport.
- Upon your arrival at Kasane Airport, you will be driven to your secluded campsite near the banks of the Chobe River.
- The Chobe National Park has some of the highest elephant numbers in Africa.
- Large herds of buffalo heading towards the river is the norm.
- Lion and leopard are commonly sighted on the banks of the Chobe River.
- Adventures include twice-daily game drives in semi-open 4x4 vehicles, with guaranteed window seat, and a boat cruise along the Chobe River.
- Your stay includes three meals daily, soft drinks, house wines, local brand spirits and beers, teas and coffees.
- Accommodation is in a spacious tent, with en-suite bathroom, separate w.c. and an al fresco bucket shower (hot water delivered on request).
Days 9-10: Victoria Falls
- After breakfast you will be driven to Victoria Falls River Lodge, clearing customs and immigration en-route.
- A World Heritage Site, Victoria Falls is one of the world’s greatest natural spectacles and the stuff of legends, romance and myth.
- Long before the Scottish missionary and explorer Dr David Livingstone 'discovered' the Falls in 1855, the local Batonga people had named them Mosi-oa-Tunya, 'the smoke that thunders'.
- Livingstone named them for his queen.
- Today, the village rightly claims the title of Adrenaline Capital of Africa, home to a seemingly endless variety of adventure sports from bungee jumping to canoeing and white water rafting.
- Victoria Falls River Lodge boasts panoramic African sunsets with seven spacious luxury tents are set right on banks of the mighty Zambezi.
- Two game activities per person per day (a choice of either a morning/afternoon game drive in the Zambezi National Park or a sunrise/sunset river cruise); snacks and drinks will be included on the game drive or river cruise.
- Your stay at Victoria Falls River Lodge includes meals, local beverages and high tea.
- Spend two nights at Victoria Falls River Lodge.
Day 11: Safari Ends
- After a mouth-watering breakfast, we wave a fond farewell as you are transferred by road to Victoria Falls International Airport.
Rates from US$ 8461.00 pp
The Above Rates should be used as a guideline only.
- All rates are subject to availability
- Rates may vary according to season
- Lodging may change depending on your budget
- Vehicle type may change depending on your budget
- All rates may change without notice
- Single supplement may apply
- Meet and Greet at Maun International Airport
- All light aircraft transfers and road transfers as per itinerary
- Accommodation inclusions as per itinerary
- Meals and beverages as specified in itinerary
- Scheduled activities as offered by the camps
- Emergency medical evacuation insurance
- Administration fee
- Additional suggested activities not included in the rate
- All other travel arrangements before or after the safari
- Flights (other than specified in the detailed safari itinerary)
- Compulsory insurance
- All personal purchases (including curios, spirit liquors, telephone calls etc. etc. etc.)