- Lodge type; Tented Safari Camp
- Location; Northern Masai Mara
- Lodge size; 3 luxury tents
- Recommended stay; 3-7 nights
- Game drives
- Night Game Drives
- Guided Bush Walks
- Bush Meals
- Cultural Visits
Saruni Wild Tented Camp is located on the Masai Mara plains bordering the private Lemek and Mara North Conservancies, surrounded by pristine, untouched wilderness.
A very small and intimate camp that offers up only three tented safari suites, an ideal camp for a small group of family or friends. The perfect safari camp for those looking to escape the madness of the current world that surrounds us all at the moment, a remote and wild camp as one can find in and around Kenya's Masai Mara National Park.
Saruni Wild offers guests a unique wildlife experience in the Masai Mara region completely off the beaten track.
Saruni Wild Tented Camp is small by nature with only three tented suites, two double tents and one family tent (with two en-suite bedrooms).
All tented suites are furnished with all the luxuries one would expect within a classic safari camp, bathrooms offer guests hot water showers and flushing toilets.
One of the few small and intimate Masai Mara tented camps available.
The chefs within the Saruni group love to experiment with locally sourced ingredients, including beef, fish and vegetables. One will be surprised at how well chefs can cater for one out in what is basically the middle of nowhere. No matter the time of day, the cuisine is outstanding.
most dietary requirements and allergies are catered for, please do inform prior to arrival though.
The central guest area, the heart of the camp, is under canvas and offers guests a small lounge and library and an indoor dining and bar area. Outdoors, a dining area under the Africa stars, awaits as well as a fire pit.
The central guest area has been designed to prioritise the surrounding bushveld instead of everyday luxurious that are not always needed.
There is NO Wifi or internet is available. Electricity in the communal 'mess' tent is provided by solar energy, but not in the bedroom tents; charging of devices can only be done in the central guest area.
A wide range of safari activities are available for all ages and tastes. The main safari activity being game drives (morning, afternoon, night or full-day), is lead by professional guides and trackers.
Other safari activities include;
- Breakfasts along the Mara River
- Starlit dinners under the acacia trees
- The Warriors Academy (Child educational program)
- Walking safaris
- Birding safaris (with almost 500 species on offer)
- Drive to Mount Kilileoni
- Cultural performance of traditional Maasai song and dance
- Hot air ballooning (Extra cost)
Children under the age of 5 stay free of charge when sharing with parents/adults. We would suggest that children over the age of 10 are more suited to a safari camp like this that is unfenced.
The Warriors Academy program is on offer for kids of all ages as is suitable accommodation and meal options.
Spa and wellness treatments and massages are available at Saruni Mara, a short(ish) drive away.
From US$ 700.00 pp
Per person per night sharing
Rates are in US Dollar
*Rates may vary according to season
Rates form part of a Kenya Safari itinerary
- Full board accommodation & limited laundry service
- Soft drinks, house wines, beers & select non-luxury spirits
- Shared day & night game drives in 4x4 vehicles and guided bush walks
- Bush meals, sundowner & picnic excursions
- One complimentary Back & Neck massage (30 min.) per room per stay
- VAT & taxes
- Conservation fees
- Exclusive use of vehicle
- Premium drinks (champagne, luxury spirits and special wines)
- Additional Wellbeing Space treatments
- Gratuities to staff & guides and anything of a personal nature
- Temporary flying Doctors cover
- Entry fees to cultural visits
- Any payable extra activities
- All statutory increases beyond our control