- Departure; Scheduled and tailor-made departure dates
- Duration; 13 Night Botswana Safari
- Lodging; Limited participation camping safari
- Group Size; Minimum 2
- Note: Travel insurance is compulsory for all safaris
Safari through the wilderness of Botswana to Victoria Falls
You can explore the Okavango Delta by traditional dug-outs, and the abundant wildlife of Okavango Delta, Moremi Game Reserve, Savuti and Chobe National Park. Plus, enjoy wonderful views of Victoria Falls!
This is an incredible opportunity to see some of the most beautiful landscapes and wildlife in Africa. A small group participation camping safari ijn which you will get up-close and personal experience with nature.
Book your spot on this safari today!
Day 1: Johannesburg to Khama Rhino Sanctuary
- Departing Johannesburg at 06:30 am we head north into Botswana. We pass Serowe, the birthplace of Botswana’s first president, Sir Seretse Khama, on our way to the Khama Rhino Sanctuary.
- This 4300-hectare reserve situated on the Kalahari sandveld has several natural waterholes and provides prime habitat for white rhino, zebra and wildebeest.
- We take our first game drive around the open grassland of Malema and Serwe Pans
- Camping -LD
Day 2: Maun
- We drive through the Kalahari to Maun, the gateway to the Okavango Delta.
- Situated on the banks of the Thamalakane River, Maun is a bustling frontier town where we prepare for the delta excursion.
- After setting up camp we have a relaxing afternoon at the swimming pool
- Camping BL-
Days 3-5: Okavango Delta
- Our local guides will take us deep into the heart of the Okavango Delta on Makoro (dugout canoes).
- The delta forms as waters flow from the Angolan highlands out over the Botswanan flat Kalahari Desert sands creating a delicate, green oasis for birds & wildlife.
- We will camp wild on remote islands in this amazingly dynamic environment & enjoy bush walks, bird watching & swim in the clear water.
- Camping with our local guides we learn more about their lifestyle & culture.
- We return to Maun in the late afternoon of day 5 and have time for an optional (own expense) game flight over the Okavango, which will reveal a different aspect of the delta.
- Camping Bx3, Lx3, Dx2
Days 6-9: Moremi & Savuti
- We have 4 nights in these conservation areas with time to explore the various habitats.
- We spend our time on game drives watching the plentiful wildlife including wild dog, elephant, hippo, buffalo, lion & other game.
- Moremi Game Reserve rates as one of the leading wildlife areas of the world and we take our open 4WD vehicle into Moremi for fantastic game viewing!
- Grasslands, floodplains, forests, lily lagoons and winding water channels combine to form a variety of game viewing habitats.
- Moving north over the sand ridge and into the Mababe depression we arrive at the Savuti Marsh.
- This open grassland area attracts herds of zebra and wildebeest, which in turn draw the large prides of lion, for which Savuti is famous.
- The waterhole near camp is also a favourite drinking point for many elephants and the sunsets here are fantastic.
- Camping BLD
Days 10-11: Chobe National Park
- The Chobe River flows lazily along the northern boundary of the Chobe National Park attracting some of the largest herds of elephant in Africa.
- In the early morning, we search for game and return to camp for brunch.
- The late afternoon game viewing "sundowner" cruise is a highlight as we see the mighty elephant herds returning to the Chobe River to quench their thirst.
- We camp at Kasane on the Chobe River for night 11.
- Camping Bx2, Lx2, Dx1
Days 12-13: Victoria Falls, Livingstone
- We camp for 2 nights in Zambia near Livingstone town on the banks of the Zambezi River.
- Enjoy a spectacular walk through tropical vegetation to the very edge of the "Mosi oa Tunya" or "the smoke that thunders" - Victoria Falls.
- Opportunities to white water raft on the mighty Zambezi River, Bungi Jump, or take a “flight of angels” (own expense).
- Camping Bx2,
Day 14: Livingstone - Botswana Wildside Safari Ends
- Tour ends at 08:00 after breakfast. Transfers to local airports are available
Rates from € 1 790.00 pp
+ Local Payment; US& 300.00 pp
The Above Rates should be used as a guideline only.
- All rates are subject to availability
- Rates may vary according to season
- Lodging may change depending on your budget
- Vehicle type may change depending on your budget
- All rates may change without notice
- Single supplement may apply
- 13 nights camping
- Entrance fees
- Use of camping equipment (including sleeping bags in the Delta)
- Transport in minibus / safari truck & 4WD
- Meals as per itinerary
- Professional guide
- Okavango Delta excursion & Moremi 4WD excursion
- Airport taxes
- Visa costs
- When in Livingstone / Victoria Falls - excursions and entrances
- Personal expenses
- Airport transfers in Livingstone