- Classic tented camp surrounded by wildebeest herds
- A mobile camp that moves with the wildebeest
- Witness the Serengeti's great migration
- beautifully appointed lounge tent and dining tent
- Serengeti National Park wildlife and birdlife
- Lodge type; Luxury Mobile Tented Camp
- Location; Serengeti National Park
- Lodge size; 7 Tented Suites
- Recommended stay; 3-7 nights
Ubuntu A Classic Safari Camp From Which One Can Follow The Serengeti Wildebeest Migration
Asilia Ubuntu Migration Camp stops off at three spectacular locations across the north, west and south of the Serengeti. The camp follows the tracks of massive herds of wildebeest as they cross the vast plains of the Serengeti in an ancient migration cycle.
Ubuntu Camp uncovers fascinating and unexplored corners of this great wilderness, ensuring that first-class game viewing is never far away.
Ubuntu’s guides have an enviable reputation for bringing this remarkable natural phenomenon to life. The camp itself is intimate and personal, and the 7 spacious tented suites epitomize traditional East African safari charm.
Paying homage to age-old safari traditions, Asilia Ubuntu Migration Camp embodies the very best of a classic East African safari experience. From the attentive service to the sumptuous cuisine, every detail has been designed to ensure that your stay is truly memorable.
Rooms and Suites
Ubuntu Migration Camp features seven spacious tented suites, all under canvas (tented), designed and decorated to enhance that traditional authentic safari feel, all in true comfort.
All of the suites include king-sized beds and en-suite bathrooms with hot-water bucket showers and flushing toilets.
All tented suites are positioned far enough apart to ensure a high degree of privacy.
Cuisine and Wine
Delicious home-cooked meals in the African bushveld. The cuisine is prepared with local produce sourced from local farms and villages.
- Breakfasts: Continental or full English breakfast styles
- Lunches: Buffet-style affair
- Dinners: Three-course dinner or a delicious barbecue
- Picnics; Breakfast and/ or lunch picnics for those times when the wildlife is just too good to get back to the camp
Special dietary requirements are catered for.
The guest areas (a large mess tent) are of an open-plan nature and include indoor and outdoor dining areas as well as a lounge and a small library. All guest areas are under large canvas tents with open sidewalls and a covered floor.
Sitting around the campfire at night at Ubuntu Migration Camp, listening to the noise of the African bush that surrounds us, is truly an amazing experience.
The safari activities available at Ubuntu Migration Camp are primarily based around game drives.
These morning, afternoon, or full-day game drive options allow visitors to explore the surrounding Serengeti whilst viewing and photographing wildlife along the way.
In addition to game drives, visitors can also enjoy optional hot-air balloon safaris, cultural and community visits, as well as bush breakfasts, picnics, and dinners.
Children 5 years older are welcome in Ubuntu Camp. A family tent is available, as are a limited number of activities. When travelling with children, we would highly suggest opting for a private safari vehicle.
Note; children below 12 years will always share a room with an adult; wildlife does wander through the camp.
Ubuntu Migration Camp is the perfect safari destination for those looking to witness the world-renowned Serengeti Wildebeest Migration.
With its intimate setting and personal service, Ubuntu ensures that every detail of your stay is nothing short of memorable.
From game drives to bush breakfasts, there are plenty of activities available to keep you entertained during your time at the camp.
Wildlife lovers and those interested in wildlife photography will be in paradise at Ubuntu Migration Camp!
From US$ 762.00 per person
Ubuntu Migration Camp rates
Per person per night sharing
Rates are in US Dollars
*Rates may vary according to season
- Full board accommodation
- All house drinks (except champagne)
- Limited laundry service
- Scheduled open-vehicle game drives
- Transfers to/from;
- Serengeti South airstrip (16th Dec - 15th Mar)
- Kogatende airstrip (25th Jul - 15th Nov)
- Grumeti airstrip (1st May - 16th July)
- Park fees, camping fees and other fees specified above
- All transfers other than stated
- Flying doctors/medical evacuation insurance
- Flights & airport taxes
- items of personal nature