- Includes/ Excludes
- Enquire Now
Namibia North Self Drive Safari
- Safari Information
- - Departure; Scheduled and tailor-made departure dates
- - Duration; 11 Days / 10 Nights
- - Lodging; Accommodated
- - Group Size; Minimum 1
- - Note: Travel insurance is compulsory for all safaris
- Arrival at Hosea Kutako (Windhoek International) airport, where you will receive your rental vehicle.
- After check-in at the accommodation establishment, you will be taken on a city tour.
- Some of the sights you will see on your tour are the Ride Memorial, the Old Fort, the Parliament Building (also known as the "Ink Place"), the Lutheran Church, the Railway Station and many more.
- Overnight stay at Olive Grove Guesthouse - bed and breakfast.
Day 2: Swakopmund
- Departing Windhoek, travel via the Gamsbergpass to the coastal town of Swakopmund.
- This quaint desert town with its old-world charm and relaxed atmosphere hedged by desert and sea is enhanced by lush green lawns and palm trees.
- Overnight at Hansa Hotel on bed and breakfast basis.
Days 3 - 4: Swakopmund
- Two days are spent in Swakopmund.
- The sweep of the coastline and desert hinterland offers many options for adventure and relaxation.
- Two overnight stays at Beach Lodge on a bed and breakfast basis.
Day 5: Damaraland
- Departure from Swakopmund along the Atlantic Coast towards the North.
- Visit the lichen fields near Wlotzka's Baken before continuing to Henties Bay, a small holiday resort.
- Onwards to the seal colony at Cape Cross.
- After visiting the seals, the journey continues via Ugabmund to the southern Skeleton Coast Park to inspect a shipwreck.
- You leave the Skeleton Coast Park in the early afternoon via Springbokwasser and can experience the harsh transition from the Namib Desert to the Damaraland highlands with its impressive landscape and ragged valleys.
- Overnight stay at Palmwag Lodge on dinner, bed and breakfast basis.
Day 6: Damaraland
- The day is spent at leisure.
- You can enjoy optional outings with the specialist guides of the Lodge.
- Take part in an Ovahimba Excursion, enjoy a tour in open 4 x 4 game-viewing vehicles into the concession area of the lodge, search for desert elephants in the Hoanib River or physically track amongst a wide variety of game - the mighty desert elephant and the threatened black rhino by 4x4 vehicle.
- Overnight at Palmwag Lodge on dinner, bed and breakfast basis.
Day 7: Etosha National Park region
- Leaving Palmwag Lodge, take a detour to visit the Petrified Forest, or travel directly via the Grootberg Pass to Kamanjab and further on the tarred road to the Etosha National Park.
- Afternoon arrival at the Ongava Lodge.
- Ongava Game Lodge is situated along the southern border of the Etosha National Park in the privately owned Ongava Game Reserve.
- Discover the mysteries of the African bush in Etosha National Park and in the private reserve of the lodge.
- Your game ranger takes pleasure in trying to show you the diversity of Namibia's fauna.
- Relax on the verandah of you room and delight in the comings and goings of a variety of game at the floodlit waterhole.
- Overnight stay in at Ongava Lodge - full board plus activities.
Day 8: Etosha National Park region
- You travel east through Etosha past Fort Namuton to the Mushara Lodge, where you spend one night.
- En route, stop at the numerous perennial springs found along the edge of the salt pan in search of Lion, Leopard, Elephant and Black Rhino.
- Overnight stay at Mushara Lodge on dinner, bed and breakfast basis.
Day 9: Africat Foundation
- After breakfast you travel via Tsumeb to the "Hoba Meteorite".
- En route visit the Otjikoto Lake and the mine museum of Tsumeb.
- Continue to the Okonjima Lodge, home of the Africat Foundation, a non-profit organization dedicated to the conservation and protection of Namibian wild cats, in particular leopard and cheetah.
- Enjoy the opportunity to admire and photograph these predators.
- Overnight stay at the Okonjima Bush Camp on full board including activities basis.
Day 10: Windhoek
- Return journey via Okahandja to Windhoek.
- Okahandja is an important centre for woodcarvers from the north.
- They practice their ancient skills at the Woodcarvers Market next to the main road.
- This is a good place to pick a last souvenir.
- Arrival in Windhoek with check in at the Olive Grove.
- Overnight at the Olive Grove Guesthouse - bed and breakfast.
Day 11: Windhoek, Safari Ends
- Depending on the departure time of your flight, you will have time for some last minute shopping before driving to the Windhoek International Airport in time to drop off the rental keys, take care of all formalities before check-in on your outbound flight.
- Bid farewell to Namibia!
- Rates on Request, budget dependant
- Per person sharing
- Rates are in Namibian Dollars
- *Rates may vary according to season
- Flights (return);
- UK - NAM; from £ 800
- USA - NAM; from $ 1700
- EUR - NAM; from € 1100
- Subject to availability & T&C's
- Safari Includes
- - All services as mentioned above
- Safari Excludes
- - All scheduled flights and reservations thereof
- - Additional meals and activities
- - Vehicle rental and petrol
- - All entry- and permit fees