- Game drives
- Escorted walks
- Massage and wellness treatments
- Lodge type; Safari Camp
- Location; Bordering Masai Mara
- Lodge size; 6 thatch cottages
- Recommended stay; 3-7 nights
Saruni Mara Safari Lodge is a deluxe safari lodge outside the famous Masai Mara National Reserve offering the thrill of a real African adventure coupled with the highest standards of style and comfort. With accommodation for only 12 guests in six cottages, it is set in a remote valley at the heart of the most exciting wilderness in Kenya.
Saruni offers a new concept of African safari: a real African adventure lived in harmony with the Masai warriors coupled with high standards of style and comfort.
A unique feature of Saruni Mara Safari Lodge is its collection of books and its library, the most beautiful in the African bush. With thousands of rare books and its very private location, Saruni's library is a place where to meditate, to rest, to think.
This Masai Mara Safari Camp has a low impact on the environment thanks to the use of solar power and the recycling of waste.
Saruni Mara Safari Lodge has six large cottages, where one can experience both the elegance and safety of a permanent accommodation with the thrill of sleeping in close contact with nature. The rooms are furnished with colonial antiques, Persian carpets and African art. The atmosphere at the camp is informal but elegant.
Each cottage has hot and cold running water, 220 volt electricity, elegant Italian bathroom fittings, polished wooden floors, and large bathrooms where the canvas front can be totally open to offer you an amazing "shower with a view". Décor is unique for each cottage and from the large verandahs one enjoys a unique view of the Mara plains and can watch the many wild animals that come to our waterhole.
Your safari actually starts on the massive cedar beds, from where you can see in total privacy elephant, leopard, waterbuck, bushback and impala traversing freely and peacefully in the grounds of the camp.
Savour the exceptional cuisine that is served around the long table and uses fresh, locally grown and organic produce in inventive ways. Alternatively meals can be taken in the bush among the wild animals, with birdsong and animal calls as a backdrop. By separate arrangement a candlelight dinner can be served on your own verandah.
On Game-drives, comfortable, fully-open Land Rovers are used, specially designed to give you maximum visibility over the landscape and the animals.
On Foot-safaris guests walk on the plains and in the mountains and hills that surround Saruni. To walk with the Masai warriors in the African bush is a fantastic experience and you will learn how they use the berries and the leaves, about their traditions and about their life.
Rates on Request
Rates form part of Kenya Safari itinerary
Per person per night sharing
Rates are in US Dollar
*Rates may vary according to season
- Full board accommodation & limited laundry service
- Soft drinks, house wines, beers & select non-luxury spirits
- Shared day & night game drives in 4x4 vehicles and guided bush walks
- Bush meals, sundowner & picnic excursions
- One complimentary Back & Neck massage (30 min.) per room per stay
- VAT & taxes
- Conservation fees
- Exclusive use of vehicle
- Premium drinks (champagne, luxury spirits and special wines)
- Additional Wellbeing Space treatments
- Gratuities to staff & guides and anything of a personal nature
- Temporary flying Doctors cover
- Entry fees to cultural visits
- Any payable extra activities
- All statutory increases beyond our control