- Edwardian style manor
- Shamwari Private Game Reserve
- Pool and verandas
- Dining facilities
- Game drives and walks
- Staff are amazing
- Lodge type; Safari Lodge
- Location; Shamwari Private Game Reserve
- Lodge size; 18 Rooms
- Recommended stay; 2-5 nights
Shamwari Long Lee Manor is a reminder of an era of gracious living - it overlooks a waterhole and the sweeping plains leading down to the Bushmans River.
This Edwardian style manor boasts manicured gardens, large rim-flow pool and verandas, each overlooking the magnificent plains teeming with wildlife.
Shamwari Private Game Reserve is situated in the Eastern Cape of South Africa, offers visitors 25 000 hectares of wildlife and birdlife rich reserve to explore.
Shamwari Private Game Reserve is home to Africa's Big 5 (elephant, rhino, buffalo, lion and leopard), is malaria-free and is situated in the Eastern Cape of South Africa. Shamwari has received numerous international awards, including the World's Leading Conservation Company and Game Reserve for many consecutive years.
Large numbers of ungulates sustain a healthy population of lion, cheetah and the elusive leopard. Grasslands are home to white rhino, and the subtropical thicket provides browsing for elephant and black rhino. Hippo is found in the riverine habitat. The reintroduced red-billed ox-pecker is a common site on buffalo, rhino and giraffe.
Shamwari Long Lee Manor, originally built in 1910, offers a distinctive safari experience. This splendidly restored Edwardian Manor House offers guests refined comfort, congenial service and enticing cuisine in the African bush. Long Lee Manor accommodates 38 guests in 17 elegant en-suite rooms.
- Air conditioning
- Tea and coffee making facilities
- En-suite bathroom with separate shower
- Electronic safe
- Patio or balcony
- Fitted international adaptors
- Television with selected satellite channels
- International dial telephone
- Private minibar
Sumptuously prepared meals are enjoyed in the main dining room that offers both indoor and outdoor seating as well as a boma area that offers up outdoor options all the while overlooking a water hole..
The Shamwari wine list is specially selected and includes a choice of South African wines. A further selection of rare and fine wines and imported French champagne is also available.
A selection of Cuban cigars is on offer from the humidor.
In addition to the rolling landscapes, this 5-star accommodation has several unique features that not only keep you comfortable but also enhance your personal experience even further, including:
- Large rim-flow pool
- Relaxation Retreat
- Fitness centre
- In and outdoor Dining facilities
- Gift Boutique
- Wi-Fi connection
Activities available at Shamwari Long Lee Manor include;
- Two game drives per day (morning and evening)
- Birding Safaris
- The Wildlife Rehabilitation Centre
- The Born Free Big Cat Sanctuaries
- Spa treatments
- Pro photo safari option
- Kids on Safari programme
Shamwari spa treatments are the ideal way to unwind; each treatment can be tailored for either men or women. Yoga therapy is also an option.
- Eagles Crag Lodge; 2 treatments rooms, a hydro bath, sauna and steam bath
- Lobengula Lodge; 1 treatment rooms and sauna
- Long Lee Manor; 3 treatment rooms and gym
- Bayethe Tented Lodge; Private, twin treatment rooms
A variety of treatments are available including (should you require we can forward a full Spa Menu upon enquiry)
- Hand and foot rituals
Rates from R8 925.00 pp
- Per person per night sharing (pp)
- Rates are in South African Rands
- *Rates may vary according to season
- 3 Meals per day
- 2 Game Drives per day
- Local Beverages
- Tea, Coffees and Water
- Guided Walks
- Tourism levy and VAT
- Visits to Educational Centres
- French Champagne and Premium Brands
- Relaxation Retreats
- Items of a personal nature
- Conservation Levy