- Tarangire National Park
- Game drives
- Night drives
- Walking safaris
- Beekeeping project
- Bush breakfasts
- The dessert "Chocolate Kilimanjaro"
- Lodge type; Small Safari Lodge
- Location; Tarangire National Park
- Lodge size; 12 Tented Suites
- Recommended stay; 2-5 nights
Sanctuary Swala Camp is found it the heart of Maasai country in a remote corner of the Tarangire National Park. In total seclusion surrounded by fantastic wildlife and a picturesque landscape complete with baobab and acacia trees one comes across what is most probably the most luxurious camp in the Tarangire.
One does not have to venture far for wildlife sightings as the water hole in front of the lodge offers a constant stream of game including elephants and a few of the big cats.
Sanctuary Swala offers visitors a luxurious and exclusive safari experience far far away from the crowds of the Serengeti.
Twelve luxurious canvas tented suites under the shade of the surrounding acacia trees are found at Swala. The tented suites with their own private verandahs all look out over the water hole that is frequented by wildlife day-in and day-out.
A particular high-lite of the camp is those en-suite bathrooms with both indoor and outdoor showers.
All suites are private in nature and position far enough apart that one has the sense of being alone in the bush.
If you are after the ultimate in safari dining in the Tarangire National Park then Sanctuary Swala Camp is the destination for you. The camp is famed a dessert aptly named the "Chocolate Kilimanjaro".
A must when staying here is to experience either one or all of the following; bush breakfasts, picnics and dinners - highly highly recommended.
Meals typically consist of the following;
- Breakfast: Continental and full English Breakfast
- Lunch: Table d’Hote, 3 course meal with 2 choices, one being a vegetarian
- Dinner: Table d’Hote, 3 course meal with 2 to 3 choices, one being a vegetarian / buffet style dinner in high season
The main dining area, deck and library are lifted on stilts around an enormous and ancient baobab tree. A to-die-for infinity swimming pool overlooking the water hole frequented by game is there to escape the heat of the day.
Complimentary Wi-Fi is available in the main area and in guest& tents, although it is not the fastest on the planet but on saying that it is more than adequate.
With wildlife including lion, leopard, elephant, buffalo, cheetah, giraffe, zebra, brown and spotted hyena, kudu, wildebeest, waterbuck, eland, wild dog and fringe eared Oryx to mention but a few species found within the Tarangire National Park (and over 550 species of bird). With just morning and afternoon game drives one will definitely see a whole lot of wildlife and this is excluding any other activity on offer.
The following activities at Swala Camp (* are additional and will costs extra);
- Game Drives
- Bush breakfasts, picnics and dinners
- Walking safaris*
- Night game drives*
Sanctuary Swala Camp welcomes children 6 years although children aged 15 years and younger are required to share accommodation with their parents.
Children aged 15 or younger are most certainly not permitted on walking safaris.
From US$ 550.00 pp
Per person per night sharing
Rates are in US Dollar
*Rates may vary according to season
- All meals
- All drinks (excluding premium brands and champagne)
- Daily housekeeping
- Two daily shared game viewing activities
- Return transfers to and from the Airstrip to the camp
- 24 hour on site staff and security
- Emergency medical evacuation
- Premium alcoholic drinks and champagne
- Walking safaris and night game drives
- Park, Camping and Concession Fees
- Tourism Development Levy
- Items of a personal nature
- Travel insurance
- International and domestic flights