- Departure; Scheduled and tailor-made departure dates
- Duration; 3 Days / 2 Nights
- Lodging; Lodges
- Group Size; Minimum 1
- Note: Travel insurance is compulsory for all safaris
Day 1: Walled city of Harar
- Early morning, transfer to airport for flight to Dire Dawa (08:00).
- In Dire Dawa, you will be met at the airport and will transfer to Harar.
- From Harar, take a drive to Babile and the Valley of Marvels.
- The Valley of Marvels has wonderful landscapes, famous for its balancing rock formations.
- Additionally, the town of Babile has a very large market on Saturdays and a camel market on Mondays and Thursdays.
- After the visit, time permitting you may visit Koremi, a village made of stone houses set on top of a plateau.
- Return to Harar for overnight at Heritage Plaza Hotel/Ras Hotel/Rewda Guesthouse.
Day 2: Walled city of Harar
- Today is a full day discovering the treasures hidden in the narrow alleyways of the walled city of Harar, with its colorful markets, countless mosques and shrines and unique Harari people and homes.
- Sites to visit include: the House of Rimbaud, Ras Tafari’s House, Ras Mekonnen’s Palace, the Harari National Cultural Center, and the tomb of Emir Nur, who built the famous Jugol, as the wall is known locally.
- At night you will visit the hyena man, who feeds the hyenas every night just outside the walls of the city.
- This tradition was started long ago to prevent these wild hyenas from hunting for food in the town.
- Guests are welcome, and encouraged to feed the hyenas themselves.
- Overnight in Harar at Heritage Plaza Hotel/Ras Hotel/Rewda Guesthouse.
Day 3: Safari Ends
- In the morning, visit the last places of interest in Harar.
- After lunch, depart to Dire Dawa.
- You will have a brief visit to the lively market at Kefira before transferring to the airport for return flight to Addis Ababa (17:00).
From US$ 170.00 pp sharing
The Above Rates should be used as a guideline only.
- Rates are based on four people per safari
- Domestic flights: From US$ 363.00 per person
- All rates are subject to availability
- Rates may vary according to season
- Lodging may change depending on your budget
- All rates may change without notice
- Single supplement may apply
- Domestic airfare as listed above (quoted separately below)
- Private ground transportation (including all airport transfers), inclusive of fuel and insurance
- Hotel accommodation as listed above (or similar quality, based on availability), double or twin share including breakfast
- Entrance fees to all locations including local guide service and boat trip on Lake Tana
- All relevant taxes
- Accommodation and activities in Addis Ababa (quoted separately)
- Lunch, dinner and beverages, including all alcoholic beverages
- Camera and/or photo fees
- Tips for driver, guides, etc (at your discretion)
- Items of a personal nature