- Game drives
- Escorted walks
- Massage and wellness treatments
- Sundowners and bush picnics
- Cultural performances
- Hot air ballooning options
- Lodge type; Safari Camp
- Location; Bordering Masai Mara
- Lodge size; 7 thatch cottages
- Recommended stay; 3-7 nights
Saruni Mara is the only small boutique safari lodge in the Mara set in a remote valley at the heart of the most exciting wilderness in Kenya. The luxurious lodge offers the thrill of a real African adventure coupled with the highest standards of style and comfort whilst only accommodating a maximum of 18 guests at any one time.
Located within a private wildlife concession, the 'Mara North Conservancy', a concession known for outstanding wildlife and birdlife as well as exclusive and private game drives year-round. If you are looking for your own slice of the Masai Mara safari experience, look no further.
Saruni Mara offers a new concept of African safari: a real African adventure lived in harmony with the Masai warriors coupled with high standards of style and comfort.
The safari lodge has a low impact on the environment thanks to solar power and the recycling of waste.
Seven large and luxurious thatched cottages all furnished individually with colonial antiques, Persian carpets and African art. Large verandahs lead into large and luxurious bedrooms with King-sized bedding and a small lounge area; en-suite bathrooms are large by nature and offer twin hand basins and showers with a view.
The seven cottages are as follows;
- The Observatory
- The Love Shack
- The Photographer’s Studio
- The Artist’s Studio
- The Literary Room
- Family Villa (two en-suite bedrooms)
- Private Villa (two en-suite bedrooms)
All cottages are spaced far enough apart to ensure the utmost in privacy.
Savour the exceptional cuisine that is served around the long table and uses fresh, locally grown and organic produce in inventive ways. Alternatively, meals can be taken in the bush among the wild animals, with birdsong and animal calls as a backdrop.
By separate arrangement, a candlelight dinner can be served on your own verandah should one want a bit of privacy for a special occasion.
The thatched central guest area offers up a bar area, indoor dining, a lounge with a fireplace, a gift shop, and one of the better libraries we have seen in a safari lodge.
The guest area over up fantastic views out of the surrounding hills of the Masai Mara. WiFi is available throughout this area and is complimentary.
Morning and afternoon (or full day) game drive through the wildlife-rich Mara North, and Lemek Conservancies are part and parcel of one's safari experience.
Other safari activities include;
- Breakfasts along the Mara River
- Starlit dinners under the acacia trees
- The Warriors Academy
- Walking safaris
- Birding safaris (with almost 500 species on offer)
- Drive to Mount Kilileoni
- Cultural performance of traditional Maasai song and dance
- Hot air ballooning (Extra cost)
Saruni Mara offers guests a serene and relaxing environment in which one can listen to the sounds of the surrounding bushveld whilst enjoying a manicure, pedicure, body/foot massage and facial.
A private cottage is hidden deep in an olive and cedar forest plays host to one of the better spa and wellness options in the Masai Mara region of Kenya.
Booking can be made in-house or with your safari guide, the price list is available at the safari camp.
From US$ 700.00 pp
Per person per night sharing
Rates are in US Dollar
*Rates may vary according to season
Rates form part of a Kenya Safari itinerary
- Full board accommodation & limited laundry service
- Soft drinks, house wines, beers & select non-luxury spirits
- Shared day & night game drives in 4x4 vehicles and guided bush walks
- Bush meals, sundowner & picnic excursions
- One complimentary Back & Neck massage (30 min.) per room per stay
- VAT & taxes
- Conservation fees
- Exclusive use of vehicle
- Premium drinks (champagne, luxury spirits and special wines)
- Additional Wellbeing Space treatments
- Gratuities to staff & guides and anything of a personal nature
- Temporary flying Doctors cover
- Entry fees to cultural visits
- Any payable extra activities
- All statutory increases beyond our control