- Departure; Daily; Scheduled or Tailor-Made
- Duration; 4 days/ 3Nights
- Lodging; Luxury Mobile Camp
- Group Size; Minimum 2
- Minimum age; Eight years old
- Note: Travel insurance is compulsory for all safaris
Central Kalahari Game Reserve, one of the more remote areas on this planet offers up miles and miles of pristine, glistening sand and dried up ancient river beds. An area of complete isolation that only sees a handful of visitors every year.
A short 4-day safari takes one to the scorched earth of the Kalahari offering up desert wildlife including desert lions, leopards, meerkats, gemsbok, springbok and wildebeest. All within the luxury of a private mobile safari experience, experience Africa as it once was.
A great book to read before embarking on this safari is "The Cry of the Kalahari" by Mark and Delia Owens.
Day 1: Central Kalahari Game Reserve
- Flying into Deception Pan in the heart of the Central Kalahari Game Reserve we are met by our guide.
- On arrival at our private campsite, we are introduced to the camp crew, after which we have an hour or two of downtime.
- An afternoon game drive is on the cards with the chance of spotting wildlife en route.
- Back at camp, it is all about sunsets, G&T's around the fire and a brief history of the area.
Days 2-4: Central Kalahari Game Reserve
- Over the next few days as a general rule, we are up at the crack of dawn heading out on a game drive in search of lion, leopard, cheetah, honey badger and wild dog.
- Returning to the camp from a brunch and a siesta time.
- Afternoons are spent we explore Deception Valley and visit the campsite of Mark and Delia Owens, the spot where they wrote that amazing book "The Cry of the Kalahari".
- In the afternoons, there will be time to explore Deception Valley and the campsite of researchers Mark and Delia Owens, the exact spot where their book, The Cry of the Kalahari, was written.
- We also have the chance to visit Passarge Valley, Piper Pan and Leopard Pan with all their wildlife inhabitants. Truly amazing this is.
- Returning to camp for dinner in the early evenings.
Day 4: Central Kalahari Mobile Safari Ends
- After a glorious Kalahari sunrise and a scrumptious breakfast, we drive to the Deception airstrip.
- We leave the Central Kalahari on a private air charter.
- Our safari has ended.
Rates from US$ 4420.00 pp
The Above Rates should be used as a guideline only.
- All rates are subject to availability
- Rates may vary according to season
- Lodging may change depending on your budget
- Vehicle type may change depending on your budget
- All rates may change without notice
- Single supplement may apply
- Travelling costs as per itinerary
- Activities (most!)
- Entrance and park fees
- Accommodation as specified on a sharing basis
- All meals and local drinks
- Road transfers
- Applicable tourism levies
- Taxes and all relevant VAT
- Expenses of a personal nature
- Premium brand drinks
- Tips and gratuities
- Additional activities
- Scheduled flights and related taxes
- Visa fees where relevant
- Cancellation, baggage, medical, and evacuation insurance