- Lodge type; Farm/Rural Lodge
- Location; Serengeti National Park
- Lodge size; 13 Rondavels and Cottages
- Recommended stay; 2-3 nights
- A 30-minute drive from Lake Manyara National Park
- Located next to the Ngorongoro Forest
- Located in a rural farming area
- Farming and cultural activities
- Stunning sunsets
- Those evening campfires
Karatu Simba Lodge is a place of peace and quiet hidden in the Tanzanian countryside amongst rural farms and bordering the Ngorongoro Forest. The lodge offers an experience that is somewhat different to the traditional safari lodge experience, an experience that includes rural farming, culture and of course, wildlife experiences from the nearby National Parks and Game Reserves.
An accommodation establishment that provides a warm welcome and relaxing atmosphere, an establishment where after a long days game drive in the Lake Manyara National Park one can sit back and relax with a sunset over the Ngorongoro Forest.
Karatu Simba Lodge is within a short 30-minutes drive from the famed Lake Manyara National Park.
If rural farming, culture, community, wildlife and birding all interest you, then look no further.
Looking for a unique safari experience? Then look no further than our full selection of only the best Ngorongoro Lodges! We've hand-picked a range of lodges that offer easy access to the world-famous Ngorongoro Crater, home to an incredible variety of wildlife. Whether you're looking for luxury accommodations on the crater rim or a more budget-friendly option in Oldeani or Karatu, we have something for everyone.
Experiencing the Ngorongoro Conservation Area is an experience you will never forget!
Six thatched tented rondavels and eleven cottages are available as choices. All accommodation options are tastefully and simply decorated with handmade furniture of African hardwood.
All rooms offer up views of the forest distant hills and surrounding fields as well as en-suite bathrooms, private verandahs and mosquito clad bedding options (twin, double or triple).
With the lodge being located within a rural farming area, one can expect nothing but the freshest produce year-round.
Breakfast is a buffet-style affair with both hot and cold options available, lunches are in general a packed lunch as one is out on safari and dinners are either buffet styled or menu options.
As a general rule, pretty much all cuisines everything served at Karatu Simba Lodge is labelled "Free Range".
The central guest area with reception area, lounge, bar and indoor dining area have all been designed to take advantage of all the magnificent surrounding vistas.
A swimming pool and pool deck are available for those seeking out a relaxing afternoon.
Free WiFi is available in most of the central guest areas.
With Karatu Simba Lodge being located between both Lake Manyara National Park and the Ngorongoro Crater, one has a wealth of activities to choose from, including;
- Game drives in Lake Manyara National Park
- Visit nearby Ngorongoro Crater
- Birding on the lodge grounds
- Visit Lake Eyasi and the interesting tribes there
- Cultural activities in Karatu
- Guided walks to Ngorongoro Forest and elephant caves
- To mention but a few...
Rates on Request
Per person per night sharing
Rates are in US Dollar
*Rates may vary according to season
- Safari activities as per intineray
- Tea, coffee, bottled water in the room
- Park entry fees
- Activities not included in itinerary
- All drinks other than water in rooms
- Telephone calls
- Travel/medical or evacuation insurance
- Flights & airport taxes
- Items of personal nature such as shop purchases