Camp And Activity Highlights
- Game drives in the Okavango Delta
- Water game viewing via glass-bottomed mokoro excursions
- Boating safaris and sunset cruises
- Spa and wellness treatments
- Private dining options overlooking the surrounding watery channels
- Unparalleled luxury in the Moremi Game Reserve
- Some of the best wildlife in Botswana
- Amazing staff and professional guiding at Xigera
General Camp Information
- Lodge type; Luxury Safari Lodge
- Location; Moremi Game Reserve
- Lodge size; 12 Tented Safari Suites
- Recommended stay; 3-7 nights
Xigera Is The Ultimate Luxury Safari Lodge In The Heart Of The Moremi Game Reserve
Xigera (pronounced Keejera) is a luxury option located deep in the heart of Botswana's Moremi Game Reserve, surrounded by some of the best wildlife and birdlife.
Xigera Safari Lodge has something for everyone in an area of Moremi that is remote and isolated as one can get.
Permanent water all year round allows one to enjoy an unparalleled variety of activities, including walking safaris, mokoro expeditions, game drives and boating excursions, all in total privacy.
Access to the Xigera Safari Lodge is by light aircraft only; after landing at the Xigera airstrip, one is transferred to the establishment by a 4x4 vehicle.
Watch the sunset and the birds gliding home to roost on a sunset cruise on the Xigera Lagoon. Observe the wildlife and unique Okavango Delta scenery from the comfort of a Land Rover or, for the adventurous, track animals on foot. Or take in the beautiful sunrise from your comfortable bed while sipping your morning tea or coffee.
Xigera Safari Lodge is the option for those that are seeking out the utmost in luxury and privacy, all the while being surrounded by the very best of what the Okavango Delta has to offer.
Rooms and Suites
Xigera Safari Lodge offers up twelve luxurious tented safari suites that take full advantage of their surroundings; all suites include;
- Air-conditioning and overhead fan
- 1980 square feet of indoor and outdoor living space per suite
- Indoors - large bedroom, a separate lounge and dressing room area
- Outdoors - private decks featuring gazebo and king-size daybed
- Bathroom - indoor and outdoor shower options as well as a copper freestanding bath
All suites have been designed and positioned to offer guests the ultimate privacy and luxury.
At Xigera Safari Lodge, a family suite is available for those with children in tow. Two bedrooms with en-suite bathroom facilities (including bathtubs and outdoor showers) allow for a family of four to experience the Okavango Delta in absolute luxury. The two rooms of the Family Suite share a lounge and private deck, perfect for private dinners.
Cuisine and Wine
A unique culinary trip awaits guests no matter the time of day or location, be it a bush breakfast or private picnic, high tea or dinner in the boma under the Botswana stars or even a romantic dinner in one's own private suite.
All cuisine at Xigera Safari Lodge is prepared by a highly-skilled head Chef and his amazing team in the kitchen.
For families, there is a special child-friendly menu on offer that can easily be adapted to suit your family's wishes.
A climate-controlled wine cellar showcases a selection of fine wine and champagnes from across the world.
- Xigera Safari Lodge with stunning views out over the Okavango Delta
- Lounge and dining room with open fireplace
- Bar and wine cellar
- Air-conditioned library
- Star deck
- Swimming pool
- Well-equipped gym and Wellness Centre
- A serene swimming pool looking out over the Okavango Delta
- A waterside lounge area
The main wildlife experiences at Xigera Safari Lodge are based around the waters of Botswana's Okavango Delta, with "glass-bottomed" mokoro safaris being an absolute highlight. Motorboat excursions are available when one wants to explore deeper into the delta itself.
In season, catch and release fishing is available for those interested in possibly catching Tigerfish or bream.
Xigera Safari Lodge is one of the few properties to offer both land and water excursions year-round.
Early morning or late afternoon game drives in open 4x4 vehicles are available. Unfortunately, no night drives due to Moremi Game Reserve National Park regulations.
Birding excursions are nothing short of exceptional, with sightings that include; the greater swamp warbler, African pygmy goose, western banded snake eagle, pied kingfisher, lesser jacana and Pel's fishing owl, to mention only a tiny amount of what one can expect to view and photograph.
Walking adventures are also available; these come highly recommended by us here at Uyaphi.com; the only true way to appreciate the raw beauty of the African bush is to walk amongst it.
Children aged 12 and over are welcome at Xigera Safari Lodge, and the full adult rate is charged.
A full range of wildlife activities suitable for teenagers is on offer, no chance of boredom setting in when in the Moremi Game Reserve; there is always something to do.
Spa and Wellness
- An extensive spa treatments programme is on offer at Xigera Safari Lodge
- A focus on mindfulness, wellness and holistic healing
- Two luxury spa treatment rooms
- A state-of-the-art gym
If you're looking for an unforgettable Botswana safari experience, look no further than Xigera Safari Lodge!
With luxurious suites that offer stunning views of the Okavango Delta, excellent cuisine and wine options, and a wide range of wildlife activities to partake in, this lodge has it all.
Xigera Safari Lodge is also child-friendly, with a range of activities and amenities available for families travelling with teenagers.
So what are you waiting for? Book your stay now at Xigera Safari Lodge and experience one of the best wilderness safaris in northern Botswana today!
Rates from US$ 2 953.00 per person
Xigera Safari Lodge Rates
Per person per night sharing
Rates are in US Dollars (US$)
*Rates may vary according to season
- All meals
- All activities
- All non-alcoholic and alcoholic beverages (with the exception of Premium List)
- Park fees, accommodation taxes, tourism levies and VAT
- Daily laundry service (weather and water supply permitting)
- In-suite Wi-Fi
- Local and international flights
- Items of a personal nature
- Travel insurance
- Wines, spirits and champagnes on the Premium List