- Departure; Scheduled and tailor-made departure dates
- Duration; 7 Day Botswana Safari
- Lodging; Fully Serviced Camping Safari
- Group Size; Maximum 9
- Note: Travel insurance is compulsory for all safaris
Botswana Delta And Moremi Safari: An Unforgettable Luxury Mobile Safari Experience
Look no further than the Botswana Delta and Moremi if you're looking for an unforgettable safari experience. This 7-day luxury mobile safari takes in wild camping in two of Botswana's most renowned game-viewing regions, allowing you to explore these areas by boat, mokoro, on foot, and on game drives.
So if you don't have more than a week for a safari, this is the perfect option for you!
Day 1: Okavango Delta
- Arrive at Maun Airport and meet our representative who will be waiting to take you to your accommodation for the night.
- If you want to purchase any personal items, our rep will take you to the mall.
- A short drive takes you to the boat station on the Thamalakane River, which runs through Maun and into the Delta waters.
- Here, you will meet your guide, camp assistant, and chef who will join you on the 3-4 hour boat cruise through the Delta to your first campsite at Xaxaba Island.
- Arrive at Xaxaba in the early evening to a prepared campsite complete with safari tents, washbasins, en-suite canvas bathrooms, and bucket showers.
- Meet your local polers and enjoy the wild environment before a shower, a 3-course dinner, and your first night in the Delta!
- Wild Camping L-D
Day 2: Okavango Delta
- Early wake up with the birds, followed by breakfast with tea and coffee before your local guides take you on a long walk on Chief’s Island.
- Climb into a mokoro and enjoy the short journey across the waters from the campsite to Chief’s Island.
- From here, you take to the famous island on foot for a 3-4 hour guided walking safari.
- Return to camp via mokoro, enjoy a freshly prepared bucket shower and a delicious brunch/ lunch at about 12h00.
- Spend the afternoon at camp for a siesta, reading, or bird watching.
- High tea is served at 15h00, after which you can look forward to an afternoon mokoro cruise through the intricate waterways of the Delta.
- Return to camp at sunset for a scenic sundowner and time spent chatting around the fire until dinner is served.
- Head to bed when you’re ready.
- Wild Camping B-L-D
Day 3: Okavango Delta
- Early wake up, breakfast, tea and coffee, followed by your second walk on Moremi Game Reserve’s Chief’s Island.
- You will travel to the island in a mokoro once again, and enjoy a 3-4 hour walking safari.
- Return to camp and indulge in a warm shower and tasty lunch before relaxing for the afternoon.
- High tea is served, followed by a mokoro cruise to the village of Xaxaba, where you can enjoy a locally guided tour and the opportunity to purchase curios.
- Arrive back at camp for dinner and fireside chatter before turning in for your last night under the Delta stars.
- Wild Camping B-L-D
Day 4: Moremi Game Reserve
- Early wake up followed by breakfast, tea and coffee.
- This morning you leave Xaxaba and head back to Maun on a 3-4 hour boat cruise.
- Upon arrival in Maun, you will have the opportunity to buy any personal items you need and enjoy brunch at a restaurant before departing in a game viewer destined for Moremi Game Reserve.
- Arrive at Moremi’s Maqwee Gate (South Gate) and continue into the reserve to your private BOGA campsite at Xinii.
- After setting up camp, enjoy a short sunset drive to Xinii Lagoon for a game viewing experience to remember.
- Return to a fire lit camp, a 3-course dinner and your first night in Moremi.
- Wild Camping B-L-D
Day 5: Moremi Game Reserve
- Early wake up followed by breakfast, tea and coffee, after which you will depart for a morning game drive lasting 3-4 hours.
- Return to camp for a refreshing shower and lunch before enjoying a quiet afternoon siesta.
- High tea is served at 15h00 and is followed by a game drive until sunset.
- After the game drive, arrive back at camp, enjoy sitting around the fire before indulging in a 3-course dinner, and then your welcoming bed.
- Wild Camping B-L-D
Day 6: Moremi Game Reserve
- Early morning wake up, and breakfast followed up some sunscreen application and preparing for a full day out in the Moremi.
- Your chef prepares you a packed lunch and a cooler box, which is packed into the game viewer alongside the coffee and rusks for that mid-morning stop.
