- Game drives
- Water game viewing via mokoro
- Powerboating safaris
- Spa and wellness treatments
- Private dining options
- The utmost in privacy
- Some of the best wildlife in Botswana
- Amazing staff
Xigera Camp Information
- Lodge type; Safari Lodge
- Location; Moremi Game Reserve
- Lodge size; 12 safari suites
- Recommended stay; 3-7 nights
Xigera (pronounced Keejera), a luxury safari lodge located deep in the heart of the famed Moremi Game Reserve, surrounded by some of the best wildlife and birdlife found in Botswana.
Xigera Safari Lodge has something for everyone in an area of Moremi that is remote and isolated as one can get. Permanent water all year round allows one to enjoy an unparalleled variety of activities including foot safaris, mokoro trips, game drives and powerboat outings in total privacy.
Access to Xigera is by light aircraft only.
Watch the sunset and the birds gliding home to roost from a motorboat on the Xigera Lagoon. Observe the wildlife and unique Delta scenery from the comfort of a Land Rover or, for the adventurous, track animals on foot. Or take in the beautiful sunrise from your comfortable bed while sipping your morning tea or coffee.
This is the option for those that are seeking out the utmost in luxury, privacy all the while being surrounded by the very best of what the Okavango Delta has to offer.
Rooms and Suites
Xigera Safari Lodge offers up twelve luxurious guest suites that take full advantage of their surrounds, all suites include;
- 1980-square-feet of indoor and outdoor living space per suite
- Indoors - large bedroom, a separate lounge and dressing room area
- Outdoors - private decks featuring gazebo and king-size daybed
- bathroom - indoor and outdoor showers as well as a freestanding bath
All suites have been designed and positioned to offer guests the ultimate in privacy and luxury.
A family suite is available for those with children in tow.
Cuisine and Wine
A unique culinary safari awaits guests no matter the time of day or location, be it a bush breakfast or private picnic, high tea or dinner in the boma under the Botswana stars or even a romantic dinner in ones own private suite.
All cuisine is prepared by a wonderful executive Chef and his amazing team in the kitchen.
For families, there is a special child-friendly menu on offer that can easily be adapted to suit your families wishes.
A climate-controlled wine cellar showcases a selection of fine wine and champagnes from across the world.
- Stunning river views
- Lounge and dining room with open fireplace
- Bar and wine cellar
- Air-conditioned library
- Star deck
- Swimming pool
- Well-equipped gym and Wellness Centre
- A serene swimming pool looking out over the Okavango Delta
- A waterside lounge area
The main wildlife experiences at Xigera Safari Lodge are based around the waters of the Okavango Delta with "glass-bottomed" mokoro safaris being an absolute highlight. Motorboat excursions are available when one wants to explore deeper into the delta itself.
Fishing in season on a catch and release basis is permitted.
Xigera is one of the few lodges to offer both land and water safari excursions year-round.
Early morning or late afternoon game drives in open 4x4 vehicles are available. Unfortunately, no night drives due to Moremi Game Reserve National Park regulations.
Walking safaris are also available; these come highly recommended by us here at Uyaphi.com, the only true way to appreciate the raw beauty of Africa is to walk amongst it.
Children aged 12 and over are welcome at Xigera Safari Lodge and the full adult rate is charged.
Spa and Wellness
- An extensive spa programme
- A focus on mindfulness, wellness and holistic healing
- Two luxury spa treatment rooms
- A state-of-the-art gym
Rates from US$ 2 650.00 pp
Per person per night sharing
Rates are in US Dollars (US$)
*Rates may vary according to season
- All meals
- All activities
- All non-alcoholic and alcoholic beverages (with the exception of Premium List)
- Park fees, accommodation taxes, tourism levies and VAT
- Daily laundry service (weather and water supply permitting)
- In-suite Wi-Fi
- Local and international flights
- Items of a personal nature
- Travel insurance
- Wines, spirits and champagnes on the Premium List