- Game drives
- Sa treatments
- Guided walks
- Visit the Born Free Big Cat Sanctuary
- Only 6 passengers per vehicle
- Lodge type; Safari Lodge
- Location; Shamwari Private Game Reserve
- Lodge size; 6 suites
- Recommended stay; 2-5 nights
Lobengula Lodge in the Shamwari Private Game Reserve is a beautiful and tranquil space tucked away in the depths of the valley bushveld. It is a place where your soul can rejuvenate and rest in supreme peace and comfort whilst the vibration of authentic Africa dances through your being.
Staying here means that you also have the option to book the whole lodge exclusively.
Shamwari Private Game Reserve is situated in the Eastern Cape of South Africa, offers visitors 25 000 hectares of wildlife and birdlife rich reserve to explore.
Shamwari Private Game Reserve is home to Africa's Big 5 (elephant, rhino, buffalo, lion and leopard), is malaria free and is situated in the Eastern Cape of South Africa. Shamwari has received numerous international awards, including the World's Leading Conservation Company and Game Reserve for many consecutive years.
Large numbers of ungulates sustain a healthy population of lion, cheetah and the elusive leopard. Grasslands are home to white rhino, and the subtropical thicket provides browsing for elephant and black rhino. Hippo is found in the riverine habitat. The reintroduced red-billed ox-pecker is a common site on buffalo, rhino and giraffe.
This plush area of the game reserve boasts 6 suites, each of which can accommodate 2 adults in either twin or king-sized beds.
All 6 suites can sleep a maximum of 2 adults per suite.
- 1 Twin/King bedded Junior Suite with private plunge pool, lounge and fireplace
- 2 Twin/King bedded Junior Suites, each with private plunge pool
- 3 Twin/King bedded Junior Suites adjacent to the lodge pool area
- Air conditioning
- Tea and coffee making facilities
- Electronic safe
- En-suite bathroom
- Private patio
- Fitted international adaptors
- International dial telephone
- In and outdoor shower facilities
- Private mini bar
Lobengula Lodge serves lavish meals either on the main deck, in the dining room beside the fireplace or in the outside boma under the stars. A selection of fine and rare South African wines are available from the cellar.
A selection of Cuban cigars is on offer from the humidor.
- Swimming pool
- Fitness room
- Small gift boutique
- Main lounge
- Perimeter electric fence
Activities available at Shamwari Lobengula Lodge include;
- Two game drives per day (morning and evening)
- Birding Safaris
- The Wildlife Rehabilitation Centre
- The Born Free Big Cat Sanctuaries
- Spa treatments
- Pro photo safari option
Shamwari spa treatments are the ideal way to unwind; each treatment can be tailored for either men or women.
- Eagles Crag Lodge; 2 treatments rooms, a hydro bath, sauna and steam bath
- Lobengula Lodge; 1 treatment rooms and sauna
- Long Lee Manor; 3 treatment rooms and gym
- Bayethe Tented Lodge; Private, twin treatment rooms
A variety of treatments are available including (should you require we can forward a full Spa Menu upon enquiry)
- Hand and foot rituals
Rates from R8 385.00 pp
- Per person per night sharing (pp)
- Rates are in South African Rands
- *Rates may vary according to season
- 3 Meals per day
- 2 Game Drives per day
- Local Beverages on Game Drive
- Tea, Coffees and Water
- Guided Walks
- Tourism levy and VAT
- Visits to Educational Centres
- Relaxation Retreats
- Items of a personal nature