Hoanib Valley Camp Highlights
- The incredible Kaokoland
- Desert elephant, giraffe, lion and rhino
- Meet local Herero people
- A truly magical destination
- Game drives
- Nature walking options
Hoanib Valley Camp Information
- Lodge type; Safari Camp
- Location; Kaokoland
- Lodge size; 6 safari tents
- Recommended stay; 2-5 nights
Hoanib Valley Camp, a joint venture between the local communities and the Giraffe Conservation Foundation offers guests an intimate and elegant option when travelling to the area. A camp where one can immerse oneself into the wilds of desert life.
It is situated in the heart of an untouched and pristine wilderness area, one of the largest in Southern Africa. A multitude of desert-adapted wildlife surrounds the camp including free roaming desert lion, elephant, rhino, giraffe, hyena, oryx and mountain zebra.
A typical day consists of tracking rhino, lion, elephant and giraffe either on foot or on a 4x4 safari vehicle ending with sundowners overlooking one of the earth's most spectacular vistas.
An amazing experience awaits all that visit; we would suggest at least a 3-night stay.
Rooms and Suites
Six raised en-suite tented suites blend perfectly into the surrounding environment. Views from the private verandahs are nothing short of spectacular.
Suites are decorated in colours, textures and patterns all inspired by the Hoanib and the surrounding Kaokoland.
- 5x double/ twin suites
- 1x family suite
- Ensuite bathrooms
- Indoor showers
- Private verandah
Cuisine and Wine
Hoanib Valley offers guests both indoor and outdoor dining locations with the emphasis on dining in the open air. The cuisine is a delicious and wholesome affair no matter the time of day all the while being prepared by a skilled chef and his team in the kitchen.
All meals and local drinks are included in the nightly rate.
A camp designed with the surrounds in mind offers very little in terms of facilities other than luxurious accommodation, dining and central guest areas and Wifi. In honesty, one visits Hoanib Valley Camp for the surrounding vistas, wildlife and birdlife.
In our opinion, the camp offers all that is needed in such an environment, the less human impact, the better.
- Game drives; With the opportunity to track and photograph the resident desert-adapted lions, elephants, giraffes rhinos and mountain zebra
- Nature walks; Explore the surrounding desert-scapes and koppies, scenic grandeur in every direction
- Rhino tracking; The area is home to a large population of free-roaming black-rhino
- Cultural experience; Spend a few hours with the local Herero people as the while learning about their fascinating way of life
- Giraffe research; A research project into the genetics of these gentle giants, Dr Fennessy and the GCF have discovered four distinct species of giraffe across Africa
Hoanib Valley Camp welcome families with children of all ages. Only one family suite is available, so please book well in advance.
Rates from NAD$ 8 800.00 pp
Per person per night sharing
Rates are Fully Inclusive (FI)
Rates are in Namibian Dollars (NAD)
*Rates may vary according to season
- All meals
- Locally sourced beverages
- Guest laundry
- Daily activities
- Expert guiding
- Local and international flights
- Premium branded beverages
- Travel insurance
- Items of a personal nature