- Departure; Scheduled and tailor-made departure dates
- Duration; 4 Days / 3 Nights
- Lodging; Camping/ Hotel
- Group Size; Minimum 1
- Note: Travel insurance is compulsory for all safaris
Day 1: Sankober
- Departing in the early from Gondar (leaving 7am at the very latest)we drive in the direction of Sankober.
- Stopping along the way for quick breaks, at Debark we disembark and sort out all the relevant park fees and permits.
- Dropping everyone off near the town of Buyit Ras, a 3 to 4 hour hike to Sankober waits - With spectacular views we pass close to the escarpment edge before nearing Sankober.
- It is at Sankober where one is presented with beautiful views on both sides of the escarpment ridge (It is here that one is likely see the endemic Gelada baboons).
- Overnight camping in Sankober.
Day 2: Jinbar River Waterfalls
- Departing Sankober we head off in a rather large valley, through which the Wazla River runs (although the river is often dry).
- Scaling the opposite side of the valley we are offered views of the Jinbar River waterfalls falling into the Geech Abyss.
- Continuing from here we cross the Jinbar River and ascend into the village of Geech.
- Total trekking time: 4-5 hours.
Day 3: Chenek
- A early morning breakfast and we are off again.
- This time we head in the direction of the peak of Imet Gogo at 3926m above sea level.
- From Imet Gogo one is presented with some of the most spectacular views over the Ethiopian Lowlands (with out question, one of the highlights of this safari).
- We continue onto Chenek passing the Korbete Metia (a solid rock wall which opens up exposing beautiful views over the lowlands and the escarpment).
- It is here at Korbete Metia that is out best chance of spotting lammergeyers.
- Overnight camping in Chenek.
- Total trekking time: 7 – 9 hours.
Day 4: Safari Ends
- From Chenek, we travel in a easterly direction through a valley and onto Bwahit Peak (overlooking the camp from where you just came).
- After the visit, return to camp and depart for Gondar for overnight (hotel).
From US$ 605.00 pp sharing
The Above Rates should be used as a guideline only.
- Rates are based on four people per safari
- All rates are subject to availability
- Rates may vary according to season
- Lodging may change depending on your budget
- All rates may change without notice
- Single supplement may apply
- Transportation between the Simien Mountains and Gondar (return)
- English-speaking guide
- Entrance fees to Simien Mountains National Park
- Armed scouts, mules and mule handlers
- All food and water while camping
- All cooking and camping materials, including cooking tent, tables and chairs
- Cook to prepare food for entire expedition team
- Accommodation and/or services in Gondar
- Alcoholic beverages
- Camera and/or photo fees
- Items of a personal nature