Rates from US$ 1295.00 pp
Per person per night sharing
Rates are in US Dollars (US$)
*Rates may vary according to season
- Lodge type; Safari Camp
- Location; Moremi Game Reserve
- Lodge size; 12 safari tents
- Recommended stay; 3-7 nights
Chiefs Camp is a luxurious bush camp positioned on Chiefs Island within the extraordinary Mombo Concession of the Moremi Game Reserve in Botswana. Within this "predator capital of Africa", wild dog, lion, cheetah in addition to leopard are plentiful, and visitors delight in outstanding opportunities to interact with this incredible environment.
Ever since the introduction of white rhino within the area, this is the only place in Botswana where these amazing animals may be seen in their natural habitat.
This Chiefs Island Lodge continues to be efficiently integrated into the surroundings to the degree that visitors can frequently view wildlife without having to leave camp.
Shaded from the heat during the day by a wonderful grove of jackalberry trees, Chiefs Camp is so remote you will think that you are the only people for miles and miles.
12 private, permanent luxurious bush pavilions at Chiefs Camp are equipped for quintessential privacy and comfort, as well as offering you a front row seat for this rich and also satisfying African adventure.
Every pavilion incorporates a thatched roof, spacious seating area, en-suite amenities with an outdoor and indoor shower in addition to an exclusive game viewing veranda along with hammock and deck chairs.
Each unit provides a generous mosquito net over a four-poster bed, two closets, a book shelf, writing table and mini bar.
The main lodge complex at Chiefs Island Lodge houses the dining area, curio shop, library and reception area. There's a delightful swimming pool as well as a choice of health spa treatments are provided by the beauty therapist from a poolside treatment sala (high season only).
Game viewing possibilities consist of day-to-day expeditions in open-sided four wheel drive vehicles in addition to tranquil mokoro excursions through narrow Delta channels in the flood season (subject to water levels).
Professional guides will always be readily available to provide a wealth of wildlife knowledge, that will help you take full advantage of these rare and amazing opportunities.
Families with children six years and older are most welcome at Chiefs Camp. Family accommodation and meals options, as well as activities and a play retreat, are available.
Malaria is present in the area.
There is a treatment room at the camp with a range of treatments using Thalgo and Africology products. A small gym area is also an option to keep one's fitness levels up.
- Game drives
- Mokoro (dugout canoe) activities
- Game viewing decks
- Swimming pool
- Gourmet cuisine and premier wines
- All meals and drinks (excluding premium brands)
- Park fees
- Emergency medical evacuation
- The following activities: Morning and afternoon game drives and mokoro excursions (seasonal)
- Return transfers to and from Chief's Airstrip to the camp
- Local and international flights
- Premium alcoholic drinks
- Spa treatments from the Chief's Camp treatment room
- Additional activities including helicopter flights over the Delta
- Gratuities to driver/guides and staff
- All items of a personal nature, telephone calls and curio shop purchases
- Private vehicle and guide
- Travel insurance