- Knysna Elephant Park
- Visit the Knysna Heads
- Oyster tasting
- Canoeing on the Knysna Lagoon
- Shopping and art galleries
- Spend the day on one of the many beaches
- Birding and hiking in the forests
- Mitchell's Knysna Brewery
- Hotel type; Country lodge
- Location; Plettenberg Bay
- Hotel size; 17 rooms
- Recommended stay; 2-5 nights
This exclusive Country House set on a 24-acre estate with distant mountain views - positioned between Knysna and Plettenberg Bay in the heart of South Africa's Garden Route.
An ideal Plettenberg Bay Lodge getaway for those wanting to enjoy gracious country living, Laird's Lodge offers easy access to unspoiled beaches, world class golf courses, scenic nature reserves and hiking trails.
The 17 high ceilinged elegantly decorated rooms at Lairds Lodge convey a feeling of tranquil elegance and include cushioned comfort, airconditioning, percale linen and quality toiletries.
This Plettenberg Bay Lodge boasts one of the finest menus on the Garden Route specialising in seafood and venison, flavoured with fresh herbs from the garden.
Sumptuous breakfasts and convivial 4-course gourmet dinners are served in one of the traditional reed ceilinged dining rooms or the rustically charming leaf-strewn wine cellar.
This gracious Cape Dutch homestead, situated on a 24-acre estate, offers distant mountain views, wide open spaces, a secluded swimming pool, koi ponds, courtyards and the intimate cognac and cigar lounge.
Daily excursions are planned by one of the knowledgeable staff and include close encounters with whales and dolphins or walking with and feeding the Knysna Elephants. Other options include hiking the Robberg Marine & Nature Reserve, golfing at one of the superb courses.
Monkeyland, Birds of Eden, Teniqwa cheetah's or sunbathing and swimming on one of the pristine beaches.
Rates from R1 200.00 pp
- Per person per night sharing (pp)
- Rates are in South African Rands
- *Rates may vary according to season
- Bed and Breakfast
- Kurland HotelKurland has been designed with exceptional facilities for family holidays and enjoys a Mediterranean climate, which makes this the ideal year-round destination for fun vacations and family reunions. The vistas are breathtaking.
- The PlettenbergThe Plettenberg, a 5 star Relais & Châteaux Hotel built on a rocky headland with breathtaking vistas of the sea, mountains and miles of golden sand in one of the most spectacular resorts in Africa, Plettenberg Bay.
- Hunters Country HouseFragrant, colourful and luxuriant gardens create an idyllic setting for this opulent retreat in the heart of the region, Hunter's Country House combines gracious elegance with sheer comfort and impeccable service with warm hospitality.
- Turbine Hotel and SpaTurbine Hotel and Spa is a memorable tribute to the past, An undeniable devotion to balance is especially evident at the Amani Spa, where Arabic body rituals unite the four fundamental elements: earth, air, fire and water.
- Tsala Treetop LodgeThe afro-baroque décor with its earthy colours, rich textures and hand-crafted fittings draws inspiration from the diverse cultures of Africa, yet Tsala Treetop remains integrated with the sophistication of the Western world.
- Elephant Hide Guest Lodge3km from Knysna, Elephant Hide Guest Lodge overlooks a Lagoon and the Outeniqua mountains, the theme is one based on natural beauty with stone and wood architecture combining to give that comfortable earth feel.