- Departure; Scheduled and tailor-made departure dates
- Duration; 8 Days / 7 Nights
- Lodging; Luxury Lodges
- Group Size; Minimum 2
- Note: Travel insurance is compulsory for all safaris
Day 1: Nairobi
- On arrival at Jomo Kenyatta International Airport we are transferred by road to our home for the night; the Eka Hotel.
- The rest of the day is at our leisure, partake in a day or evening tour to one of the many attractions that are within easy reach of the hotel.
- Meals: Bed and breakfast
- Accommodation: Eka Hotel
- Room Type: Superior Room
Days 2-4: Chyulu Hills National Park
- Breakfast is followed by a short transfer to Wilson Airport for our flight to the Chyulu Hills region of Kenya.
- ol Donyo Lodge is our home for the next three nights offers up a unique experience for all that visit.
- ol Donyo Lodge in the 275 000 acre Maasai-owned Mbirikani Ranch offers riders more than enough space to experience all that is to ride amongst Africa's wildlife.
- Guests with little or no prior horseriding experience are catered for as well as riders that are in the intermediate and advanced.
- Morning rides go out from around 07h00 and can be up to 4 hours in length while afternoon rides go out at 16h30 and are +- 90 minutes in duration.
- Longer rides can be organised in advance.
- Meals: Fully Inclusive
- Accommodation: ol Donyo Lodge
- Room Type: Standard Pool Suite
Days 5-7: Maasai Mara Reserve
- Departing the Chyulu Hills region by private air charter, we head for our next destination, the Masaai Mara and the magical Mara Plains Camp.
- Mara Plains Camp, our home for the next three nights, is situated in the Olare Motorogi Conservancy on the northern boundary of the Maasai Mara National Reserve.
- Plains Camp combines the finest wildlife viewing with outstanding hospitality and guiding all wrapped up in utmost luxury.
- Safari activities include games drives within the Maasai Mara Reserve, Olare Motorogi and Mara North Conservancies.
- Hot air balloon and horseback safari options are available as optional activities and need to be pre-booked.
- Wildlife highlights include large prides of lions, hyena, elephants, giraffes, gazelles and eland to mention only but a few (birdlife is equally impressive - 300 species).
- Meals: Fully Inclusive
- Accommodation: Mara Plains Camp
- Room Type: Luxury Tent
Day 8: Experience Kenya 0n Horseback Ends
- Our last safari experience and breakfast in the Masai Mara is followed by a flight back to Nairobi and our onward connections.
- Meals: Breakfast
From US$ 6 183.00 pp
The Above Rates should be used as a guideline only.
- All rates are subject to availability
- Rates may vary according to season
- Lodging may change depending on your budget
- All rates may change without notice
- Single supplement may apply
- Accommodation as per itinerary
- Meals as per itinerary
- Activities as per itinerary
- Private air charts as per itinerary
- Selected drinks (except Nairobi)
- Included activities as per lodge
- International flights
- Premium brand spirits and champagne
- Optional safari activities
- Items of a personal nature
- Travel insurance
The Best Tented Safari Camps In KenyaOur list of the top 10 tented camps across Kenya across most budget ranges. We have compiled a list of some amazing accommodation options in Kenya, including Masai Mara, Laikipia Plateau and Amboseli National Park. Home to some of the best wildlife and nature reserves in the world!
Kenya: Top Holiday Destinations for 2022Kenya is one of the most beautiful destinations in Africa. It has some of the best landscapes and wildlife that make it a perfect destination for people who are looking for an exciting holiday. Here are a few of the top destinations for 2022 that you should not miss when visiting Kenya.
10 Best Lodges in Kenya to Visit in 202210 Best Lodges in Kenya to Visit in 2022, all establishments offer unforgettable experiences and are found in the Masai Mara, Samburu, Meru, Tsavo, Amboseli, and Nairobi. From the famed Masai Mara to the slopes of Mount Kenya, here are ten of the best lodges in Kenya for an unforgettable safari experience.
Kenya safari ambassador tributeIn memoriam Honey; Honey was famous for jumping into vehicles to obtain a better view of her idyllic world - the Masai Mara Game Reserve. This special cheetah was killed on the 17th of February 2007 in full view of her three remaining cubs.
Impressions Of KenyaKenya’s wildlife remains at the heart of its attractions, yet there is much more to discover in this fascinating country outside the game reserves. You can climb the slopes of Mount Kenya to find tropical ice on the Equator, or explore the coral reefs of the Mombasa coast.
Explore The Masai Mara By BalloonIt was one of those rare moments where you take in the majesty of nature in complete silence, disturbing nothing, saying nothing. In Kenya last month, I had the great pleasure of a balloon safari over the Masai Mara organised by the excellent and highly professional Governors Company.
Giraffe Manor ReviewLocated in the southern suburbs of Nairobi is an English manor house. When it was built, the country was unclaimed bush rampant with African wildlife. The home of Karen Blixen is nearby who posthumously lends her name to this suburb, Karen.
Hells Gate KenyaI had visions of being trampled by buffalo, stalked by lions, or, given the extreme humidity and daytime temperatures, falling prey to one of the thousands of vultures who call Hell's Gate National Park their home. But our guide assured me that it would be fun.