- Migration viewing all year round
- Camp locations follow the migration cycle
- The surrounding Serengeti Wildlife
- Photography of both wildlife and birdlife
- Those classic tented suites by Sanctuary Retreats
- Cuisine, wine selection and private picnics
- Lodge type; Tented Safari Camp
- Location; Serengeti National Park
- Lodge size; 10 Tented Suites
- Recommended stay; 3-7 nights
Sanctuary Kichakani Camp, Your Exclusive Front-Row Seat To The Serengeti Migration
Sanctuary Kichakani Serengeti Camp is set in two locations across the Serengeti, as the camp follows the annual migration. In other words, simply put, one will never miss the migration if you stay at this camp, no matter the time of year.
A small and intimate safari camp awaits those that are seeking out the finest in tented accommodation, service, wildlife, and, of course, birdlife.
Kichakani can be booked on a shared basis or an exclusive use basis should you wish to have the entire camp for yourself and a small group of friends or family.
The classic safari-style tents have been expertly designed and are spacious, airy, and light. Each boasts a large en-suite bathroom complete with a viewing deck that overlooks the Serengeti Plains.
Sanctuary Kichakani Serengeti Camp is perfect for those seeking an authentic and intimate safari experience in one of the most incredible locations on earth – the Serengeti National Park.
River crossings of vast wildebeest herds have to be one of the best sightings in Africa, and this is the camp where one can witness this and more.
Rooms and Suites
The ten new five-star tented suites at Sanctuary Kichakani Serengeti Camp offer guests a luxurious and private experience while in the heart of the Serengeti.
Each suite features a private wooden deck where guests can relax with a cup of Tanzania’s finest coffee or toast the day with a glass of wine.
The en-suite bathrooms offer an authentic bucket shower, flushing toilets, and all the amenities that luxury tented suites provide. Guests can enjoy king-size beds draped in mosquito netting, as well as hair dryers, mosquito nets, and in-room safes.
Cuisine and Wine
Breakfast is served before the morning game activity in the main dining area; lunch is on offer either back at camp or in the form of a picnic when on a full day's game drive.
Dinners are all about savouring international flavours alongside kachumbari (traditional Tanzanian salsa), coconut beans, paprika, cinnamon, and chilli from nearby Zanzibar.
Romantic private dinners can be arranged upon request.
All cuisine is prepared in-house by a fantastic team in the kitchen, Sanctuary Kichakani Serengeti Camp cuisine that will impress all that visit.
Two main central guest tents are where one would find the lounge and the indoor dining area; these areas, no matter their location in the Serengeti, offer stunning panoramas out over the surrounding landscape.
The electricity supply at Sanctuary Kichakani Serengeti Camp is a combination of a silent-packed generator and an inverter battery system.
Safari activities from Sanctuary Kichakani Serengeti Camp are purely game drive based. Morning, afternoon or full-day game drives are on offer.
A highlight of any afternoon game drive in Africa is the stop-off for a sundowner or two, and a game drive in the Serengeti National Park is no different.
A spectacular location with the setting sun surrounded by wildlife with a glass of wine in hand, what could be better?
Families with children over the age of 6 years are most welcome when staying at Sanctuary Kichakani Serengeti Camp; please note, though, that there are no dedicated programs for the little ones to participate in other than safari activities.
Children 15 years and younger are required to share with their parents.
If you're looking for an intimate safari camp that offers some of the best views in the Serengeti, look no further than Sanctuary Kichakani Serengeti Camp.
Kichakani Camp follows the annual migration, so you can always be guaranteed a great view of the wildlife.
With only ten luxury tented suites, excellent cuisine, and prime locations, this is one safari camp not to miss!
From US$ 1 050.00 per person
Sanctuary Kichakani Serengeti Camp Rates
Per person per night sharing
Rates are in US Dollars
*Rates may vary according to season
- All meals
- All drinks (excluding premium brands and champagne)
- Laundry, daily housekeeping
- Two daily shared game viewing activities. These include morning and afternoon game drives (Game Package only)
- Return transfers to and from the Airstrip to the camp (Game Package only)
- 24-hour on-site staff and security
- Emergency medical evacuation
- Premium alcoholic drinks and champagne
- Park, Camping and Concession Fees (where applicable)
- Tourism Development Levy
- Gratuities to driver/guides and staff
- All items of a personal nature; telephone calls, travel insurance
- Private vehicle and guide
- International and domestic flights, landing fees
- Road transfers to and from other camps and lodges