Rates from R7 368.00 pp
- Per person per night sharing (pp)
- Rates are in South African Rands
- *Rates may vary according to season
- Lodge type; Luxury Safari Lodge
- Location; Shamwari Reserve
- Lodge size; 9 Luxury Rooms
- Recommended stay; 2-5 nights
The premier lodge, Eagles Crag, offers guests the ultimate in luxury and privacy combined with breath-taking scenery. Not only is the accommodation classically beautiful, but you’re also exposed to uninterrupted views of the surrounding rock faces where eagles soar.
Eagles Crag Lodge comprises suites fashioned of glass and stone and is nestled in a valley and provides the ultimate luxury for the most discerning of travellers.
Shamwari Game Reserve is situated in the Eastern Cape of South Africa, offers visitors 25 000 hectares of wildlife and birdlife rich reserve to explore.
Shamwari South Africa is home to Africa's Big 5 (elephant, rhino, buffalo, lion and leopard), is malaria free and is situated in the Eastern Cape of South Africa. Shamwari has received numerous international awards, including the World's Leading Conservation Company and Game Reserve for many consecutive years.
Large numbers of ungulates sustain a healthy population of lion, cheetah and the elusive leopard. Grasslands are home to white rhino, and the subtropical thicket provides browsing for elephant and black rhino. Hippo is found in the riverine habitat. The reintroduced red-billed ox-pecker is a common site on buffalo, rhino and giraffe.
Each of the nine superior rooms has been built to maximise the privacy of the guest in the most tranquil of settings. The en-suite suites boast a private deck with pool, as well as, indoor and outdoor showers. Decorated in light and contemporary colours, with wall-to-wall glass doors on two sides, these suites provide stunning views of the surrounding cliffs.
The lodge boasts an authentic African Experience, secretly hidden in a gorge, filled with temperate forest vegetation and looking out onto a cliff-face and riverbed.
- Lounge featuring a fireplace and big screen television
- Upstairs lounge with fireplace opening onto terrace
- Relaxation Retreat with two therapy rooms, hydro bath, steam room and sauna
- Gift Boutique
- Library and boardroom, accommodating up to 18 delegates
- Business Centre with Wi-Fi access
There are various dining venue options to enjoy the exquisite cuisine served at Eagles Crag. There is the upper floor dining room, the expansive balconies with stunning views of the cliff, the lower deck and the outdoor boma under the stars around the fire.
The Shamwari wine list is specially selected and includes a choice of 12 red and 12 white South African wines. A further selection of rare and fine wines and imported French champagne is also available.
A selection of Cuban cigars is on offer from the humidor.
- Spa with 2 Treatment Rooms, Hydro Bath, Sauna and Steam Bath
- Gift Boutique
- Library/meeting room
- Dining Room on upper level with fireplace and fold-away glass walls out onto the balcony
- Outdoor dinners in boma or on lower level deck with fold-away glass walls leading out onto the balcony
- Bar/Cigar Lounge featuring a fireplace & big screen television with glass fold-away walls leading out onto the deck
- Large lounge with fireplace and large outdoor deck upstairs
- A Birders paradise with beautiful views from the decks
- Personal ranger service - only 6 passengers per vehicle
Activities available at Shamwari Eagles Crag Lodge include;
- Two game drives per day (morning and evening)
- Birding Safaris
- The Ian Player Rhino Awareness centre
- The Wildlife Rehabilitation Centre
- The Born Free Big Cat Sanctuaries
- Spa treatments
- Pro photo safari option
- Kids on Safari programme
Shamwari spa treatments are the ideal way to unwind; each treatment can be tailored for either men or women. Yoga therapy is also an option.
- Eagles Crag Lodge; 2 treatments rooms, a hydro bath, sauna and steam bath
- Lobengula Lodge; 2 treatment rooms and sauna
- Long Lee Manor; 2 treatment rooms, steam room and gym
- Bayethe Tented Lodge; Private, twin treatment rooms
A variety of treatments are available including (should you require we can forward a full Spa Menu upon enquiry)
- Hand and foot rituals
- Private plunge pools
- Being in the Shamwari
- Cuban cigars
- Birders paradise
- Staff and guides
- 3 Meals per day
- 2 Game Drives per day
- Local Beverages on Game Drive
- Tea, Coffees and Water
- Guided Walks
- Tourism levy and VAT
- Visits to Educational Centres
- Relaxation Retreats
- Items of a personal nature