- Game Viewing River cruises
- Sundowner cruises in the evening
- Exclusive guided nature walks
- Exclusive game drives
- Excellent birding
- Lodge type; Safari Lodge
- Location; Selous Game Reserve
- Lodge size; 13 rooms
- Recommended stay; 3-7 nights
The Mivumo River Lodge is located within Africa's largest game reserve and a proclaimed world heritage site, the Selous Game Reserve in Southern Tanzania.
The spectrum of wildlife in the Selous Game reserve is diverse, all the more interesting because its southern location attracts a unique combination of East and Southern African wildlife, both resident and migratory, and particularly a curious and colorful assortment of over 440 known species of birds.
The intricate waterways and tributaries of the Rufiji River Delta attract a healthy population of elephant, and are packed full of grunting hippopotamus and yawning crocodile that lumber ominously into the water at the first sound of a boat. The banks attract different sized herds of plains game depending on the season, as herds disperse after the rains and then regroup when the water sources concentrate and they are forced to venture into the open to drink, so risking predator attacks with the protection of the crowd.
Mivumo River Lodge comprises 12 superior rooms and 1 premium luxury suite all decorated in an elegant African style of a bygone era incorporating local materials from the region. Each suite has an en-suite bathroom with a romantic foot and claw bath with panoramic views over the river.
The Mivumo Villa; offers three double bedrooms, each with opulent bathroom and private sun-deck. Each room has its own private viewing deck, sun loungers, plunge pool and rain shower. The central area features a king-sized bed, writing desk, river-view lounge with LCD TV, double bathroom with dressing area and Victorian claw-foot bath.
The main lodge offers a lounge and library both overlooking the river, as well as an intimate dinning area offering a wide selection of gourmet dinners, a la carte lunches and safari breakfast buffets.
Dine in style on your all inclusive safari holiday while enjoying uninterrupted river views of the hippos, elephants and crocodiles that congregate on its banks.
The lodge also boasts a sundeck and plush swimming pool that offers the perfect place to relax with a good book or an afternoon gin and tonic.
In the evening, the deck becomes the perfect setting for star gazing and sharing the day's adventures around the bonfire.
Activities on offer cater for both those seeking the thrill of a safari adventure and those out to simply enjoy the more peaceful and serene environment of this location.
Activities are numerous and include (some included in price, some optional);
- Dedicated safari guide and vehicle
- River safaris
- Bush dining
- Hosted river fishing
- Nature and bird walks
- Bush walks
- Hot-spring bathing
- Game viewing
- Sundowner cruises
- Bush and sand bank picnics
- Bird watching excursions
Mivumo River Lodge does not take children under the age of 7 years due to wildlife and the unique nature of the lodge itself.
Children over 7 years are most welcome though with special meal plans and accommodation types.
- Family game drives in our custom-built open-sided safari vehicles, which are ideal for children.
- Family boat safaris.
- Family breakfasts in the reserve.
- Guided walks, bird spotting and cultural tours.
- Cultural dancing and heritage displays.
- Culturally-interactive trips to local villages and/or schools.
Rates on Request
Per person per night sharing
Rates are in US Dollar
*Rates may vary according to season
- Stieglers airstrip transfers to and from the lodge
- Full board accommodation on a per person sharing basis
- Guided game walks
- Game drives
- Boat excursions & sun downer outings
- Teas & coffees, soft drinks
- Selection of fine wines, beers, spirits
- Flights & airport departure tax
- Game reserve entry and concession fees
- Telephone calls
- Limited edition wine selection
- Selected brand spirits, cigarettes & cigars
- Night game drives