Rates from € 1690.00 pp
The Above Rates should be used as a guideline only.
- All rates are subject to availability
- Rates may vary according to season
- Lodging may change depending on your budget
- Vehicle type may change depending on your budget
- All rates may change without notice
- Single supplement may apply
- Departure; Scheduled and tailor-made departure dates
- Duration; 13 Night Botswana Safari
- Lodging; Limited participation camping safari
- Group Size; Minimum 4
- Note: Travel insurance is compulsory for all safaris
Day 1: Johannesburg to Khama Rhino Sanctuary
- Departing Johannesburg at 06:30am we head north into Botswana. We pass Serowe, birthplace of Botswana’s first president, Sir Seretse Khama, on our way to the Khama Rhino Sanctuary.
- This 4300-hectare reserve situated on the Kalahari sandveld, has several natural waterholes and provides prime habitat for white rhino, zebra and wildebeest.
- We take our first game drive around the open grassland of Malema and Serwe Pans
- Camping -LD
Day 2: Maun
- We drive through the Kalahari to Maun, the gateway to the Okavango Delta.
- Situated on the banks of the Thamalakane River, Maun is a bustling frontier town where we prepare for the delta excursion.
- After setting up camp we have a relaxing afternoon at the swimming pool
- Camping BL-
Days 3-5: Okavango Delta
- Our local guides will take us deep into the heart of the Okavango Delta on Makoro (dugout canoes).
- The delta forms as water flows from the Angolan highlands out over the Botswanan flat Kalahari Desert sands creating a delicate, green oasis for birds & wildlife.
- We will camp wild on remote islands in this amazingly dynamic environment & enjoy bush walks, bird watching & swim in the clear water.
- Camping with our local guides we learn more about their lifestyle & culture.
- We return to Maun in the late afternoon of day 5 and have time for an optional (own expense) game flight over the Okavango, which will reveal a different aspect of the delta.
- Camping Bx3, Lx3, Dx2
Days 6-9: Moremi & Savuti
- We have 4 nights in these conservation areas with time to explore the various habitats.
- We spend our time on game drives watching the plentiful wildlife including wild dog, elephant, hippo, buffalo, lion & other game.
- Moremi Game Reserve rates as one of the leading wildlife areas of the world and we take our open 4WD vehicle into Moremi for fantastic game viewing!
- Grasslands, floodplains, forests, lily lagoons and winding water channels combine to form a variety of game viewing habitats.
- Moving north over the sand ridge and into the Mababe depression we arrive at the Savuti Marsh.
- This open grassland area attracts herds of zebra and wildebeest, which in turn draw the large prides of lion, for which Savuti is famous.
- The waterhole near camp is also a favourite drinking point for many elephants and the sunsets here are fantastic.
- Camping BLD
Days 10-11: Chobe National Park
- The Chobe River flows lazily along the northern boundary of the Chobe National Park attracting some of the largest herds of elephant in Africa.
- In the early morning, we search for game and return to camp for brunch.
- The late afternoon game viewing "sundowner" cruise is a highlight as we see the mighty elephant herds returning to the Chobe River to quench their thirst.
- We camp at Kasane on the Chobe River for night 11.
- Camping Bx2, Lx2, Dx1
Days 12-13: Victoria Falls, Livingstone
- We camp for 2 nights in Zambia near Livingstone town on the banks of the Zambezi River.
- Enjoy a spectacular walk through tropical vegetation to the very edge of the "Mosi oa Tunya" or "the smoke that thunders" - Victoria Falls.
- Opportunities to white water raft on the mighty Zambezi River, Bungi Jump, or take a “flight of angels” (own expense).
- Camping Bx2, -, -
Day 14: Livingstone - Botswana Wildside Safari Ends
- Tour ends at 08:00 after breakfast. Transfers to local airports are available
- B - -
- 13 nights camping
- Entrance fees
- Use of camping equipment (including sleeping bags in the Delta)
- Transport in minibus / safari truck & 4WD
- Meals as per itinerary
- Professional guide
- Okavango Delta excursion & Moremi 4WD excursion
- Airport taxes
- Visa costs
- When in Livingstone / Victoria Falls - excursions and entrances
- Personal expenses
- Airport transfers in Livingstone