- 180 degree views from the main viewing deck
- A permanent camp on a rocky outcrop
- Bush breakfasts, picnics and dinners
- Cosmic and star-gazing excursions from camp
- Excellent birdlife sightings year-round
- Big cat sightings and the Serengeti cheetah project
- The famous wildebeest migration
- Lion and leopard sightings around the Moru kopjes
- Lodge type; Tented Safari Camp
- Location; Serengeti National Park
- Lodge size; 12 Tented suites
- Recommended stay; 3-7 nights
The Serengeti's Best-Kept Secret: Sanctuary Kusini, A Remote And Private Luxurious Safari Camp
Sanctuary Kusini Camp by Sanctuary Retreats is located in the southern area of the Serengeti National Park.
Perfectly sited in a cluster of kopjes (beautiful outcrops of granite rock), Kusini's twelve luxury tents blend seamlessly into the predator-rich plains of the Serengeti. Part of Kusini's charm is its remote and private location within the park, offering exceptional and essentially private game viewing.
Serengeti is home to the great wildebeest migration, and the short grass plains around Kusini provide the perfect setting for the wildebeest as they mass around the area in the early months of each year.
Sanctuary Kusini Camp is the perfect destination for couples, romantics and honeymooners alike.
Understated luxury at its best, all in a remote and wild location with the World famous Serengeti National Park.
Rooms and Suites
The twelve luxury tents are shaded from the sun by acacia trees, and all are positioned carefully with thought-out views of the plains below.
Each tent has its own butler to look after guests during their stay.
Each tent has its own private wooden veranda with comfortable furniture, the ideal spot to relax for a sundowner after a hot restorative shower in the beautiful en-suite bathrooms.
Cuisine and Wine
From bush breakfasts, private picnics, sundowners, three-course lunches and dinners and everything in between, Sanctuary Kusini offers up an unforgettable experience like very few on the continent.
Meals typically consist of the following;
- Breakfast: Continental and full English Breakfast
- Lunch: Table d’Hote, a 3-course meal with 2 choices, one being a vegetarian
- Dinner: Table d’Hote, a 3-course meal with 2 to 3 choices, one being a vegetarian
The wine list at Sanctuary Kusini Camp is nothing short of sensational, with an array of world-class wines to choose from. Guests can enjoy a glass of wine with their lunch or dinner or take a bottle with them on their safari adventures.
In the main guest area of Sanctuary Kusini Camp, one will find the dining area, lounge and library, all of which afford guests spectacular views out over the Serengeti National Park teeming with wildlife.
A particular attraction in camp is the adjacent kopje from which picnics, sundowners and romantic dinners are had; the views from here are amazing.
Other camp facilities include;
- Bush boutique for curio shop purchases
- Complimentary wireless internet access
- Drinks around the campfire
- Private airstrip
Should seeing the big cats and the great migration be top of your list, then in a nutshell - look no further. Kusini is one of the top destinations in Tanzania, never mind the Serengeti, for year-round wildlife sightings.
Game drives with experienced guides depart every morning and late afternoon
In the evening, sit out with blankets on top of the main kopje and, with the guidance of the camp manager, learn and explore all that is the African night sky.
Optional visits to the cheetah watch project are on offer for those interested in an ongoing research project into these amazing cats.
Sanctuary Kusini Camp is a child-friendly destination that welcomes all children aged 6 and above and accommodates families together in shared accommodation.
With plenty of safari activities to keep youngsters entertained, as well as a relaxed and friendly atmosphere, Sanctuary Kusini Camp is the perfect place for a family holiday in Tanzania.
Sanctuary Kusini Camp is a luxurious tented safari camp located in the Serengeti National Park, offering exceptional private game viewing.
With 12 tented suites, each with its own private veranda, this camp is perfect for single travellers, couples, romantics or families alike.
There's plenty to do here, including morning, afternoon or full-day game drives, learning about the African night sky, and enjoying picnics and sundowners on top of the nearby kopje.
Whether you're looking to see the great migration or just want an amazing safari adventure, Sanctuary Kusini Camp should be at the top of your list!
From US$ 535.00 per person
Sanctuary Kusini Camp Rates
Per person per night sharing
Rates are in US Dollars
*Rates may vary according to season
- All meals
- All drinks (excluding premium brands and champagne)
- Daily housekeeping
- Two daily shared game viewing activities
- Return transfers to and from the Airstrip to the camp
- 24 hour on site staff and security
- Emergency medical evacuation
- Premium alcoholic drinks and champagne
- Additional activities
- Park, Camping and Concession Fees
- Tourism Development Levy
- All items of a personal nature
- Private vehicle and guide
- International and domestic flights