- Game drives
- Private butler service
- Excellent cuisine
- Fresh roses adorn each suite
- Visit a Maasai cultural village
- Sundowners with exceptional views
- Lodge type; Luxury Safari Lodge
- Location; Ngorongoro Crater
- Lodge size; 30 suites
- Recommended stay; 3-7 nights
Ngorongoro Crater Lodge on the edge of the Ngorongoro Crater offers guests a lavish and luxurious option when travelling to this part of Africa.
The design of the lodge and her 3 camps is inspired by the traditional Maasai mud-and-stick manyatta (homestead) combined with European flair. The decor is opulent in nature with antiques and local art combined with the very best in furnishings.
Looking for that something special that oozes decadency and opulence with the very very best in service and cuisine, look no further.
Ngorongoro Crater Lodge is a collection of 3 separate camps; North and South Camp each with 12 suites and Tree Camp with 6 suites. Tree camp is the more intimate of the 3 and is the only one that does not accept children of any age, if you are after romance tree camp is the one to look at.
All suites no matter the camp are similarly furnished and offer large amounts of space, luxury and outstanding decor.
North and South Camp suites have banana leaf roof, Persian rugs, huge beds, large fireplaces and expansive outdoor decking with the finest views imaginable.
Tree Camp, very similar in style but toned back in terms of extravagance offers guests a more rustic, romantic, "I am in Africa" feel without losing any of the luxuries.
All suites have en-suite bathroom facilities fit for a king and queen but it has to be those chandelier-lit bathtubs that take the cake, they are to-die-for.
Each of the 3 camps has its own indoor and outdoor dining areas for more intimate meals surrounded by only the guests in that particular camp.
All meals are of the highest standard available in Tanzania with fresh local produce taking centre stage, whether it be fruit, veggies, lamb, beef to even cheese and olives - one is guaranteed the finest produce available.
We are not going to go on too much about the cuisine at Ngorongoro Crater Lodge as it is just a given that all meals are of a 5-star standard, after all this is not one of Africa's "Top 10" lodges for nothing.
A must experience is the optional lunch banquet on the Crater floor.
There is a swimming pool available for guest but it is normally only the kids that take the plunge, it is normally too cold for adults.
Below is a list of a few of the facilities available;
- Viewing deck
- WiFi in suites and main guest area
- Private vehicles are available
- Kiddies club
- Swimming pool
Game drives into and on the Ngorongoro Crater floor is the main attraction at Ngorongoro Crater Lodge. From flocks of flamingo's to herbivores and predators one is in for some of the best game viewing in Tanzania. The custom 4x4 safari vehicles offer glass windows (that open) and a pop-up roof, all designed with photographers needs in mind.
Walks within the lodge grounds offers up the chance for guests to spot birdlife and a few smaller antelope species, but it is mainly the views and forests that will impress.
Optional activities at an additional charge;
- Lunch banquet on the Crater floor - highly recommended
- Full day Empakai Crater hike
- Day trips to Olduvai Gorge and Shifting Sands
- Choice of three walking safaris, ranging from a few hours to full-day experiences
Children of all ages are welcome at Ngorongoro Crater Lodge but as the lodge is not fenced off and wildlife (buffalo) does venture through, we have to advise parents to be extremely vigilant of where their children are at all times.
Child orientated menus are available as is separate meal times and babysitting options.
Activities for children include;
- Nature walks
- Spear throwing
- Bow skills
- Fire making
- As well as numerous other inhouse options
In-room private massages and a gym-in-a-bag are available to all guests.
From US$ 1 160.00 pp
Per person per night sharing
Rates are in US Dollar
*Rates may vary according to season
- Three meals daily
- Soft drinks, house wines, local brand spirits and beers, teas and coffees
- Refreshments on lodge activities
- Game drives
- Emergency evacuation insurance
- A complimentary pair of Swarovski Optik binoculars per room for use during your stay
- Telephone calls
- Safari shop purchases
- All items of a personal nature
- Champagne, cognacs, fine wines, premium brand spirits and cigars
- Tourism Development Levy of USD 1.50
- Park and Crater fees
- Administration fee
- Transfers from Lake Manyara airstrip/Ngorongoro Crater Lodge or vice versa