Rates from R33 000.00 pl
- Per Lodge per night sharing (pl)
- Rates apply to groups of up to 10 people
- Sole use basis
- Rates are in South African Rands
- *Rates may vary according to season
- Lodge type; Safari Lodge
- Location; Kariega Reserve
- Lodge size; 7 rooms
- Recommended stay; 2-5 nights
The Kariega Homestead is a private lodge which offers its guests all the comfort, convenience and luxury of their own home. With a dedicated game ranger and chef, guests have the flexibility to plan their day according to their own specific needs.
An ideal accommodation destination for small groups of families or friends as Homestead is booked on a "sole use" basis.
10 000 hectares, "Big 5" and "Malaria Free", this is the Kariega Game Reserve. Located in the Eastern Cape, Kariega's landscape and topography are arguably the most beautiful of all the Eastern Cape game reserves, resulting in stunning views and vistas not forgetting the fantastic wildlife and birdlife on show.
Guests can expect to be enthralled with the sightings of lion, elephant, rhino, buffalo, leopard, hippo, hyena, giraffe, zebra, eland, kudu, wildebeest, waterbuck and a variety of antelope, as well as a myriad of bird species, including nesting fish, martial and crowned eagles.
The Homestead is set in a remote and private part of the reserve. With five spacious bedrooms, all en-suite, a bar, swimming pool, satellite TV, playroom for children and spectacular views, it is the perfect lodge for the sole use of a group or family of up to 10 persons.
- 7 spacious and comfortable bedrooms.
- Overhead fans.
- En-suite bathrooms with generous showers.
- King-size beds (can be made up as twin beds).
Kariega Homestead has been expertly integrated with the surrounding bush to create a natural environment where the guests can enjoy traditional meals in the restaurant or boma, a drink at the bar or a quiet a swim in the pool.
- Pub lounge with satellite TV and fireplace
- Main kitchen
- Presentation kitchen
- Dining room and Lounge with fireplace
- Outdoor boma
- Outdoor patio
- Swimming pool
- Playroom for children
- Laundry Room
- Internet connectivity
- Morning and evening game drives
- River cruises
- Guided safari walks
- Canoeing on the Kariega or Bushmans Rivers
Kariega Homestead is as child and family friendly as one could hope for.
The Wellness Centre at Kariega Private Game Reserve is the perfect place to rest, relax and rejuvenate body, mind and soul. Treat yourself to the luxury and pampering you deserve in beautiful, tranquil surroundings and indulge in our range of treatments and therapies, including various relaxing or energizing massages, facials and the like.
Situated at Main Lodge, the Wellness Centre is also ideally positioned to service guests from Ukhozi Lodge and The Homestead. The centre comprises two treatment rooms and a gym.
- Game Drives
- Safari Walks
- Kariega Health Spa
- River cruises
- Mountain Biking
- Game drives twice daily scheduled at guests leisure
- All meals and selected beverages planned and scheduled at guests leisure
- River cruise and guided bush walks
- Private hosts, game ranger and cook
- Non-select beverages
- Additional activities
- Items of a personal nature