- Lodge type; Luxury Mobile Tented Camp
- Location; Serengeti National Park
- Lodge size; 9 Tented Suites
- Recommended stay; 3-7 nights
- Morning and evening game drives
- Follows the great wildebeest migration
- Cultural visits
- 9 stargazing tents
- Romantic safaris
Olakira Camp follows the massive herds of wildebeest to two spectacular locations in the north and south of the Serengeti National Park.
Home from December to March is the southern Serengeti, where herds of wildebeest calve simultaneously and the plains throng with new life.
As the dry days of winter arrive, Olakira relocates north to the confluence of the Mara and Bolongonja rivers for spectacular game viewing at the Mara River itself and around the Lamai Wedge.
Looking for a collection of the best lodges and safari experiences in and around the Serengeti National Park, look no further than the Serengeti Lodges that we offer on Uyaphi.com! A collection of lodges and camps located within the National Park and surrounding private wildlife concessions suitable for honeymoons, romantic getaways, family-friendly travel and, of course, the utmost in luxury.
Enquire and book now for Tanzania and the Serengeti at its best!
Olakira Camp's 9 tents offer a modern take on the vintage charm of East Africa.
Each has a king-sized bed (twin beds are available) complete with rich linens, an undercover veranda with a comfortable chaise lounge, and an en-suite bathroom and dressing area with hot-water safari bucket showers and flushing toilets.
Organic produce from local farms gives every meal here fresh appeal.
Continental breakfast or go for a cooked full English breakfast. At lunchtime make your choice from an appetizing buffet with a selection of salads and freshly baked bread to accompany your hot main dish. Don't fill up with too many of the tasty snacks that are served with your sundowners: dinner is a full three courses served at the table.
The mess and dining tents echo the style and ambience of the rooms, with panoramic views of the sprawling Serengeti plains. Dinner is served either under canvas or beneath a glittering canopy of stars in a small clearing close by, accompanied by the night sounds of the bush.
Olakira Camp is all about the Great Migration in the Serengeti National Park and the wildlife drama that follows with the main activities being game drives, game drives and more game drives - like honestly what could be better.
Activities on offer include;
- Game drives
- Bush breakfasts, picnics & dinners
- Cultural & community visits (optional)
- Hot-air balloon safaris (optional and at an additional cost)
Families warmly welcomed at Olakira Camp but with children over the age of 5 years only.
From US$ 842.00 per person
Per person per night sharing
Rates are in US Dollar
*Rates may vary according to season
- Full board accommodation
- All house drinks (except champagne)
- Limited laundry service
- Scheduled open vehicle game drives
- Transfers to/from Kogatende airstrip (June-mid Dec) or Ndutu airstrip (Mid Dec-Apr)
- Park fees, camping fees and other fees specified above
- All transfers other than stated
- Flying doctors/medical evacuation insurance
- Flights & airport taxes
- Items of personal nature
- Additional lunch (picnic or in house)