- Game drives in and around the Mara North Conservancy
- Photography of surrounding wildlife and birdlife
- Escorted bush walks with highly skilled rangers
- Saruni Lodge is the perfect intimate boutique lodge
- Massage and wellness treatments
- Sundowners and bush picnics on the Mara Plains
- Cultural performances and village visits
- Hot air ballooning options over the Mara
- Witness the annual great migration from Saruni
- Lodge type; Luxury Safari Camp
- Location; Mara North Conservancy
- Lodge size; 7 thatch cottages
- Recommended stay; 3-7 nights
Experience The Thrill Of A Real African Safari Adventure At Saruni Mara Safari Lodge
Saruni Mara Lodge is the only small boutique safari lodge in this region of the Masai Mara Triangle, set in a remote and secluded valley at the heart of the most exciting wilderness in Kenya. The luxurious lodge offers the thrill of a real African adventure coupled with the highest standards of style and comfort whilst only accommodating a maximum of 18 guests at any one time.
Located within a private wildlife concession, the 'Mara North Conservancy,' is a concession known for outstanding wildlife and birdlife as well as exclusive and private game drives year-round. If you are looking for your own slice of the Masai Mara National Reserve safari experience, look no further.
Saruni Mara Safari Lodge offers a new concept of African safari: an authentic African adventure lived in harmony with the Masai warriors coupled with high standards of style and comfort.
The luxury lodge has a low impact on the environment thanks to solar power and the recycling of waste.
Seven large and luxurious thatched cottages, all furnished individually with colonial antiques, Persian carpets and African art. Large verandahs lead into large and luxurious bedrooms with King-sized bedding and a small lounge area; en-suite bathrooms are large by nature and offer twin hand basins, hot and cold running water and showers with a view.
The seven cottages at Saruni Mara Safari Lodge are themed as follows;
- The Observatory
- The Love Shack
- The Photographer’s Studio
- The Artist’s Studio
- The Literary Room
- Family Villa (two en-suite bedrooms)
- Private Villa (two en-suite bedrooms)
All cottages are spaced far enough apart to ensure the utmost privacy, and family rooms are available; please enquire about what options are available.
Savour the exceptional Saruni cuisine that is served around the long table and uses fresh, locally grown and organic produce in inventive ways. Alternatively, meals can be taken in the Mara bush among the wild animals, with birdsong and animal calls as a backdrop - a dining experience like no other.
By separate arrangement, a candlelight dinner can be served on your own verandah should you want a bit of privacy for a special occasion.
The thatched central guest area at Saruni Mara offers up a bar area, indoor dining, a lounge with a fireplace, a gift shop, and one of the better libraries we have seen in a lodge or camp.
The guest area over up fantastic views out of the surrounding hills of the Masai Mara. WiFi is available throughout this area and is complimentary.
Morning and afternoon (or full-day) game drive options through the wildlife-rich Mara North and Lemek Conservancies are part and parcel of one's safari experience. Bird watching, the wildebeest migration, numerous plains game and predators including lions, leopards and hyenas, this is what one can expect when on safari here.
There are plenty of safari activities available at Saruni Mara Safari Lodge. Some of the most popular include breakfast along the Mara River, starlit dinners under the acacia trees, and sundowners.
There is also The Warriors Academy, which offers guests the opportunity to learn about traditional Maasai culture and history.
Walking safaris and birding safaris are also popular and offer guests the opportunity to see a wide variety of wildlife up close.
For those looking for a more adventurous option, hot air ballooning is available at an extra cost.
Saruni Mara offers guests a serene and relaxing environment in which one can listen to the sounds of the surrounding bushveld whilst enjoying a manicure, pedicure, body/foot massage and facial. A Maasai wellbeing space is you will.
A private cottage at Saruni is hidden deep in an olive tree and cedar forest and plays host to one of the better spa and wellness options in the Masai Mara region of Kenya.
Booking can be made in-house or with your safari guide; the price list is available at the safari camp.
If you're looking for an authentic safari experience with all the comforts of home, look no further than Saruni Mara Safari Lodge.
This luxurious Saruni lodge is set in a remote valley in the heart of the Maasai Mara National Reserve and offers guests exquisite cuisine, beautiful accommodations, and plenty of opportunities to see wildlife up close.
With just seven cottages available, this intimate lodge provides guests with a personal safari adventure unlike any other.
So if you're looking to get away from it all and immerse yourself in Africa's stunning natural beauty, be sure to book your stay at Saruni Mara!
From US$ 740.00 per person
Saruni Mara Safari Lodge Rates
Per person per night sharing
Rates are in US Dollars
*Rates may vary according to season
Rates form part of a Kenya Safari itinerary
- Full board accommodation & limited laundry service
- Soft drinks, house wines, beers & select non-luxury spirits
- Shared day & night game drives in 4x4 vehicles and guided bush walks
- Bush meals, sundowner & picnic excursions
- One complimentary Back & Neck massage (30 min.) per room per stay
- VAT & taxes
- Conservation fees
- Exclusive use of vehicle
- Premium drinks (champagne, luxury spirits and special wines)
- Additional Wellbeing Space treatments
- Gratuities to staff & guides and anything of a personal nature
- Temporary flying Doctors cover
- Entry fees to cultural visits
- Any payable extra activities
- All statutory increases beyond our control