- Morning and late afternoon game drives
- Excellent wildlife
- Wonderful bird life
- Zebra migration during February and October
- Historic San rock paintings
- Lodge type; Safari Camp
- Location; Savute
- Lodge size; 12 luxury tents
- Recommended stay; 3-7 nights
In the heart of the Chobe National Park, sometimes referred to as the elephant capital of the world, is the Savute - an area that personifies the eternal contrast of Africa.
Savute offers an object lesson in aridity were rain is rare, and water is precious. You will find yourself in harmony with a unique, timeless place, removed from city life. In Savute Elephant Camp, you realise that previous little has changed on these dry plains since time began.
The realisation dawns that you are fortunate and privileged to be in one of the last corners of the planet governed by nature.
12 En-suite Savute Luxury Camp tents with thatched roofs set on raised wooden decks overlooking the Savute Channel.
Each tent is equipped with outside showers, a private viewing deck with hammock and comfortable chairs as well as electric overhead fan and air-conditioning.
Each tent is also equipped with an internal telephone to reception and tent to tent, an electronic in-room safe and is equipped with a 24-hour electricity supply for your comfort and safety.
- In-room safe
- Hair dryer
- Room to room telephones
Early morning tea/coffee delivered to rooms at wake up, a light breakfast before the morning game drive, and during the morning game drive, tea, coffee and biscuits.
On returning to Savute Elephant Camp, a full buffet brunch is offered followed by time to rest and relax. A light tea will precede the afternoon game drive during which wine, beer, soft drinks & snacks will be served at sundown.
The evening meal is served either in the main dining area or the boma depending on the day with a wine presentation.
- Large central indoor lounge, dining area
- Outdoor Boma; a traditional dining experience area under the stars
Also, all tents, public areas and the swimming pool overlook the adjacent water hole, so it is not uncommon to see elephant and predator activity from the luxury of your tent.
- 20 Meter swimming pool
- Small specialized retail outlet
- Small reference library
- Same day complimentary laundry
- Complimentary wi-fi
As this Savute Luxury Camp is situated in the Chobe National Park, park regulations prohibit night drives and walking. However, game viewing activities are offered in the morning and late afternoons in open 4x4 safari game viewing vehicles.
- Sundowners under the majestic Baobab Trees
- Discover the San Bushmen rock paintings
- Group dining experience under the stars (based on buy-out only)
- Traditional cooking demonstration (for groups only)
- Full day zebra migration tour (seasonal)
- Full day safari (subject to availability)
- Football game with the locals (subject to availability)
Rates from US$ 850.00 pp
Per person per night sharing
Rates are in US Dollars (US$)
*Rates may vary according to season
- Scheduled activities
- Laundry service
- All meals
- Refreshments, local spirits and wines
- National park fees
- Government levies, taxes and 12% VAT
- Local and International flights
- Travel insurance
- Premium branded drinks and alcohol
- Items of a personal nature
- Any item not mentioned