Singita Faru Faru Lodge
- Enquire Now
Situated on a slope, basking in the abundance of animal species and birdlife around it, Singita Faru Faru Lodge lends a contemporary signature style to safari. Inspired by a botanical theme, this riverside lodge offers barefoot elegance in a laid-back rustic setting. The organic lines of two rim-flow swimming pools echo those of a watering hole that lies just below.
The elevated viewing decks over the watering hole allow guests to view game without even leaving their lodge, and a Swahili-inspired 'beach' offers the opportunity for some serious rest and relaxation. The contrast of natural elements against cutting-edge design and comfortable furnishings is integrated in six open-style suites, each with an outdoor shower or bath.
Rooms & Suites:
Faru Faru Lodge is built on a gently sloping hill overlooking a waterhole and the Serengeti Grumeti River. It is built in the style of a classic East African Safari camp and consists of;
- Nine air-conditioned suites featuring a picture-window and deck, each suite is en-suite with a bath and shower.
- The lodge offers a lounge, dining room and elevated viewing decks.
- There is a dedicated family suite.
- Each Faru Faru suite has a reading area, huge picture window, deck with Swarovski spotting scope and personal bar and fridge.
- The main lodge areas offer a dining room, bar lounge with satellite television, DVD player and library, outdoor barbeque area and Colonial trading post.
- Suites have electronic safes, overhead fans, hairdryers, direct dial telephones with US lines and wireless internet access.
- Viewing decks overlooking the waterhole are positioned alongside the heated swimming pool.
- At any one time Faru Faru can accommodate 18 guests.
Food & Wine:
- Highly trained chefs are available to take care of any culinary needs. Please inform Faru Faru Lodge before arrival of any special dietary requirements.
- A wide selection of fine wines, champagnes and sparkling wines, cognacs and cigars are available.
Guests have access to a wide range of activities, including:
- Early morning game drives and guided bush walks.
- Afternoon (into evening) game drives in open Land-Rovers.
- The African Trading Store stocks a range of African artifacts and curios.
- Visit the Spa complete with a fully-equipped gymnasium.
- Internet, Satellite TV and fax facilities are available to guests at both lodges.
- Lodge Information
- - Lodge type; Safari Lodge
- - Location; Grumeti Reserve
- - Lodge size; 6 Suites
- - Recommended stay; 3-7 nights
- Lodge Highlights
- - Game drives
- - Bird-watching
- - Photography
- - Guided safari walks on request
- - Spa
- - Fun activities such as archery, stargazing safaris and mountain biking
- - The Equestrian Centre
- - Yoga and gym facilities are available at Sasakwa Lodge
- Rates on Request
- Rates form part of Tanzania Safari itinerary
- Per person per night sharing
- Rates are in US Dollar
- Rates form part of safari itinerary
- *Rates may vary according to season
- Flights (return);
- UK - TANZ; from £ 515
- USA - TANZ; from $ 1128
- EUR - TANZ; from € 670
- Subject to availability & T&C's