- Game drives
- Guided safari walks on request
- Fun activities such as archery, stargazing safaris and mountain biking
- The Equestrian Centre
- Yoga and gym facilities are available at Sasakwa Lodge
- Lodge type; Luxury Tented Camp
- Location; Grumeti Reserve
- Lodge size; 9 tented suites
- Recommended stay; 3-7 nights
In the heart of the Grumeti Reserve, Singita Sabora Tented Camp offer guests that sense of nostalgic adventure surrounded exceptional wildlife and a promise of the Great Migration.
The Grumeti is a year round safari destination with a healthy population of wildebeest, zebra and elephant who are closely followed by lion's, hyena's and leopard's.
At any one time, Sabora Tented Camp can accommodate 18 guests in total all in the lap of luxury. The perfect blend of opulence and a thrilling wildlife experience awaits.
Singita Sabora Tented Camp decorated in the style of a 1920s explorer's camp offers guests 9 lavishly furnished tented suites. Decorated with antiques and artefacts, original campaign furniture, Zanzibari chests, Persian rugs, and masses of crystal, silverware and brass.
All tented suites lead out onto the plains spotted with wildlife where day beds are scattered to provide spots for afternoon naps and incredible game-viewing.
- A large bedroom and reading area
- En-suite bathroom with bath,outdoor shower and dressing area
- Viewing deck with Swarovski spotting scope
- Electronic safe
- Free standing fan
- Direct dial telephone (US lines)
- Wireless internet access
Highly trained chefs are available to take care of any and all culinary needs. Singita employs only the best chefs in Africa as well as sources only the finest locally grown produce, producing without question some of the finest cuisine anywhere on the continent.
Dinners in particular are a highlight, served under acacia trees and a canopy of African stars.
A wide selection of fine wines, beers, champagnes and sparkling wines, cognacs and cigars are available.
The main camp offers up a a dining room, bar and lounge with satellite television, and a nicely stocked library. In front of the main area is a viewing deck that looks out over the surrounding plains teaming with wildlife and birdlife.
A heated swimming pool and Jacuzzi sit alongside the viewing deck area. A small African Trading Store stocks a range of local African artifacts and curios.
Guests have access to a wide range of activities, including:
- Early morning game drives
- Afternoon (into evening) game drives
- Guided bush walks
- A private vehicle is available on request and pricing is on request
- Spa Treatments (optional)
- Hot Air Balloon ride over the Serengeti (optional)
Children’s activities offered at the lodge include game drives and bush walks (minimum age 16), cooking interactions, board games, stargazing, activity booklets with various games, quizzes and games, arts and crafts, movies, and swimming. Childminding services are also available.
Children aged 10 and over are welcome; please remember the camp is unfenced, wildlife does roam around the camp.
Spa and gym facilities are available should you wish. Simply ask your ranger or management that you would like a spa treatment and they will organize it all. Dermalogica products are used for all body treatments and are suitable for both men and women.
From US$ 1 700.00 pp
Per person per night sharing
Rates are in US Dollar
*Rates may vary according to season
- Luxurious en-suite accommodation
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner daily, all drinks (excluding connoisseur wines and French Champagne)
- Land Rover safaris accompanied by an experienced guide
- Laundry and valet services
- Telephone calls
- Road transfers to and from Singita airstrip
- Government of Tanzania Wildlife Fees
- Air transfers to and from the lodge
- Spa treatments
- Use of a private Land Rover
- Certain special meal requests
- Purchases from the Singita Boutique & Gallery