- Location in the rim valley
- Quick access to the crater floor
- Picnic lunches whilst out on safari
- Optional Masai Village tour is a must
- Bird watching and spotting is excellent
- Game viewing from the safari vehicle
- Lodge type; Tented Safari Camp
- Location; Ngorongoro Conservation Area
- Lodge size; 10 Tented Suites
- Recommended stay; 3-7 nights
Experience The Ngorongoro Crater Conservation Area From This Luxurious Sanctuary Retreats Camp
Located in the Ngorongoro Conservation Area, a stone's throw away from the crater floor, Sanctuary Ngorongoro Crater Camp is the perfect option for those seeking out a luxurious tented safari option surrounded by the wildlife and birdlife of the area.
Wildlife that can be spotted on one's morning or afternoon crater floor game drive includes; lions, hyenas, jackals, cheetahs and leopards, zebras, buffalos, warthogs, wildebeest, hippos and elephants.
Birdlife, in particular, is excellent not only within the crater but also surrounding the camp. A birder's delight awaits.
If you're looking for a small, romantic getaway, Sanctuary Ngorongoro Crater Camp is perfect for you. With only ten tented suites available at any one time, it's the perfect place to relax and enjoy your vacation.
All the main indoor and outdoor areas at the lodge have stunning views of the crater walls and floor of the surrounding Ngorongoro.
Rooms and Suites
Sanctuary Ngorongoro Crater Camp is a small romantic offering with only ten tented suites available at any one time.
All suites offer up very comfortable king-sized beds and en-suite bathrooms with indoor showers, basins and flushing toilets. A small sitting area in front of each tent is perfect for that early morning cup of coffee while watching the surrounding wildlife and birdlife.
All the tents also feature;
- Mosquito nets
- In-room safes
- And a small verandah
Cuisine and Wine
Breakfast and dinners are served at the camp, while picnic lunches on full-day game drives are served at a scenic spot on the crater floor.
For those on honeymoon or romantic getaway, private romantic meals can be arranged on request when at Sanctuary Ngorongoro Crater Camp.
Kosher meals are unfortunately not catered for.
Meals as a general rule of thumb:
- Breakfast: Continental and full English Breakfast
- Lunch: buffet-style lunch with several choices, including vegetarian
- Dinner: buffet-style dinner with a number of choices, including vegetarian
The main guest area at Sanctuary Ngorongoro Crater Camp offers visitors three large communal tents in which one will find a dining area, a luxurious lounge area and a stunning lounge bar area.
All the main guest areas offer spectacular vistas out into the surrounding bushveld of the Ngorongoro region.
The camp is not too far away from the Ngorongoro Crater floor; it is here on the crater floor that wildlife and birdlife are spotted on one's morning, afternoon, or full-day game drive.
Sanctuary Ngorongoro Crater Camp only offers game drives as a safari activity; there is an optional Masai village cultural tour available should one be interested in the local customs and culture.
What could be more romantic than spending a few days in the bushveld of Africa, surrounded by nothing but wildlife and nature?
At Sanctuary Ngorongoro Crater Camp, you'll feel right at home with only ten tented suites available. The en-suite bathrooms come complete with indoor showers, basins, and flushing toilets.
You'll also have access to a number of communal areas, including a luxurious lounge area, a stunning lounge bar area, and three large communal tents.
And if that's not enough, take advantage of the full-day game drives offered on the crater floor, where you're sure to spot an abundance of wildlife and birdlife.
From US$ 535.00 per person
Sanctuary Ngorongoro Crater Camp Rates
Per person per night sharing
Rates are in US Dollars
*Rates may vary according to season
- All meals
- All drinks (excluding premium brands and champagne)
- Laundry, daily housekeeping
- Two daily shared game viewing activities. These include morning and afternoon game drives (Game Package only)
- Return transfers to and from the Airstrip to the camp (Game Package only)
- 24 hour on site staff and security
- Emergency medical evacuation
- Premium alcoholic drinks and champagne
- Park, Camping and Concession Fees (where applicable)
- Tourism Development Levy
- Gratuities to driver / guides and staff
- All items of a personal nature; telephone calls, travel insurance
- Private vehicle and guide
- International and domestic flights, landing fees
- Road transfers to and from other camps and lodges