- Knysna Elephant Park
- Visit the Knysna Heads
- Oyster tasting
- Canoeing on the Knysna Lagoon
- Shopping and art galleries
- Spend the day on one of the many beaches
- Birding and hiking in the forests
- Mitchell's Knysna Brewery
- Lodge type; Luxury Hotel
- Location; Plettenberg Bay
- Lodge size; 23 Suites
- Recommended stay; 2-5 nights
Fragrant and colourful, Hunter's' lush gardens create an idyllic setting for this opulent retreat in the heart of the Garden Route. Hunter's Country House combines gracious elegance with sheer comfort and impeccable service with warm hospitality. Far from the madding crowd, yet conveniently close to a wide variety of leisure activities.
This Garden Route Retreat is a member of Relais & Chateaux and Chaine des Rotisseurs.
Secluded within the gardens are 23 luxurious suites, individually designed and decorated, each uniquely distinctive.
All have private patios and gardens; certain suites have their own private plunge pools while all guests can enjoy the hotel's large sparkling outdoor pool.
Set in the magnificent gardens with a spectacular view of the Outeniqua Mountains, the Summer House provides an attractive alternative to the more formal dining rooms offering innovative, informal meals for families and couples with the focus on fresh, wholesome cuisine.
Hunters Country House's incredible wine cellar to is a must see.
- Antique-furnished lounges
- Candle-lit dining rooms
- Extensive cellar
- Sun-drenched conservatory
- A main outdoor swimming pool
- Private 'Chapel in the Forest' available for weddings
- Boardroom fully equipped
Forest walks, family fun and activities for all including Boules Court, swimming pool, and general relaxation in verdant gardens, makes this the perfect Garden Route Retreat.
Families with children are most welcome at Hunters Country House, probably one of the more child friend Garden Route establishments that we have on offer. A Cub's corner for the littlies and the Teen Scene room for the children a little older.
Aromatherapy, massage, reflexology manicure and pedicure are available on request in the privacy of your suite.
Rates from R1 160.00 pp
- Per person per night sharing (pp)
- Rates are in South African Rands
- *Rates may vary according to season
- Bed and breakfast
- All other meals
- Items of a personal nature