Ongava Lodge Highlights
- Game drives in Etosha National Park and Ongava Game Reserve
- Guided nature walks (white rhino can be tracked on foot)
- Half and full day excursions into Etosha National Park (subject to availability of vehicles)
- Private vehicles can be booked at an extra cost, subject to availability
- Photography, mammal viewing at the hide near the camp
Ongava Lodge Information
- Lodge type; Safari Lodge
- Location; Etosha National Park Surrounds
- Lodge size; 14 safari tents
- Recommended stay; 3-7 nights
Ongava Lodge is situated on one of the largest private game reserves in Namibia - Ongava Game Reserve, which covers over 125 square miles, yet great pride is taken to keep the experience 'small and personal.'
Ongava Game Reserve takes only a limited number of visitors at any one time, to provide a level of service and a safari experience that is unmatched.
The friendly, sociable atmosphere at Ongava Lodge is complemented by a level of luxury found in first-class hotels. The chalets, lodge and public areas are all decorated to the highest standards using indigenous furniture, materials, and colours.
Rooms and Suites
Ongava Lodge offers luxury accommodation in 14 en-suite units (13 twin bed chalets, 1 family chalet) made of rock and thatch.
- All rooms offer
- En-suite with double basins
- Indoor and outdoor showers
- Private viewing deck
- Air conditioning and overhead fans
- Mosquito nets
- 220V power
Cuisine and Wine
The dining area is under thatch with wonderful views across the plains and floodlit waterhole below.
Outdoor dining under the stars, whilst viewing game drinking at the waterhole is something never to be forgotten.
There are impressive views from the main lounge, bar and dining areas, as they are situated close to the top of a hill, part of the foothills of the unpronounceable Ondundozonanandana Range.
The Lodge also has an inviting pool to cool off in the heat of the day.
Activities at this Etosha Game Lodge include game drives in open 4x4 vehicles into the Okaukuejo area of Etosha where lion, elephant (seasonal), gemsbok, springbok, black rhino, greater kudu and red hartebeest can be seen at numerous waterholes and fringing habitats. Apex predators like leopard, cheetah and spotted hyaena also occur in this area.
In addition, bird hides and walking safaris with guides are enjoyed on the private reserve. Ongava has resident white and black rhino - one of the few private reserves in southern Africa - allowing guests staying at Ongava the unique opportunity to see both of these charismatic species. For those who enjoy close wildlife encounters, tracking white rhino on foot with a guide is a highlight not to be missed.
Rates from NAD$ 9 405.00 pp
Per person per night sharing
Rates are in Namibian Dollars (NAD)
*Rates may vary according to season
- All meals
- Twice daily scheduled camp activities
- Park fees
- VAT, Tourism and Environmental Levy
- Local drinks
- Premium imported brands and champagne
- Additional activities
- Flights (local and international)
- Items of a personal nature
- Spa treatments
- Travel Insurance