Rates from R10 000.00 pp sharing
- Per person per night sharing (pp)
- Rates are in South African Rands
- *Rates may vary according to season
- Lodge type; Luxury Safari Lodge
- Location; Shamwari Private Game Reserve
- Lodge size; 9 Junior Suites
- Recommended stay; 2-5 nights
Eagles Crag offers guests the ultimate in luxury and privacy combined with breath-taking scenery. Not only is the accommodation classically beautiful, but you’re also exposed to uninterrupted views of the surrounding rock faces where eagles soar.
Eagles Crag Lodge comprises suites fashioned of glass and stone and is nestled in a valley and provides the ultimate luxury for the most discerning of travellers.
Shamwari Private Game Reserve is situated in the Eastern Cape of South Africa, offers visitors 25 000 hectares of wildlife and birdlife rich reserve to explore.
Shamwari Private Game Reserve is home to Africa's Big 5 (elephant, rhino, buffalo, lion and leopard), is malaria-free and is situated in the Eastern Cape of South Africa. Shamwari has received numerous international awards, including the World's Leading Conservation Company and Game Reserve for many consecutive years.
Large numbers of ungulates sustain a healthy population of lion, cheetah and the elusive leopard. Grasslands are home to white rhino, and the subtropical thicket provides browsing for elephant and black rhino. Hippo is found in the riverine habitat. The reintroduced red-billed ox-pecker is a common site on buffalo, rhino and giraffe.
Each of the nine junior suites has been built to maximise the privacy of the guest in the most tranquil of settings. The en-suite suites boast a private deck with heated plunge pool, as well as, indoor and outdoor showers. Decorated in light and contemporary colours, with wall-to-wall glass doors on two sides, these suites provide stunning views of the surrounding cliffs.
The lodge boasts an authentic African Experience, secretly hidden in a gorge, filled with temperate forest vegetation and looking out onto a cliff-face and riverbed.
- Lounge featuring a fireplace and big-screen television
- Upstairs lounge with fireplace opening onto the terrace
- Relaxation Retreat with two therapy rooms, hydro bath, steam room and sauna
- Gift Boutique
There are various dining venue options to enjoy the exquisite cuisine served at Eagles Crag. There is the upper floor dining room, the expansive balconies with stunning views of the cliff and of course an outdoor boma under the stars around the fire.
A selection of Cuban cigars is on offer from the humidor.
- Spa with 2 Treatment Rooms, Hydro Bath, Sauna and Steam Bath
- Gift Boutique
- Dining Room on the upper level with fireplace and fold-away glass walls
- Outdoor dinners in the boma
- Bar/Cigar Lounge featuring a fireplace & big screen television with glass fold-away walls leading out onto the deck
- Large lounge with fireplace and large outdoor deck upstairs
- A Birders paradise with beautiful views from the decks
- Personal ranger service - only six passengers per vehicle
Activities available at Shamwari Eagles Crag Lodge include;
- Two game drives per day (morning and evening)
- Birding Safaris
- The Wildlife Rehabilitation Centre
- The Born Free Big Cat Sanctuaries
- Spa treatments
- Pro photo safari option
Shamwari spa treatments are the ideal way to unwind; each treatment can be tailored for either men or women.
- Eagles Crag Lodge; 2 treatments rooms, a hydrobath, sauna and steam bath
- Lobengula Lodge; 1 treatment rooms and sauna
- Long Lee Manor; 3 treatment rooms and gym
- Bayethe Tented Lodge; Private, twin treatment rooms
A variety of treatments are available including (should you require we can forward a full Spa Menu upon enquiry)
- Hand and foot rituals
- Private plunge pools
- Being in the Shamwari
- Cuban cigars
- Birders paradise
- Staff and guides
- 3 Meals per day
- 2 Game Drives per day
- Local Beverages
- Tea, Coffees and Water
- Guided Walks
- Tourism levy and VAT
- Visits to Educational Centres
- French Champagne and Premium Brands
- Relaxation Retreats
- Items of a personal nature
- Conservation Levy