Shamwari Bayethe Lodge
- Enquire Now
- Lodge Information
- - Lodge type; Safari Lodge
- - Location; Shamwari Reserve
- - Lodge size; 9 tented suites
- - Recommended stay; 2-5 nights
Steeped in pioneer history, and dating back to the time when a multitude of game roamed wild and free, the 25 000 hectare reserve boasts five eco-systems, thus enabling the support of many forms of plant, animal and bird life.
Shamwari Game Reserve is situated in verdant bush along the Bushmans River, halfway between Port Elizabeth and Grahamstown, a pleasant drive from Cape Town and forms a natural extension to the famous Garden Route.
Shamwari Bayethe Lodge is a splendid stone walled and thatch roofed lodge with a large deck area overlooking a waterhole. There is a double volume lounge and dining area which spills out onto the deck which is adjacent to the outside boma for traditional fireside dining under the stars.
Rooms & Suites:
The 9 luxury tents of Shamwari Bayethe Lodge are camouflaged under trees allowing for ample privacy and unsurpassed comforts. Each tent is air-conditioned and heated and has an en-suite bathroom, shower, private plunge pool and viewing deck.
- 9 luxury thatched tents.
- Wooden floor, canvas sides, sliding wooden doors and thatch roof.
- 3 Tents have double beds& 6have twin beds.
- Private decks and plunge pools.
- 3 tents have indoor shower, 6 tents outdoor shower.
- Air-conditioning (hot & cold).
- Electric blankets.
- International direct dial telephones.
- International adaptor plug points.
- Private safe facilities.
- Tea/coffee making facilities.
Food & Wine:
The Shamwari wine list is especially selected and includes a choice of 12 red and 12 white South African wines. A further selection of rare and fine wines and imported French champagne is also available. A selection of Cuban cigars are on offer from the humidor.
- Indoor dining or outdoor dining on deck, or in the boma.
- Fireplace in lounge and indoor dining room.
- Satellite TV in lounge at Shamwari Bayethe Lodge.
- Separate deck area overlooking waterhole.
- Gift Boutique.
- Personal ranger service - only 6 passengers per vehicle.
- Bayethe Bush Spa overlooking the water hole offers a range of treatments. Guests are also able to enjoy spa treatments in the privacy of their rooms
In between game drives your time is filled with relaxing, reading, spa treatments, swimming, enjoying delicious cuisine, a game walk, or a visit to one of the two Born Free Big Cat Sanctuary.
- Rates from: R 5400.00
- Per person per night sharing
- Rates are in South African Rands
- *Rates may vary according to season
- Flights (return);
- UK - RSA; from £ 611
- USA - RSA; from $ 1390
- EUR - RSA; from € 495
- Subject to availability & T&C's