- Lodge type; Safari Houseboat
- Location; Chobe River
- Lodge size; 14 cabins
- Recommended stay; 3-day cruise
- Luxury boat located the Chobe River
- Excellent game viewing
- High levels of service
- Small plunge pool
- Game drives
Three decks and 45 metres long, the Zambezi Queen Houseboat offers a relaxed and special way to explore and photograph the Chobe River far away from all other lodges and hotels. A luxurious escape with high levels of service awaits all.
Enjoying a drink whilst relaxing on the deck as the wildlife and birdlife of the region pass you by, cool off in the plunge pool while watching elephants play in the river. What could be better?
On offer is a two-night cruise or a three-night cruise, we at Uyaphi would suggest the three-night version but this depends on your available time and budget. Either way, the Zambezi Queen is sure to be one of the many highlights of your Botswana Safari.
14 en-suite suites all offer excellent vistas of the river. Each of the standard suites offers a private viewing deck along with comfortable twin or double beds.
Four spacious master suites are also on offer each one with a large private outdoor area complete with sun loungers.
Meals are outstanding with good variety across the board, from a full continental breakfast to afternoon tea (a late lunch) to dinner, one is going to be pleasantly surprised.
Breakfast and afternoon tea are generally served on board the Chobe River Houseboat whilst dinners are alternated between being offered on board or a boma on land.
Local beers and wines are complimentary during activities and at meal times.
A lounge area with a small library can be found on the top deck, it is from here that one can sit/ stand and view the passing wildlife.
The bar is also found on this deck as is the plunge pool and sunbathing area.
- Water-based game viewing on smaller boats.
- Tiger and bream fishing in season.
- Bird watching from smaller boats.
- Star Gazing.
- River Beach.
- Land-based Cultural village tour / Mokoro tour.
Rates from NAD$ 16 170.00 pp
Per person per night sharing
Rates are in Namibian Dollars (NAD)
*Rates may vary according to season
- All meals
- All soft drinks, mineral water, coffee, tea, and local beer & wine throughout your stay
- Water-based game viewing and bird watching on tender boats
- A land-based cultural tour of a local village
- Tiger & bream fishing in season
- Road Transfers to and from Kasane Airport and Kasane Immigration Office located on the Botswana side of the Chobe River
- Boat transfers between Kasane Immigration Office in Botswana and Namibia Immigration Office*
- 15% Namibian VAT
- 1% Namibian Tourism Levy
- Air tickets
- Premium alcoholic beverages
- Additional transfers to and from Zambia/Zimbabwe/Namibia or any of the Kasane Lodges
- A land-based half-day 4×4 game viewing in Botswana’s Chobe National Park
- Curio shop purchases
- Gratuities (at your discretion)
- Visa Fees
- Travel Insurance