- Departure; Scheduled and tailor-made departure dates
- Duration; 15 Day Botswana Safari
- Lodging; Semi Participation Camping Safari
- Group Size; Maximum 12
- Note: Travel insurance is compulsory for all safaris
Explore the Magic of Nxai Pan, Okavango Delta, Moremi Game Reserve and Chobe River on this Camping Safari!
This fantastic adventure safari takes you through Botswana's most beautiful wilderness areas! You'll get to explore the magic of Nxai Pan, the unique beauty of the Okavango Delta and Moremi Game Reserve, and the famous Chobe River. It's the perfect trip for those looking for unbeatable value and adventure. So what are you waiting for? Start planning your camping safari today!
Day 1: Kasane
- The safari officially begins in Kasane, Botswana, at 13h00.
- On arrival in Kasane, your guide will give you a full safari briefing and take you shopping for your safari drinks.
- The first highlight of your safari will be a sunset boat cruise on the Chobe River.
- Camping will be in Kasane at a public campsite with permanent ablutions.
- Camping L-D
Days 2-3: Nxai Pan National Park
- Rising with the sun, our route takes us 500 kilometres south to Nxai Pan National Park where sweet grasses host a variety of wildlife.
- We will stop en route for a picnic lunch and enjoy an afternoon game drive in the park before getting to our campsite.
- The next day we explore Nxai Pan and enjoy the plains often dotted with grazing herds of impala and springbok.
- In the afternoon you will visit the magnificent Baines Baobabs.
- These regal trees, immortalised by the explorer Thomas Baines' maginifent Baobab painting, are situated on the edge of an expansive salt pan.
- Camping will be at a private designated campsite with bush ablutions.
- Wild Camping B-L-D
Day 4: Maun
- After enjoying a morning game drive, we leave Nxai Pan and continue our safari to Maun - the gateway to the Okavango Delta.
- In the afternoon, we have the option of taking a scenic flight over the Delta (45 min. Maun to Maun scenic flight, at own expense).
- This magical experience provides another perspective of the Okavango Delta’s distinctive water system.
- During the flight, it is even possible to spot large game animals such as Elephant, Giraffe and Hippopotamus.
- We camp overnight at a site with permanent ablution facilities.
- Camping B-L-D
Days 5-7: Okavango Delta
- Our adventure takes us to the southern tip of the Okavango Delta, a special corner of paradise.
- Once we reach the edge of the Delta, we are met by our polers from the local community with their Mokoros (traditional dugout canoes).
- Quietly cruising along reed-lined channels and floodplains, we get to enjoy the spectacular landscape of this unique region during the tranquil transfer taking us deeper into the Delta.
- We spend two days exploring this beautiful area with mokoro excursions, and guided nature walks on the islands and floodplains of the Okavango, camping wild with bush ablutions on a small island for two nights.
- On day 7, we start making your way towards the drier regions of the delta and camp in a concession outside the Moremi Game Reserve.
- Wild Camping B-L-D
Days 8-10: Moremi Game Reserve
- Early morning of Day 8, we enter Moremi Game Reserve, one of the finest wilderness areas in Botswana which covers swamp and dry areas.
- The next three days will be spent searching for the wide variety of wildlife and birds that this area is renowned for while absorbing the sounds and beauty of this region.
- Game drives in the early morning as the sun rises and in the late afternoon as the sunsets are the norm.
- After our morning game drives, we return to camp for lunch and a siesta.
- On Day 10 we move campsites to explore a different area of this diverse park.
- Camping is in private designated campsites with bush ablutions (2 nights in Western Moremi and 1 night in Eastern Moremi).
- Wild Camping B-L-D
Days 11-13: Chobe National Park
- Chobe National Park, with its diverse and striking landscapes, will be our next destination.
- As we continue our search for wildlife, we traverse the drier region of Savuti where bull elephants dot the plains.
- We then head northwards to the Chobe River where our game drives will meander along the banks of the river, followed by the call of the majestic African Fish Eagle.
- We spend day 11 exploring the Savuti region.
- Days 12 and 13 we head further north and spend this time closer to the Chobe River.
- Our game drives will meander along the banks of the river, followed by the call of the majestic African Fish Eagle.
- Camping will be in private designated areas with bush ablutions.
- Wild Camping B-L-D
Day 14: Victoria Falls
- After a morning game drive, we cross the Zambezi River by ferry and then drive to Livingstone on the Zambian, side of the Victoria Falls (Visa required), where we spend the night at a comfortable lodge.
- In the afternoon there will be time to visit the thunderous Victoria Falls and shop for curios.
- Dinner will be at your own expense at the lodge.
- Activities in Livingstone include White Water Rafting down the Zambezi Gorge, Canoeing on the upper Zambezi, Elephant rides and Helicopter Flights over the Victoria Falls, please ask your guide for further details.
- Comfortable lodge B
Day 15: Botswana Lion Safari Ends
- The safari officially ends at 10h00 on Day 15.
Rates from € 2270.00 pp
The Above Rates should be used as a guideline only.
- All rates are subject to availability
- Rates may vary according to season
- Lodging may change depending on your budget
- Vehicle type may change depending on your budget
- All rates may change without notice
- Single supplement may apply
- Camping equipment and accommodation (spacious bow tents with mattresses)
- Rooms at comfortable lodges in Livingstone
- All transfers and activities as per the itinerary
- All meals that are indicated (B – breakfast, L –lunch, D – dinner)
- Services of a Professional Guide and Camp Assistant
- All Botswana park fees for activities included on itinerary
- Transport in specialized safari vehicles
- Airport transfers
- Optional excursions (scenic flight over the Delta)
- Beverages (alcohol, soft drinks and bottled mineral water)
- Insurance to cover for cancellation and curtailment, medical, baggage, emergency evacuation
- Sleeping bag (and small pillow) on all camping sectors
- Any increase in National Park Fees