- Game drives
- Night Game Drives
- Guided Bush Walks
- Bush Meals
- Cultural Visits
- Lodge type; Safari Camp
- Location; Northern Masai Mara
- Lodge size; 8 luxury tents
- Recommended stay; 3-7 nights
Saruni Tented Camp (Campi ya Tembo) is located in a wild, scenic valley rich both in wildlife and privacy, where no other vehicles are ever met. Masai Mara Wilderness Camp is a design camp with oriental-looking tents.
Saruni's secret valley has a large resident population of elephant, giraffe, zebra, buffalo and impala. Ideal for walking, for birdwatching and for observing wild animals that are still not used to the human presence, the camp will provide guests with a unique experience: the Masai Mara off the beaten tracks.
The location is a piece of pristine, old Africa, still totally untouched by modern development: thousands of acres where there are no roads, no villages, no humans. Wildlife is abundant, but not habituated to contact with vehicles.
Saruni Tented Camp has three luxury camps, with all the comforts- flush toilets, hot and cold water, large showers. Each tent is elegantly styled, with large verandah with uninterrupted views over the Yaile mountains of Northern Masai Mara and a big bonfire where the Masai warriors come and dance at night.
One of the few true Masai Mara tented camps available.
Excellent cuisine is provided, with a strong Italian flavour. The chefs love to experiment with the great ingredients that are found in Kenya, especially fish and vegetables.
This is true Africa and the trained guides will provide a thrilling, adventurous but comfortable experience. You will track wild animals and learn bush skills. Walks are individually tailored and are set in a breathtaking valley, forests, springs and mountains.
Saruni Tented Camp is an ideal base for those who are interested in watching, tracking and studying elephants.
An activity offered at Saruni is night game drives: all the nocturnal species are abundant around the camp, from leopard to greater galago, from genet to white tailed mongoose. Weather conditions are ideal all year round: it's never too hot.
Children under the age of 5 stay free of charge when sharing with parents/adults.
In collaboration with Grand Hotel des Iles Borromees (Stresa, Italy) and its world-famous spa - Centro Benessere Stresa, Saruni runs the Maasai Wellbeing Space at Saruni Mara. It is a unique feature in the Masai Mara: in the most serene and relaxing environment, our guests enjoy massage and wellness treatments under the supervision of highly-trained local staff.
Rates on Request
Rates form part of Kenya Safari itinerary
Per person per night sharing
Rates are in US Dollar
*Rates may vary according to season
- Full board accommodation & limited laundry service
- Soft drinks, house wines, beers & select non-luxury spirits
- Shared day & night game drives in 4x4 vehicles and guided bush walks
- Bush meals, sundowner & picnic excursions
- One complimentary Back & Neck massage (30 min.) per room per stay
- VAT & taxes
- Conservation fees
- Exclusive use of vehicle
- Premium drinks (champagne, luxury spirits and special wines)
- Additional Wellbeing Space treatments
- Gratuities to staff & guides and anything of a personal nature
- Temporary flying Doctors cover
- Entry fees to cultural visits
- Any payable extra activities
- All statutory increases beyond our control