- Departure; Daily; Scheduled or Tailor-Made
- Duration; 6 Days/ 5 Nights
- Lodging; Camp Kalahari and Camping
- Group Size; Minimum 2
- Minimum age; Eight years old
- Note: Travel insurance is compulsory for all safaris
Quad Bike To Kubu Island: A Truly Unforgettable And Adventurous Makgadikgadi And Experience
On this safari, we not only take in the Kalahari Desert surrounding Camp Kalahari but also one of Botswana's more unusual destinations, Kubu Island, all of this on the back of quad bikes.
Spend the first two nights at Camp Kalahari (and your last night) soaking up the surrounding desert and all she offers, game drives, bushmen walks and short quad bike adventures. But it is on days three and four where the adventure truly begins, barrel across the vast expanses of the Makgadikgadi Pans onboard quad bikes as the scorched, white sands pass by. A land of vastness like nothing else awaits; this is one of those safari options that are a must for all to experience.
"Kubu Island is a holy secret of the Bushmen and a place of ancient power and ritual, and to visit is something extraordinary."
Days 1-2: Camp Kalahari, Makgadikgadi Pans
- Our first two days will be spent out and about in the Kalahari Desert surrounding the camp.
- Game drives, quad biking, and safari walks with Bushmen are a few of the activities on offer.
- We also have the chance to visit the famous Chapman's Baobab.
- Camp Kalahari is an understated and affordable option with more than enough luxury to satisfy most needs.
- Accommodation: Camp Kalahari
Days 3-4: Lost Island of the Baobabs
- Start your engines; it is time to play.
- Traverse the endless pans of the Magadikgadi on a quad bike safari led by highly professional and skilled guides.
- Visit the Lost Island of the Baobabs, watch as the mirages swim and eddy across the pan while one loses all sense of time and direction (no fear, the guides know where they are going).
- Dine around a roaring fire and sleep out under the African stars.
- Day four is reserved for the famed and amazing Kubu Island.
- Kubu Island is flanked on three sides by a vast grey emptiness and occupied by ancient baobabs.
- Kubu has a unique atmosphere and is one of Botswana's most graphically beautiful spots.
- Accommodation: Sleep under the stars
Day 5: Camp Kalahari, Makgadikgadi Pans
- Quad bike back to the comfort and showers of Camp Kalahari for one last night.
- Spectacular scenery and hopefully good wildlife sightings as we cross the pans.
- Arriving in camp sometime in the afternoon, sighting en route dependent.
- Accommodation: Camp Kalahari
Day 6: Quad Bike Kubu Island Safari Ends
- After breakfast, spend a little time in the morning with the Zu/’hoasi people with their fascinating practices and traditions.
- Leave for the airstrip before departing the Kalahari for your next destination.
- Safari ends
Rates from US$ 4 475.00 pp
The Above Rates should be used as a guideline only.
- All rates are subject to availability
- Rates may vary according to season
- Lodging may change depending on your budget
- Vehicle type may change depending on your budget
- All rates may change without notice
- Single supplement may apply
- Travelling costs as per itinerary
- Activities (most!)
- Entrance and park fees
- Accommodation as specified on a sharing basis
- All meals and local drinks
- Road transfers
- Applicable tourism levies
- Taxes and all relevant VAT
- Expenses of a personal nature
- Premium brand drinks
- Tips and gratuities
- Additional activities
- Scheduled flights and related taxes
- Visa fees where relevant
- Cancellation, baggage, medical, and evacuation insurance