- Departure; Scheduled and tailor-made departure dates
- Duration; 3 Days / 2 Nights
- Lodging; Log Cabin
- Group Size; Minimum 2
- Note: Travel insurance is compulsory for all safaris
Day 1: Slopes of Mount Kenya
- Departing the pre-arranged meeting point (Nanyuki) by 4x4 safari vehicle, one heads out on a four-hour journey for Rutundu Cabins.
- A bumpy yet scenic road awaits, at Kizito Gorge, a short and easy 15-minute walk to the remote cabin awaits.
- Rutundu log cabin is fully stocked with food and drinks; staff will orientate you about the cabin, walking trails and lakes, and then leave you to explore your corner of Mt Kenya at your own pace.
- A cook is available to rustle up into delicious meals for you.
- The area is remote, no phone signal or WiFi is available at all.
- Meals: Dinner
- Accommodation: Rutundu Retreat
Day 2: Slopes of Mount Kenya
- Today is all about exploring all that surrounds Rutundu, one of Kenya's best-kept secrets.
- Guided or unguided walking trails to suit most levels of fitness are on offer, from short walks to more strenuous hikes up to Lake Alice.
- Fishing and bird watching are also available when staying here.
- Great fishing is available at various spots nearby: Lake Rutundu, Lake Alice, or in the Kizito River Gorge.
- The rainbow trout in the lakes range from 2 – 6lbs.
- Mealtimes are set by you.
- Meals: Full Board
- Accommodation: Rutundu Retreat
Day 3: Rutundu Retreat Safari Ends
- After breakfast, return to Nanyuki along the same scenic yet bumpy dirt road for your onward connection.
- Meals: Breakfast
From US$ 2 352.00 pp
The Above Rates should be used as a guideline only.
- All rates are subject to availability
- Rates may vary according to season
- Lodging may change depending on your budget
- All rates may change without notice
- Single supplement may apply
- Accommodation as per itinerary
- Meals as per itinerary
- Activities as per itinerary
- House drinks
- Mt Kenya park fees
- Transfers starting and ending Nanyuki in 4x4 vehicle
- Local and international flights
- Fish rod hire
- Optional activities
- Items of a personal nature
- Travel insurance
The Best Tented Safari Camps In KenyaOur list of the top 10 tented camps across Kenya across most budget ranges. We have compiled a list of some amazing accommodation options in Kenya, including Masai Mara, Laikipia Plateau and Amboseli National Park. Home to some of the best wildlife and nature reserves in the world!
Kenya: Top Holiday Destinations for 2022Kenya is one of the most beautiful destinations in Africa. It has some of the best landscapes and wildlife that make it a perfect destination for people who are looking for an exciting holiday. Here are a few of the top destinations for 2022 that you should not miss when visiting Kenya.
10 Best Lodges in Kenya to Visit in 202210 Best Lodges in Kenya to Visit in 2022, all establishments offer unforgettable experiences and are found in the Masai Mara, Samburu, Meru, Tsavo, Amboseli, and Nairobi. From the famed Masai Mara to the slopes of Mount Kenya, here are ten of the best lodges in Kenya for an unforgettable safari experience.
Kenya safari ambassador tributeIn memoriam Honey; Honey was famous for jumping into vehicles to obtain a better view of her idyllic world - the Masai Mara Game Reserve. This special cheetah was killed on the 17th of February 2007 in full view of her three remaining cubs.
Impressions Of KenyaKenya’s wildlife remains at the heart of its attractions, yet there is much more to discover in this fascinating country outside the game reserves. You can climb the slopes of Mount Kenya to find tropical ice on the Equator, or explore the coral reefs of the Mombasa coast.
Explore The Masai Mara By BalloonIt was one of those rare moments where you take in the majesty of nature in complete silence, disturbing nothing, saying nothing. In Kenya last month, I had the great pleasure of a balloon safari over the Masai Mara organised by the excellent and highly professional Governors Company.
Giraffe Manor ReviewLocated in the southern suburbs of Nairobi is an English manor house. When it was built, the country was unclaimed bush rampant with African wildlife. The home of Karen Blixen is nearby who posthumously lends her name to this suburb, Karen.
Hells Gate KenyaI had visions of being trampled by buffalo, stalked by lions, or, given the extreme humidity and daytime temperatures, falling prey to one of the thousands of vultures who call Hell's Gate National Park their home. But our guide assured me that it would be fun.