- Departure; Scheduled and tailor-made departure dates
- Duration; 16 Days / 15 Nights
- Lodging; Bush Camps, Lodges and hotels
- Group Size; Minimum 2
- Note: Travel insurance is compulsory for all safaris
16-day Budget Accommodated Safari Highlights: Game Drives in Kruger, Matobo, Hwange and Okavango Delta
Embark on the Game Trail Accommodated Safari for an unforgettable African wildlife experience. This 16-day small-group Zimbabwe safari visits Zimbabwe, Botswana and South Africa's best game parks, including Kruger, Matobo, Hwange and Okavango Delta.
Travel in a customised 4x4 safari vehicle with your expert guide and enjoy morning and evening game drives searching for lions, elephants, leopards, etc.
This is a budget-friendly way to see Africa's most iconic wildlife destinations, with Victoria Falls included!
Days 1-2: Kruger National Park
- Departing Johannesburg at 06:30 am we head northeast into the world-famous Kruger National Park.
- We arrive in the remote and seldom visited the northern part of the park, driving from Satara to Pufuri.
- We enjoy morning and afternoon game drives in our safari vehicle and hope to spot lions, elephants, rhinos and other animals in this icon of wildlife conservation.
- Overnight: Chalets BLD (except breakfast on the first morning of safari).
Day 3: Great Zimbabwe Monument
- Entering Zimbabwe at the Beit Bridge border post, we travel to the town of Masvingo and the Great Zimbabwe Monuments.
- The well-preserved ruins are some of the oldest and largest stone structures in Southern Africa and were built during the 11th to 14th Centuries.
- We explore on foot and wonder at the mysteries of these ancient stone structures and the civilization that built them.
- Overnight: Hotel BLD.
Day 4-5: Matobo National Park
- Travelling via the city of Bulawayo, we move on to the Matobo National Park and our chalets on the outskirts of the park.
- This afternoon we enjoy sundowners from the granite ridge overlooking the park.
- The following morning we visit World’s View and the historical site of Cecil John Rhodes’ grave.
- Unusual rock formations are home to an array of ancient bushman paintings, which we visit while on our game drive and walk.
- This area is also home to Zimbabwe’s rhino which we hope to see on our excursion to the national park.
- Overnight: Chalets BLD.
Days 6-7: Hwange National Park
- Named after a local Nhanzwa chief, Hwange National Park is the largest Park in Zimbabwe, occupying roughly 14 650 square kilometres and is located in the country's northwest corner.
- It is famed for its large elephant population.
- Our chalets are in the game management area that borders the park, and we explore the park with our local guide on a full-day game drive in an open 4WD game viewing vehicle.
- Overnight: Chalets BLD.
Days 8-9: Victoria Falls
- We spend 2 nights in the town of Victoria Falls.
- We enjoy a spectacular walk through tropical vegetation to the very edge of the “Mosi oa Tunya” or “the smoke that thunders” - Victoria Falls.
- There are opportunities to white water raft on the mighty Zambezi River, bungi jump or take a “flight of angels” (own expense).
- Overnight: Chalets B--.
Day 10: Chobe National Park
- Entering Botswana, we head to the town of Kasane on the banks of the Chobe River.
- The river flows lazily along the northern boundary of the Chobe National Park, attracting some of Africa's largest herds of elephants.
- A highlight of any trip to the Chobe is the afternoon game viewing “sundowner” cruise, where we hope to see a large number of elephants and other wildlife as they quench their thirst at the end of the day.
- Overnight: Chalets BLD.
Day 11: Nata
- This morning there is time for an optional (own expense) game drive in the Chobe National Park.
- Heading south through the Kasane Forest Reserve, we make our way to the Nata area for our overnight stop.
- Overnight: Tented Lodge BL-.
Days 12-14: Okavango Delta
- We transfer into the delta by open 4WD game viewing vehicle.
- Our local guides will take us deep into the heart of the Okavango Delta on Mokoro (dugout canoes).
- Being gently poled through the network of channels is an experience not to be missed.
- The delta forms as rainwater from the Angolan highlands flows out over the flat Kalahari Desert sands, forming a delicate, green oasis for birds and wildlife.
- We will camp wild on remote islands in this amazingly dynamic environment and enjoy bush walks, bird watching and swimming in the clear waters.
- Camping with our local guides, we learn more about their lifestyle and culture.
- We return to Maun in the late afternoon of day 14 and have time for an optional (own expense) game flight over the Okavango, which will reveal a different aspect of the delta.
- Overnight: Tented Camping and chalets BLD.
Day 15: Khama Rhino Sanctuary
- Heading south from Maun, we drive through the wide-open spaces of the Kalahari Desert to the Khama Rhino Sanctuary.
- This is a community-based wildlife project established in 1992 to assist in saving the vanishing rhino, restore an area formerly teeming with wildlife to its previous natural state and provide economic benefits to the local Batswana community through tourism and sustainable use of natural resources.
- We hope to spot some elusive rhinos on an afternoon game drive.
- Overnight: Chalets BLD.
Day 16: Zimbabwe Game Trail Accommodated Safari Ends
- Crossing back into South Africa, we make our way to Johannesburg, where the tour ends in the late afternoon.
- Distance/time: 630km, ± 7 hours, excluding border formalities & stops for sightseeing & lunch.
Book and enquire now for a stunning budget-orientated, accommodated safari.
Rates from € 2 490.00 pp
+ Local Payment; US$ 300.00 pp
The Above Rates should be used as a guideline only.
- Zimbabwe Game Trail Accommodated Safari Rates
- All rates are subject to availability
- Rates may vary according to season
- Lodging may change depending on your budget
- All rates may change without notice
- Single supplement may apply
- 13 nights, chalets, guesthouses & rooms and permanent tents, 2 nights tented camp
- Entrance fees
- Use of camping equipment (except sleeping bags & pillow)
- Transport in 4WD / safari truck & minibus
- Meals as per itinerary
- Professional guide
- Okavango Delta excursion
- Local Flights
- International flights
- Items of a personal nature
- Meals not specified
The Perfect Victoria Falls Honeymoon SafariVictoria Falls is the ideal destination for a honeymoon or romantic safari. Victoria Falls is an awe-inspiring sight, and it's easy to see why it has become one of the most popular destinations for couples on honeymoon or romantic safari.
Canoeing On The Upper ZambeziYour correspondent has been travelling and going on safari in Africa since the early 1980s. I have lost count of the many, majestic sunsets, of the unique wildlife moments accidentally captured by a camera and of the multitude of happy days with friends in remote places.
Best Victoria Falls Adventure ActivitiesThe Victoria Falls is not only celebrated as one of the worlds most beautiful sights but it also is known as the adventure capital of Africa. With Victoria Falls being on most safari itineraries it is good to know what to do and see when in town, whether you are staying on the Zambian or on the Zimbabwean side of the Falls.
Best Victoria Falls Relaxed ActivitiesThe Victoria Falls area has gained a reputation over the past two decades as one of the adventure centres of the world. From bungee jumping to white water rafting, there will be some activity for the adrenalin junkie. However, this is not what the Vic Falls was traditionally about.