Rates from R5 980.00 pp
- Per person per night sharing (pp)
- Rates are in South African Rands
- *Rates may vary according to season
- Lodge type; Safari Lodge
- Location; Shamwari Reserve
- Lodge size; 18 Rooms
- Recommended stay; 2-5 nights
Shamwari Long Lee Manor is a reminder of an era of gracious living - positioned as the flagship of Shamwari - it overlooks a waterhole and the sweeping plains leading down to the Bushmans River.
This Edwardian style manor boasts manicured gardens, pools and verandas, each overlooking the magnificent plains teeming with wildlife.
Shamwari Game Reserve is situated in the Eastern Cape of South Africa, offers visitors 25 000 hectares of wildlife and birdlife rich reserve to explore.
Shamwari South Africa is home to Africa's Big 5 (elephant, rhino, buffalo, lion and leopard), is malaria free and is situated in the Eastern Cape of South Africa. Shamwari has received numerous international awards, including the World's Leading Conservation Company and Game Reserve for many consecutive years.
Large numbers of ungulates sustain a healthy population of lion, cheetah and the elusive leopard. Grasslands are home to white rhino, and the subtropical thicket provides browsing for elephant and black rhino. Hippo is found in the riverine habitat. The reintroduced red-billed ox-pecker is a common site on buffalo, rhino and giraffe.
Shamwari Long Lee Manor, originally built in 1910, offers a distinctive Colonial experience. This splendidly restored Edwardian Manor House offers guests refined comfort, congenial service and enticing cuisine in the African bush. Long Lee Manor accommodates 38 guests in 15 elegant en-suite rooms and 3 luxury suites.
- Air conditioning
- Tea and coffee making facilities
- En-suite bathroom with separate shower
- Electronic safe
- Patio or balcony
- Fitted international adaptors
- Television with selected satellite channels
- International dial telephone
- Private minibar
Sumptuously prepared meals are enjoyed in the main dining room, under the Pepper Tree, or around the open blazing fire at the Barn. A river boma offers an outdoor option for meals.
The Shamwari wine list is specially selected and includes a choice of 12 red and 12 white South African wines. A further selection of rare and fine wines and imported French champagne is also available. A selection of Cuban cigars is on offer from the humidor.
In addition to the rolling landscapes, this 5-star accommodation has several unique features that not only keep you comfortable but also enhance your personal experience even further, including:
- 2 swimming pools
- Relaxation Retreat
- Fitness centre and steam room
- In and outdoor Dining facilities
- Conference facility for up to 35 delegates
- Gift Boutique
- Wi-Fi connection
Activities available at Shamwari Riverdene Lodge include;
- Two game drives per day (morning and evening)
- Birding Safaris
- The Ian Player Rhino Awareness centre
- The Wildlife Rehabilitation Centre
- The Born Free Big Cat Sanctuaries
- Spa treatments
- Pro photo safari option
- Kids on Safari programme
Shamwari spa treatments are the ideal way to unwind; each treatment can be tailored for either men or women. Yoga therapy is also an option.
- Eagles Crag Lodge; 2 treatments rooms, a hydro bath, sauna and steam bath
- Lobengula Lodge; 2 treatment rooms and sauna
- Long Lee Manor; 2 treatment rooms, steam room and gym
- Bayethe Tented Lodge; Private, twin treatment rooms
A variety of treatments are available including (should you require we can forward a full Spa Menu upon enquiry)
- Hand and foot rituals
- Edwardian style manor
- Shamwari Game Reserve
- Pools and verandas
- Dining facilities
- Game drives and walks
- Staff are amazing
- 3 Meals per day
- 2 Game Drives per day
- Local Beverages on Game Drive
- Tea, Coffees and Water
- Guided Walks
- Tourism levy and VAT
- Visits to Educational Centres
- Relaxation Retreats
- Items of a personal nature