- Depart the camp after breakfast and enjoy a long day on safari, returning in the mid-afternoon for tea and rest before dinner is served under the stars once more.
- Wild Camping B-L-D
Day 7: Botswana Delta and Moremi Ends In Maun
- Early wake up in the Moremi for the last time.
- Enjoy tea, coffee, and breakfast before packing up camp, heading through the reserve to the exit gate, and journeying back to Maun (+-2 hour drive).
- You may opt for a light air transfer from Moremi to Maun at an additional cost.
- Arrive in Maun and be escorted to the airport for some last-minute curio-shopping before saying farewell to Botswana and heading home!
The Botswana Delta and Moremi Safari is the perfect safari for those who want to experience all that Botswana has to offer in a short period of time. This 7-day luxury mobile safari takes you through two of Botswana's most famed game viewing regions, the Okavango Delta and Moremi Game Reserve, giving you ample opportunity to explore these areas by boat, mokoro, on foot, and on game drives.
So if you're looking for an unforgettable safari experience, look no further than the Botswana Delta and Moremi Safari!
Rates from US$ 2 250.00 pp
The Above Rates should be used as a guideline only.
- All rates are subject to availability
- Rates may vary according to season
- Lodging may change depending on your budget
- Vehicle type may change depending on your budget
- All rates may change without notice
- Single supplement may apply
- All meals
- Game viewing activities (game drives, walks, mokoro and boating)
- Community visits
- Teas and coffees
- Park fees and taxes
- All transfers beginning and ending in Maun and between campsites via road and/or boat
- Local drinks (soft drinks, local beer and house wines)
- All items of a personal nature
- Any item not described above
- Airport transfers
- Optional excursions
- Insurance to cover for cancellation and curtailment, medical, baggage, emergency evacuation
- Any increase in National Park Fees
Day Tours In Botswana
The top 10 day tours in Botswana. Experience flights, mokoro and boating excursions over and on the Okavango, game drive safaris in the Moremi and Chobe, boat cruises on the Chobe River and even trips to Victoria Falls and to watch the Kalahari Meerkats.
The perfect day tour options for anyone with a few hours or a day free.
10 Places To Visit In Botswana
10 Places To Visit, our travel experts have shared their favourite destinations and places to visit in the country.
Explore the Okavango Delta, Moremi Game Reserve, and Chobe National Park, to mention a few. Add this stunning wildlife destination to your bucket list for a unique African travel experience!
Best Okavango Delta Safari Holidays
Okavango safaris are suitable for all budgets and interests, and we can tailor-make a trip to suit your needs.
So whether you're looking for an action-packed adventure or a relaxing and romantic getaway, then the Okavango is the perfect choice for those interested in Botswana as the ultimate travel experience.
The Best Exclusive Use Villas In Botswana
If you're looking for the most exclusive, luxurious experience in Botswana, look no further than these top-of-the-line private villas.
World-class cuisine, unparalleled views and locations, and unmatched professional guiding and service will make your stay unforgettable.
Plus, you'll have some of the best game viewing experiences on your doorstep!
Botswana Travel Bucket List
Our Travel Bucket List of destinations and activities that are a little off the cuff when it comes to this amazing country.
Not just your stock standard safari destinations but something a little different that will keep one interested not matter the time of year.
Light Aircraft Flights in Botswana
The world below from above… It's like a woven tapestry of colours, shapes and tones.
For me flying over Botswana and the Okavango Delta in a light aircraft was nothing short of captivating - my head firmly placed against the little windows to try and take it all in.
Mokoro The Okavango Delta
Mokoro safaris are a popular way to explore the wetlands of Botswana's Okavango.
A mokoro is a traditional dugout canoe, and passengers can enjoy a peaceful ride through the waterways while taking in the sights and sounds of this beautiful area.
If you are looking for a unique way to experience the Okavango, a mokoro trail or adventure is worth considering. This traditional form of transport is both eco-friendly and tranquil.
Uyaphi.Com Leads In Botswana
The award was presented by Karibu Safari Botswana in their international sales incentive competition for the year's best individual salesperson based on the number of confirmed bookings, pax travelling and the total value of sales.