- Guided Walks
- Walk round Ngorongoro Farm House
- Masai walk
- Ngorongoro Conservation Area just 20 minutes away
- Lodge type; Farm Lodge
- Location; Ngorongoro Area
- Lodge size; 52 rooms
- Recommended stay; 2-5 nights
Ngorongoro Farm House is a fantastic base from which to explore all the surrounding attractions whilst offering good value for money to-boot.
The lodge is set on a working farm (hence the name) and is ideally situated halfway between the attractions of Ngorongoro and Lake Manyara whilst offering activities locally that include mountain biking, hiking and cultural visits.
We describe this lodge more as a rural / farming destination from which one visits the surrounding and local attractions from a central base. A great destination for couple, families and small groups of friends traveling together.
Offering 52 huge cottage rooms and suites decorated in local materials and styled in a modern rustic way with wood beamed ceilings and concrete floors.
Four-poster beds, comfy couches and reading table, a central fireplace, and a veranda overlooking the farm and gardens. En-suite functional bathrooms lead off the bedrooms and offer guests flushing toilets, shower and basins.
- 49 standard rooms (a few of the standard rooms have interconnecting doors, perfect for families)
- 3 suites
The chefs at Ngorongoro Farm House have a wealth of fresh produce available to them, most of which is grown on the farm itself. All meal times are flexible and are in general based around what activities you will to doing that particular day.
dining options include indoor, outdoor or even a private romantic option on your own verandah.
Breakfasts and lunches are in general relaxed affairs with plenty on offer for all palettes, lunch is either at the lodge or is packed for you if you are out exploring the area. Dinner is a more formal 4 course affair with a set menu. The wine list is is rather extensive with a selection mainly from South Africa.
The large central main guest area is a spacious farmhouse styled building with white washed walls and a thatched roof. This area mainly consists of reception, a large comfy lounge with brick fireplace and an indoor dining area with bar.
The main guest are is surrounded by amazing gardens and manicured lawns, a swimming pool is also available for guest to escape those hot summer afternoons.
- Swimming Pool
- Cell phone reception
- Limited Land Lines
- Welcome drinks on arrival
- Souvenir shop
- Guided Walks; A guided walk in the Ngorongoro Conservation Area.
- Visit Ngorongoro Crater; With a picnic lunch, depart for a morning game drive to the Ngorongoro Crater.
- Masai walk; A walk guided by a local Wairak tribesman who will introduce you the culture, customs and the uses of plants.
- Walk around the farm; A interesting guided walk around the farm visiting vegetable gardens, farm animals - great for families.
- Local tribes tour; A day tour to Lake Eyasi where the Hadzabe (hunters and collectors) and the Datoga (herdsmen) tribes live.
Ngorongoro Farm House is most certainly family friendly with no age restriction on ages with a number of activities including general games, lawn croquet and volleyball to mention a few.
Child menu and babysitting options are of course available as is family orientated accommodation.
A small massage room with a trained masseuse are available for half or full body massages.
Rates on Request
Per person per night sharing
Rates are in US Dollar
*Rates may vary according to season