- Lodge type; Island Resort
- Location; Zanzibar
- Lodge size; 87 rooms
- Recommended stay; 3-7 nights
- Sun tanning
- Zanzibar sight seeing
- Windsurf equipment, Canoe, Beach volley, football, archery
- Evening entertainment program Discotheque
Mapenzi Beach on the Island of Zanzibar overlooks down over enchanting gardens and out over the Indian Ocean. Kiwenga Beach in front of the resort is absolutely magnificent in every way possible.
On the East Coast of Zanzibar in a secluded tropical setting, Mapenzi Beach Club is set above a powdery white sand beach about 50 minutes from Stonetown and about one hour from the international airport.
Join the daily programs or your favorite sport activities when at Mapenzi Beach Club available during the day until late at night.
Mapenzi Beach Club consists of 87 rooms that all offer en-suite bathrooms, four-poster beds, air-conditioning, fan, minibar and private veranda's all elegantly furnished in traditional African style.
- 21 Superior Garden Rooms; all rooms have garden views and are located furthermost away from the beach.
- 36 Superior Rooms; large private veranda's and are located just behind the beach villas.
- 30 Beach Villas; private veranda's and all are located on the beach.
4 restaurants are available when staying at Mapenzi Beach, each with a different theme and location.
- The View Restaurant; Buffet breakfast, lunch and dinner with local dishes, international cuisine and themed evenings.
- Nakupenda Pizzeria; Situated right on the beach, the Pizzeria serves fresh pizza and salads.
- Ocean Reef Beach Grill; Situated right on the beach and serves tasty light lunches (lunches only).
- À la carte Suli-Suli Restaurant; Seafood a’ la carte Restaurant. For your special romantic candlelight dinner under the open skies (meals are for a separate bill).
2 bars and 1 lounge are also on offer.
- Hibiscus Bar; The bar serves snacks, non-alcoholic drinks, fruit juices, local beer, cocktails, spirits, long drinks, selected wine, tea and coffee.
- Upepo Bar; The bar serves snacks, non-alcoholic drinks, fruit juices and beer.
- Sheesha Lounge; Experience an enjoyable Shisha in a comfortable and informal outdoor atmosphere
Mapenzi Beach Club offers guests that perfect mix of relaxation, fun and extensive all inclusive services.
- Large recreational pool
- Beach towels and sun beds on the beach
- Sun umbrellas and deck chairs at the swimming pool
- Wireless internet connection
- Medical assistance with Doctor on call (at charge)
- Spherique fashion boutique with drugstore
- Evening entertainment program and discotheque
- Catamaran and laser boat sailing
- Water gym and stretching
- Beach volley
- Table tennis
- Indoor games
- Tennis court
Optional tours and excursions;
- Taxi service to Stone Town
- Snorkelling and diving trips to Mnemba Marine Park
- Big game fishing
- Kite surfing
- Spice tours
Children and families are welcome at Mapenzi Beach Club with family orientated rooms, family based activities and kiddies menus available. Babysitting are of course available.
Muva African Rain Spa offers guests a intimate zone in which to relax and unwind and have the stresses of your day simply disappear. Duration of treatments and massages can range from 15 minutes through to 120 minutes of pure unadulterated bliss.
- Ralaxation packages
- Signature treatments
- Rituals and scrubs
- Facial treatments
- To mention only a few
Rates on Request
Rates form part of Tanzania Safari itinerary
Per person per night sharing
Rates are in US Dollar
*Rates may vary according to season