- Migration viewing all year round
- Absolutely stunning locations
- The surrounding Serengeti Wildlife
- Those classic tented suites
- Cuisine and private picnics
- Lodge type; Tented Safari Camp
- Location; Serengeti National Park
- Lodge size; 10 Tented suites
- Recommended stay; 3-7 nights
Sanctuary Kichakani Serengeti Camp is set in two locations across the Serengeti, as the camp follows the annual migration. In other words, simply put, one will never miss the migration if you stay at this camp, no matter the time of year.
A small and intimate safari camp awaits those that are seeking out the finest in tented accommodation, service, wildlife, and, of course, birdlife.
Kichakani can be booked on a shared basis or an exclusive use basis should you wish to have the entire camp for yourself and a small group of friends or family.
Ten new five-star tented suites await. Each suite offers a private wooden deck from which to drink a cup of Tanzania’s finest coffee or toast the day with a glass of wine.
En-suite bathrooms offer; authentic bucket showers, flushing toilets, king-size beds draped in mosquito netting, and all the niceties that luxury tented suites offer (hairdryers, mosquito nets, in-room safes, etc.)
Breakfast is served before the morning game activity in the main dining area; lunch is on offer either back at camp or in the form of a picnic when on a full days game drive.
Dinners are all about savouring international flavours alongside kachumbari (traditional Tanzanian salsa), coconut beans, paprika, cinnamon, and chilli from nearby Zanzibar.
Romantic private dinners can be arranged upon request.
All cuisine is prepared in-house by a fantastic team in the kitchen, cuisine that will impress all that visit.
Two main central guest tents are where one would find the lounge and the indoor dining area; these areas, no matter their location in the Serengeti, offer stunning panoramas out over the surrounding landscape.
Electricity supply is a combination of a silent packed generator and an inverter battery system.
Safari activities from Sanctuary Kichakani Serengeti Camp are purely game drive based. Morning, afternoon or full-day game drives are on offer.
A highlight of any afternoon game drive in Africa is the stop off for a sundowner or two, and a game drive in the Serengeti is no different. A spectacular location with the setting sun surrounded by wildlife with a glass of wine in hand, what could be better?
Families with children over the age of 6 years are most welcome; please note, though, that there are no dedicated programs for the little ones to participate in.
Children 15 years and younger are required to share with parents.
From US$ 765.00 pp
Per person per night sharing
Rates are in US Dollar
*Rates may vary according to season
- All meals
- All drinks (excluding premium brands and champagne)
- Laundry, daily housekeeping
- Two daily shared game viewing activities. These include morning and afternoon game drives (Game Package only)
- Return transfers to and from the Airstrip to the camp (Game Package only)
- 24-hour on-site staff and security
- Emergency medical evacuation
- Premium alcoholic drinks and champagne
- Park, Camping and Concession Fees (where applicable)
- Tourism Development Levy
- Gratuities to driver/guides and staff
- All items of a personal nature; telephone calls, travel insurance
- Private vehicle and guide
- International and domestic flights, landing fees
- Road transfers to and from other camps and lodges