Lodge And Activity Highlights
- Morning and late afternoon game drives
- Excellent wildlife in the Savute channel
- Wonderful birdlife
- Famed Belmond service and luxury
- Zebra migration during February and October
- Historic San rock paintings
General Lodge Information
- Lodge type; Safari Lodge
- Location; Savute, Chobe National Park
- Lodge size; 12 luxury tents
- Recommended stay; 3-7 nights
The Luxurious Belmond Lodge In the Heart Of Savute Surrounded By Elephant And Lion
The Belmond Savute Elephant Lodge is a luxury safari lodge located in the heart of the Chobe National Park, sometimes referred to as the elephant capital of the world. The lodge offers guests excellent wildlife viewing opportunities, as well as wonderful birding experiences.
In the heart of the Chobe National Park in Northern Botswana, sometimes referred to as the elephant capital of the world, is the Savute - an area that personifies the eternal contrast of Africa.
Savute offers an object lesson in aridity where rain is rare and water is precious. You will find yourself in harmony with a unique, timeless place, removed from city life. In the Belmond Savute Elephant Lodge, you realise that precious little has changed on these dry plains since time began.
The realisation dawns that you are fortunate and privileged to be in one of the last corners of the planet governed by nature.
Rooms and Suites
12 En-suite Savute luxury lodge tents with thatched roofs set on raised wooden decks overlooking the Savute Channel and watering hole.
Each tented suite at Belmond Savute Elephant Lodge is equipped with outside showers, a private viewing deck with hammock and comfortable chairs, as well as an electric overhead fan and air-conditioning.
Each tent is also equipped with an internal telephone to reception and tent to tent, an electronic in-room safe and is equipped with a 24-hour electricity supply for your comfort and safety.
Suite amenities include;
- In-room safe
- Room-to-room telephones
Cuisine and Wine
Early morning tea/coffee delivered to rooms at wake up, a light breakfast before the morning game drive, and during the morning game drive, tea, coffee and biscuits.
On returning to Belmond Savute Elephant Lodge, a full buffet brunch is offered, followed by time to rest and relax. A light tea will precede the afternoon game drive, during which wine, beer, soft drinks & snacks will be served at sundown.
The evening meal is served either in the main dining area or the boma, depending on the day, with a wine presentation.
- Large central indoor lounge, dining area
- Outdoor Boma; a traditional dining experience area under the stars
Also, all tents, public areas and the swimming pool overlook the adjacent waterhole, so it is not uncommon to see elephant and predator activity from the luxury of your tent.
- 20 Meter swimming pool
- Small specialized retail outlet
- Small reference library
- Same-day complimentary laundry
- Complimentary wi-fi
As this Belmond Savute Elephant Lodge is situated in the Chobe National Park, park regulations prohibit night drives and walking. However, game viewing activities are offered in the morning and late afternoons in open 4x4 safari game viewing vehicles.
- Sundowners under the majestic Baobab Trees
- Discover the San Bushmen rock paintings
- Group dining experience under the stars (based on buy-out only)
- Traditional cooking demonstration (for groups only)
- Full-day zebra migration tour (seasonal)
- Full-day safari (subject to availability)
- Football game with the locals (subject to availability)
Belmond Savute Elephant Lodge is a luxurious safari lodge located in the heart of Chobe National Park - sometimes referred to as the elephant capital of the world.
The lodge offers guests excellent wildlife viewing, wonderful birdlife, and access to historic San rock paintings. Activities available include morning and late afternoon game drives as well as sundowners under Baobab trees.
Rooms and suites are well-appointed and offer guests all the amenities they need for a comfortable yet luxurious stay.
The cuisine at Belmond Savute Elephant Lodge is top-notch, with wine presentations offered during game drives. Guests can relax by the pool or enjoy an evening meal under the stars.
If you're looking for an unforgettable safari experience, then look no further than Belmond Savute Elephant Lodge!
Rates from US$ 1 600.00 per person
Savute Elephant Lodge Rates
Per person per night sharing
Rates are in US Dollars (US$)
*Rates may vary according to season
- Scheduled activities
- Laundry service
- All meals
- Refreshments, local spirits and wines
- National park fees
- Government levies, taxes and 12% VAT
- Local and International flights
- Travel insurance
- Premium branded drinks and alcohol
- Items of a personal nature
- Any item not mentioned