- Departure; Daily; Scheduled or Tailor-Made
- Duration; 3 Days/ 2 Nights
- Lodging; Mobile Camping
- Group Size; Minimum 2
- Minimum age; Eight years old
- Note: Travel insurance is compulsory for all safaris
Tsodilo Hills is a place of legend and myth that is of enormous spiritual significance for the San Bushmen living in the area. To not dissimilar as Australia’s Ayers Rock, Tsodilo Hills rise abruptly from a rippled, ocean-like expanse of desert in Northern Botswana.
It’s thought that hills were first visited by the Bushmen almost 100,000 years ago and around 2,750 individual outline-style rock paintings have been discovered at 200 sites, as well as rare artefacts and hunting tools dating back 20,000 years.
Although this is one of the shorter safaris that we offer on Uyaphi.com it is most certainly one of the more significant options in terms of Bushmen culture. This is a safari offering visitors a chance to view and experience a mysterious and unspoiled world, perfectly preserved in the pages of time, and an enchanting dip into one of the continent’s oldest cultures.
Day 1: Arrive at Tsodilo Hills
- On arrival at Tsodilo Hills, we are introduced to our guides and camp crew.
- Followed by a guided walk to the more accessible paintings surrounding our campsite before climbing to the summit to enjoy the sunset.
- In the evening, a three-course feast under the stars is waiting for us.
Day 2: Overnight at Tsodilo Hills
- We spend the whole day exploring the hills with our guide.
- Visit the Laurens van der Post panel, the dancing penises, an ancient penguin and sacred Bushmen sites during the course of the day.
- Returning to camp for a fine three-course dinner and a few ice cold beers or glass or twelve of wine all around an open fire.
Day 3: Depart Tsodilo Hills
- Wake up with the sunrise and enjoy a hearty breakfast.
- Our last few hours walking and enjoying in this mystical place.
- A private air charter is waiting to whisk us away to our next adventure.
Rates on Request, budget dependent
The Above Rates should be used as a guideline only.
- All rates are subject to availability
- Rates may vary according to season
- Lodging may change depending on your budget
- Vehicle type may change depending on your budget
- All rates may change without notice
- Single supplement may apply
- Travelling costs as per itinerary
- Activities (most!)
- Entrance and park fees
- Accommodation as specified on a sharing basis
- All meals and local drinks
- Road transfers
- Applicable tourism levies
- Taxes and all relevant VAT
- Expenses of a personal nature
- Premium brand drinks
- Tips and gratuities
- Additional activities
- Scheduled flights and related taxes
- Visa fees where relevant
- Cancellation, baggage, medical, and evacuation insurance